New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [X] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2012, 04:00 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagan_massey View Post
CDJapan and I used Fedex for shipping.
Same as you. The guy knocked on my door at 8am i was so tired lol
Old 20th March 2012, 04:01 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingrush View Post
Same as you. The guy knocked on my door at 8am i was so tired lol
WAKE UP! PARTY QUEEN IS HEEEERE

lol

Definitely worth getting up for!
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 20th March 2012, 04:04 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ looool

I guess this definetely made your day

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 20th March 2012, 04:06 PM
Replace Initiate

ExodusUK comment is actually logical, you know. and the reasons he has stated are actually quite rational.
he simply pointed out what he feels like a 'let it be' Ayuteam attitude now, if I got it right. and avex attitude is unexplainable to me.

but what could we expect with so little promotion?
'ayumi hamasaki' is a brand, but you still need to remind people 'I'm still here', you know, you cannot fully rely on the old fanbase or old brand reputation/luck...like in fashion industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
I don't remember the first day for JAPONESQUE but the first week was over 93k. I wouldn't compare these two albums though since JAPONESQUE was 19 tracks long, had PV's for all songs and had Kuu's 50th single in it. Big celebration there~ I actually didn't think PQ would sell better than JAPONESQUE but only future will tell.
yes it did sell more, but you know, the promo for it did suck a lot too!

avex just decided to get profit from YGEX, it seems?

avex is much to blame as they do it to many artists, look at ICONIQ even, or Ami Suzuki?

to me sales are very low, unexpectable. I too, though, thought it wouldn't sell more than JAPONESQUE somehow, and JAPONESQUE didn't deserve such sales also
Old 20th March 2012, 04:21 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Now the fact that these are the "early" sales because of the holiday, not even counting pre-orders, we're not sure how it goes... But if Acid Black Cherry actually surpasses Ayu at the end of the week, well...

...for me, I'm fine. I'm not worried, and maybe in my mind I would be pleased that Ayu actually shouldn't deserve #1. (What about Acid Black Cherry - did it have singles prior to their album?) But for other people here, I can't even predict...
Old 20th March 2012, 04:21 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I feel so sad for ayumi right now...
lets hope it does pick up tomorrow! (well, today)
Actually I've the feeling Ayu doesn't care about the charts anymore ^^;
She's not even going to perform on tv or anything.. It's like she's tired of being exposed to the media attention and just like to keep doing her work by herself, without any kind of promotion.
I'd be happier if she sold more or reached #1, but I still love and support her, and always will, and if she's happy with that.. well, I'm too

♡ Ayu fan since 2003 ♡

Last edited by Mami-chan; 20th March 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 20th March 2012, 04:26 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

When I think of the Shake It and NaNaNa PVs, I don't think they deserve #1, but songs like Return Road, hbya, Tell me why, etc, definitely deserve for this album to get #1.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 20th March 2012, 04:28 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami-chan View Post
She's not even going to perform on tv or anything.. It's like she's tired of being exposed to the media attention and just like to keep doing her work by herself, without any kind of promotion.
I'd be happier if she sold more or reached #1, but I still love and support her, and always will, and if she's happy with that.. well, I'm too
Well, the fact that it's not even in the highest priority for me; right now that would be miwa for me, and there's also a Sayuri Sugawara single that is also in my mind a bit more than Ayu (although we're expecting Sayu's not really high-caliber at this moment)...
Old 20th March 2012, 04:28 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
Then why are you bothering to be her fan if all you do is complain? Go listen to someone else then. I can understand not liking her music, but saying she "deserves" low sales and she doesn't take her career seriously? How the **** do you know that? And how can you claim that her work ethic sucks? Ayu works herself to the bone for her fans, to the point that she went deaf in one of her ears, and she barely sleeps. And you have the nerve the say **** like that.

Just gtfo. Seriously.
Words cannot explain how much I agree with you on this one!

Really... Some people think they know everything about ayu and her team, like shut the hell up ****ing wannabe go take a break and listen to another artist if you are so bothered by ayu.

And I HATE avex for their stupid lack of promotion, AGAIN. edit
Old 20th March 2012, 04:33 PM
Don't look back Initiate

You know, Ayu said she wanted to open the album with "call", i wonder what concept she had for the album at that time...
and may "a cup of tea" was a prelude to Party queen instead lol...
Old 20th March 2012, 04:34 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

oh please , everyone , it's ONLY the 1st day & the real battle wouldn't start til tomorrow

anything goes within the next few days , ayumi can be #1 or #10 if not #100 but I still support her no matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Now the fact that these are the "early" sales because of the holiday, not even counting pre-orders, we're not sure how it goes... But if Acid Black Cherry actually surpasses Ayu at the end of the week, well...

...for me, I'm fine. I'm not worried, and maybe in my mind I would be pleased that Ayu actually shouldn't deserve #1. (What about Acid Black Cherry - did it have singles prior to their album?) But for other people here, I can't even predict...
ABC's latest album 2012 contains 7 singles , with 5 singles that were released on a 1 single per month basis from last Sept til this year in Jan

I'm an ABC fan so naturally I'm stoked for yasu in getting #1 on the 1st day but I don't think 2012 will be able to get #1 overall , week wise since none of his singles if not albums ever claimed the top spot

Unlike ayumi where there's little if not 0 promo coming at her end , ABC has been doing a lot more promo for 2012 , ranging from magazine promos to radio promos & also giving out a lot 'free gifts' for his fans in line with his 4th anniversary project ABC Dream CUP

ABC Dream CUP was started in March 2011 to thank fans who have supported him over the past 4 years. Last year, 3 out of the 4 presents were released, which included free Chaku-Uta download for all his singles, a free live concert for 40,000 fans, and a free download and streaming of the free concert.

The final present is a free distribution of Acid Black Cherry’s 0th single Kimi ga Iru Kara

At the end of the day to me , sales & no.s are secondary to me . But like what I said before , this hasn't even started & people are going bonkers over it , I don't want to see another Kobukuro part II drama taking place again :x

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 20th March 2012, 04:39 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami-chan View Post
i dont think she cares for the sales that much either (at least the way she does things makes me think this.)
But it doesn't stop me from feeling sad about it...
Old 20th March 2012, 04:44 PM

She has said quite a while back that she doesn't care about sales and charts, I believe.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 20th March 2012, 04:53 PM
GREEN Initiate

someone was asking and I couldn't find it so I thought I would put it here for comparisons...

Koda Kumi's 1st day for JAPONESQUES: 40768
2nd day for JAPONESQUES: 18934

it is almost double ayumi's... but like mentioned before it was released a day early.. i would compare first day with the "normal" first day. everything before can be a bonus.. lol
Old 20th March 2012, 04:55 PM
ayu trance Initiate

reminds me is definitely my favorite track so far on this album.
Old 20th March 2012, 05:01 PM

^^the reminds me-Return Road-Tell me why section is perfect to me.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 20th March 2012, 05:07 PM
poker face Initiate

I am still waiting for my party queen ..but it was shipped yesterday
Old 20th March 2012, 05:08 PM
walking proud Initiate

Those numbers really aren't surprising to me. This album has almost no hype or promotion behind it; I really don't think anyone outside of her fan base is aware of it. And I don't think the covers help things one bit.
Old 20th March 2012, 05:09 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
You know, Ayu said she wanted to open the album with "call", i wonder what concept she had for the album at that time...
and may "a cup of tea" was a prelude to Party queen instead lol...
I assume she let Timmy compose the next LOVE and Eyes, Smoke, Magic and decided to re-arrange the album. just my gut feel.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 20th March 2012, 06:11 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

well, i'm sure ayu does care about sales. of course she wants people to enjoy her hard work and make money off of it. but i can agree that it's getting obvious over the years that she cares less and less about them, and probably just does what she wants to do and hopes for the best.
anyway yeah the sales are shockingly low, especially since they're less than FIVE and that was just a mini album.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab