Online Shopping Help **READ FIRST** - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2009, 06:36 AM
YOU Initiate

YESASIA? or CDJAPAN?

k, so, i'm new to buying things online...and i was wondering which site was more reliable when shipping to the united states. yesasia? or cdjapan?
Old 6th August 2009, 06:38 AM
winding road Initiate

with shipping, Yesasia is generally cheaper, but CDJ is faster and has more protection for your package. I use both, generally, YA is good when you want to order a lot of things, and CDJ is good when you want to order one or two things

Old 6th August 2009, 06:39 AM
YOU Initiate

okay, thanks so much! that's all i needed.
Old 7th August 2009, 02:12 AM
sending mail Initiate

I wanted to know the same thing, thanks GRACE!

Old 7th August 2009, 02:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
generally, YA is good when you want to order a lot of things, and CDJ is good when you want to order one or two things
Why? YesAsia shipping charge is so cheap but some CDs are really more expensive than they are on cdjapan so sometimes there is no difference.

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 7th August 2009, 03:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

you have to compare cd one by one because they have different price for the same item . cd japan shipping is a real pain though it takes 3 weeks to a month to get the cd . personally i never buy cd at yesasia or cdjapan because i think its expensive and they are both overprice .

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 7th August 2009, 02:34 PM
BALLAD Initiate

^that's not true about cdjapan, my cd took so fast to arrive, compare to hmv japan or YA.

if my order is a preorder item, sometimes it gets ship BEFORE release date and i received them ON the release date, when i'm using EMS(it reach me with 2 days!!!!), so i'm not complaining, i love the idea of getting my stuff the same day as it got on the shelves in Japan stores.

My Instagram

Old 7th August 2009, 03:24 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
with shipping, Yesasia is generally cheaper, but CDJ is faster and has more protection for your package. I use both, generally, YA is good when you want to order a lot of things, and CDJ is good when you want to order one or two things
I agree. Plus, if Yesasia offers shipping in your area, the prices are even more convienient. But you should compare prices on individual items first. And if you want your CD fast, CDJapan is def the best.

Last.fm

Old 7th August 2009, 10:43 PM
Daybreak Initiate

In my experience, YesAsia is slow and CDJapan is fast. I once received a CD a day before its actual release date! And that was through REGULAR air mail, not even registered or EMS.
For YesAsia however, I sometimes waited weeks for my items.

That's why I only use YesAsia for stuff you can't get at CDJapan, which is basically:

- overseas versions. CDJapan only has Japanese versions while YesAsia also usually stocks overseas versions like Taiwan or Hongkong press.
- tour goodies. YesAsia has all of Ayu's latest tour goodies like AT08, PCDL08-09 and AT09. CDJapan never has goodies.

Hope I helped you
Old 23rd August 2009, 11:22 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Hey, I have a question about ordering from YesAsia. ^-^ My mom's finally letting me do what I want with my money, even ordering international products. XD But uh, yeah, we're having a garage sale this weekend and I plan on using the money to order some Ayu CDs.

So, what's the difference between the Hong Kong versions of her CDs and the Japanese versions? I notice there's a significant difference in price (and from CD only to CD only, I know there's definitely a difference between CD and CD+DVD)

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 24th August 2009, 02:18 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

aside from price , these are the differences between HK & Japan presses of her stuff

In a HK press (same thing goes for Taiwan press)

- you get a chinese translation sheet . You obviously don't get that in a Japan press

- DVD region code . HK & Taiwan's DVD region code's 3 while Japan's 2 so you have to make sure whether can your computer play region code 2 or 3 DVDs or not

These're the 2 main differences . To me a HK press is slightly worse than the quality of a Taiwan press imo but that's the slightly picky side of me that's talking

Since YesAsia doesn't sell Taiwan presses of her stuff (aside from Johnny's bands) , in terms of the OBI , it's almost exactly the same replica of a Japan press

unlike Taiwan presses where you have a white background & blue words in the centre of the OBI strip

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 24th August 2009, 03:31 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
aside from price , these are the differences between HK & Japan presses of her stuff

In a HK press (same thing goes for Taiwan press)

- you get a chinese translation sheet . You obviously don't get that in a Japan press

- DVD region code . HK & Taiwan's DVD region code's 3 while Japan's 2 so you have to make sure whether can your computer play region code 2 or 3 DVDs or not

These're the 2 main differences . To me a HK press is slightly worse than the quality of a Taiwan press imo but that's the slightly picky side of me that's talking

Since YesAsia doesn't sell Taiwan presses of her stuff (aside from Johnny's bands) , in terms of the OBI , it's almost exactly the same replica of a Japan press

unlike Taiwan presses where you have a white background & blue words in the centre of the OBI strip
Cool! Thanks so much, KarenPang. ^-^ It'd be kinda cool to have a Chinese translation sheet. Not that I know Chinese or anything.

Thanks again. ^_^

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 26th August 2009, 03:52 AM
BALLAD Initiate

and in terms of paper quality, japan version are better. The OS uses paper of poorer quality, thus in the long term you might see fading or sort faster then JP press.

so if you can afford the JP press, and feel that you would keep the cd for years, take the JP press.

My Instagram

Old 27th August 2009, 02:49 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
and in terms of paper quality, japan version are better. The OS uses paper of poorer quality, thus in the long term you might see fading or sort faster then JP press.

so if you can afford the JP press, and feel that you would keep the cd for years, take the JP press.
i agree . japanese version are QUALITY ! and thats what mather the most . something that will be durable , especially if you like to collect stuff .

a lot of people complain that japanese version are expensive but i dont agree with them . you can buy a used japanese version for the same price or even cheapper tahn those hk or overseas version.if you wanna save some extra bucks second hand cds might be a solution

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 27th August 2009, 11:45 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^or for brand new copies, especially singles. There's always the ales at cdjapan or hmv japan.

I strongly recommend hmv japan in terms of sales, sometimes you get get a brand new single for as low as USD$6. and for the shipping rates, they have the most reasonable price, and they use register mail, which is quite fast(faster then YA's free shipping).

For shipping to my country, singapore:
1 item-900 yen
2 item-900 yen

My Instagram

Old 28th August 2009, 03:57 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

its true the single price is good but the problem is the shipping is more expensive than the single. its not really a deal ...
if you add the shipping and the price of the cd than cdjapan and hmv are more expensive . in the end its still quite pricy but i agree they have a better costumer service than yesasia and also ship faster .
personally i use itunes japan ( that way i dont have to pay for shipping ) or i buy used japanese version .

Old 28th August 2009, 05:52 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

talking about hmv jp, they only use registered mail shipping method or there are others?

and also for ready in stock item, is the total price show when we want to check out is really the final price or will it change for some reason? I was thingking to buy a book from hmv japan since the price including shipping is cheaper than YA but im afraid if its not actually the final price.

set by CHERRIM

Old 28th August 2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyreen View Post
talking about hmv jp, they only use registered mail shipping method or there are others?

and also for ready in stock item, is the total price show when we want to check out is really the final price or will it change for some reason? I was thingking to buy a book from hmv japan since the price including shipping is cheaper than YA but im afraid if its not actually the final price.
HMV Japan only uses EMS as its choice of shipping & with regards to the 2nd portion of what you said , yes but sometimes here & there , HMV Japan will have its own sales going on so from time to time , you should check their website on that

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 28th August 2009, 06:35 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

icic. thanks karen.

now i just worry about the final total price part. I scare if suddenly they will overcharge my debit card with "new"total price.

set by CHERRIM

Old 28th August 2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyreen View Post
icic. thanks karen.

now i just worry about the final total price part. I scare if suddenly they will overcharge my debit card with "new"total price.
the con about HMV Japan's that they don't accept PayPal , only credit/debit cards

so let's say if the total cost you have to pay them's 1,900 Yen , if you punch that no. into XE.com , what you see on there , might not be the actual amount you have to pay the next time you update your bank book

it's usually higher & sometimes lower , depending on the exchange rate

Closed Thread

Tags
bootleg, cdjapan, hmv japan, online shopping, ordering, play-asia, yesasia