New digital single 'Mask' out November 18th, 2022 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 14th November 2022, 07:53 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Nice cover. The description read as if it began full force with the winter sound of TK, but the preview has 0 winter vibes as I generally perceive the winter vibes of Ayu to be. Lol. So we’ll see.
I hope it's not Winter diary 2.0

When I realize the song is from TK, I don't feel excited anymore.

At least the single cover is not bad.

Textless Cover: https://twitter.com/lastangel_ayu/st...425536/photo/1

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 14th November 2022, 08:22 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

While not exactly the same, I hear hints of Kahara Tomomi’s “I Believe” in the preview. Mostly just the tone and style (is it staccato?) of the piano maybe? There’s also some layering happening which I personally love. It’s very Komuro, but also very Ayu in regards to her winter songs at least (the layering I mean haha).

It’s also interesting how this is specifically mentioning “crossroad”—in that that was the last song Komuro had done both the composition and arrangement. To me, that’s still probably one of the best Komuro song in her discography, but I also wonder if that means he had far less involvement in the other ones? (Were they just stock tracks that existed in his catalogue that she bought?) And by mentioning “crossroad”, I wonder if Ayu also feels this will be just as strong a song?

Edit: Wait, Sending mail was also both composed and arranged by Komuro. So now I’m getting into conspiracy theories lol. Were they done around the same time? Both meant to be a single? On the same single? Was sending mail in fact done first, making crossroad the “newer” one by technicality? Or did Ayu simply forget? Lol Japanese wiki lied to me lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 15th November 2022 at 12:34 AM.
Old 14th November 2022, 08:44 AM
Initiate

God the cover is beautiful !!

BUT for the preview of the song... I didn't expect that ! It feel so "old school" like I was listening to a 1990's song ! I was expecting a powerful ballad xD
Old 14th November 2022, 08:46 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Old 14th November 2022, 09:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Woohoo! I wasn't expecting much as the two last singles are not really my cup of tea (I am not a suckers for Kpop EDM type of songs) but TK, i love his melodies and crossroads was sublime! I am suprised by the preview i was expecting a ballad, but i love the keyboard in it.
Old 14th November 2022, 09:19 AM
from your letter Initiate

So old school, hope for something fresh after this introduction…. I personnaly not a big fan of this keyboard sound but the cover is really good, very mature.
Old 14th November 2022, 10:31 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Woohoo! I wasn't expecting much as the two last singles are not really my cup of tea (I am not a suckers for Kpop EDM type of songs) but TK, i love his melodies and crossroads was sublime! I am suprised by the preview i was expecting a ballad, but i love the keyboard in it.
I thought it’s a sad ballad? The intro doesn’t sounds like it
Old 14th November 2022, 11:17 AM
Because of You Initiate

The cover is nice, looks well put together at least. The song preview?? Megh. I can’t tell much from that little bit, but it does sound megh so we’ll see.

I don’t know why some of you expected a ballad. The description didn’t sound like a ballad, the cover “concept” either.
Old 14th November 2022, 11:26 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
I thought it’s a sad ballad? The intro doesn’t sounds like it
My exact thought. She mentioned Mask is a powerful strong sad ballad few months ago and she even said she could not stop crying when she filmed the PV.
Wtf @ Mask preview is now....

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 14th November 2022, 12:57 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
While not exactly the same, I hear hints of Kahara Tomomi’s “I Believe” in the preview. Mostly just the tone and style (is it staccato?) of the piano maybe? There’s also some layering happening which I personally love. It’s very Komuro, but also very Ayu in regards to her winter songs at least (the layering I mean haha).

It’s also interesting how this is specifically mentioning “crossroad”—in that that was the last song Komuro had done both the composition and arrangement. To me, that’s still probably one of the best Komuro song in her discography, but I also wonder if that means he had far less involvement in the other ones? (Were they just stock tracks that existed in his catalogue that she bought?) And by mentioning “crossroad”, I wonder if Ayu also feels this will be just as strong a song?

Edit: Wait, Sending mail was also both composed and arranged by Komuro. So now I’m getting into conspiracy theories lol. Were they done around the same time? Both meant to be a single? On the same single? Was sending mail in fact done first, making crossroad the “newer” one by technicality? Or did Ayu simply forget? Lol
The Show Must Go On and Dreamed a Dream are also TK compositions. I guess the translation wasn't accurate enough, but they are saying Mask is the first song he composed AND arranged for her since crossroad. All the other songs are composed but not arranged by him.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 14th November 2022, 01:03 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

this keyboard gives me that Endless sorrow vibe, is it just me?!

Totally loved it <3
Old 14th November 2022, 01:31 PM
appears Initiate

She should include "Someday My Prince Will Come" as the B-side.
Old 14th November 2022, 04:44 PM
Love song H-Initiate

official textless cover
Old 14th November 2022, 05:44 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

thank u
Old 14th November 2022, 06:04 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
My exact thought. She mentioned Mask is a powerful strong sad ballad few months ago and she even said she could not stop crying when she filmed the PV.
Wtf @ Mask preview is now....
I don't recall the term ballad was ever used. We just assumed it to be a ballad because of the "powerfull" word and that she cried while recording it of shooting pv... We should have known better... She cries on almost every songs.
Old 14th November 2022, 08:01 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post

Edit: Wait, Sending mail was also both composed and arranged by Komuro. So now I’m getting into conspiracy theories lol. Were they done around the same time? Both meant to be a single? On the same single? Was sending mail in fact done first, making crossroad the “newer” one by technicality? Or did Ayu simply forget? Lol
''Sending Mail'' was arranged by Yuta Nakano
Old 14th November 2022, 08:44 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Heard the new preview short on YouTube today. Looking forward to it! (^.^)
Old 14th November 2022, 08:45 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
this keyboard gives me that Endless sorrow vibe, is it just me?!

Totally loved it <3
I felt that too!!!
Old 14th November 2022, 11:30 PM
opening Run Initiate

TK is a sign of quality.
Old 15th November 2022, 12:32 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
''Sending Mail'' was arranged by Yuta Nakano
You’re right! The Japanese Wiki is wrong :-|

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Tags
mask