[Koda Kumi] The 185th Thread - LIVE TOUR 2016 ~BEST SINGLE COLLECTION~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th August 2016, 07:16 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Till WOML Tour? Means you only dislike The Artist.

We're talking again, guys, when we all have actually seen this years tour.
Even when you dislike the setlist e.g , from all the reports she's dancing like mad, so maybe you're going to like it anyway?

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 25th August 2016, 03:29 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Hmm I love her lives, we'll see about this one when it gets broadcasted but i've never been the least bit disappointed with kumi before (except when the ballad segements are too long that's why i liked WOML tour so much)

tumblr

Old 25th August 2016, 03:47 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I really love her lives! The only one I didn't have enough patience to watch again was The Artist. I think she's always doing something new and mixing with her old traditional acts. WOML Tour had a lot of new things that she never did before so I'm still very happy with watching her concerts.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 25th August 2016, 08:40 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Looking younger and nice cellphone case btw

IG | YT | PR

Old 25th August 2016, 09:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Looking amazing! <3

Lately I've been noticing that her hair is so damaged on the tips :x No shade at all it's just something I've noticed in the latest candids pictures of her.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 26th August 2016, 01:05 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Till WOML Tour? Means you only dislike The Artist.

We're talking again, guys, when we all have actually seen this years tour.
Even when you dislike the setlist e.g , from all the reports she's dancing like mad, so maybe you're going to like it anyway?
I'm including the Best Singles Collection, because I'm including my initial hype towards the tour. I've always been really amped up for new tours from her, but lately my interest just isn't there. I know it's taboo to judge something before I see it in full, but that's just how I feel.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 26th August 2016, 03:03 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Looking amazing! <3

Lately I've been noticing that her hair is so damaged on the tips :x No shade at all it's just something I've noticed in the latest candids pictures of her.
I'm surprised she still has hair lol jk

She has probably dyed her hair millions of times now
Old 26th August 2016, 03:18 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maze View Post

Looking younger and nice cellphone case btw
She looks fantastic here!
Old 26th August 2016, 10:53 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Today's KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ concert in Okayama will start at 7.30pm instead of 7pm due to heavy rain

Quote:
【お知らせとお詫び】 
本日の岡山公演ですが
JR山陽線岡山駅〜倉敷駅間の大雨による運転を見合わせをうけ
開演を19時30分頃とさせて頂きます。急な変更となりまして
申し訳御座いません。どうぞお気をつけてご来場下さいませ。
https://twitter.com/KODAKUMINET/stat...09736906067968

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 26th August 2016, 12:17 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Talking

wow she looks great
Old 26th August 2016, 01:08 PM
Initiate

I know I'll probably love the new tour, because at the end of the day it is a Koda Kumi concert, and she's one of the best performers in Japan right now, not to say even more than that.
The thing is that some of the concepts are quite similar, it's just like watching her performance on a-nation, it used to be one of the highlights of the year, because she was always bringing something different, but for the last 3 or 4 years, it has been pretty much the same thing, the same songs, they are still good performances because of her energy and how good she is, but it's just that, you know?

It's just like Michelle Visage criticizes on Rupaul's Drag Race, we're not complaning about who she is as an artist, but we're saying that because we know she can deliver so much more.

I like The Artist, it's not one of her best shows because of how she's singing the ballad section, the stage is really basic (that's why I like her Hall Tours way more, the stages are more expensive looking than for an arena), and the setlist it's not that great, but it's an entertaining concert and she's really giving a good performance.
Old 26th August 2016, 06:12 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

But in the end of the day, what's similar concepts?
That she's doing tissue dance again? But she trained it and it isn't easy, of course she's doing it again. Then the cross for CWGB - we have to wait to see how it's done anyway.
The stage and interludes are made like a music box, with which The Artist ended. Then the song with fan interaction....
Or what do you guys dislike?
The only thing I can see fans being disappointed about right now without seeing it is that it's a best of tour and not one with a new album.
I do get the feeling people are more pissed about her not releasing as much anymore. Which just reminds me, how materialistic this world is.
No offence, cause I like releases as well, but for me it's alright without a summer single e.g.
I'm not mad because of that.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 26th August 2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 26th August 2016, 07:34 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
But in the end of the day, what's similar concepts?
That she's doing tissue dance again? But she trained it and it isn't easy, of course she's doing it again. Then the cross for CWGB - we have to wait to see how it's done anyway.
The stage and interludes are made like a music box, with which The Artist ended. Then the song with fan interaction....
Or what do you guys dislike?
The only thing I can see fans being disappointed about right now without seeing it is that it's a best of tour and not one with a new album.
I do get the feeling people are more pissed about her not releasing as much anymore. Which just reminds me, how materialistic this world is.
No offence, cause I like releases as well, but for me it's alright without a summer single e.g.
I'm not mad because of that.
I'm not going to explain why I'm not interested in her recent stuff, because quite frankly it doesn't matter. I'm allowed to feel what I feel and I'm not criticizing her in any way. Kuu is still my favourite artist. And I don't think any one is pissed that she's not releasing any thing new. Maybe anxious, but I think we are all aware that she's got a family. And I don't think that materialistic is the right term to use to describe anyone here. It's not only rude, but inaccurate.

Old 27th August 2016, 02:41 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm sorry, if I came across as rude, I'm seriously just interested in knowing why. But it's alright, be it is it may, if you don't want to speak about it.^^
I also only tried to describe my feelings.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 27th August 2016, 02:55 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It's alright. I wish I loved everything Kuu did. I wish everyone loved everything Kuu does. Sometimes I listen to her music and I'm like why isn't she the next Michael Jackson (for success and acclaim, not looks and sanity, lol)? She's my absolute favourite, no matter what

Old 27th August 2016, 03:43 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I know we're all big fans, that's actually the reason I've asked.
Another JPop and fans related little story I just remember:
Just recently I bought some tickets to a Volbeat concert with an old friend. And when I said, that I wanted some good seats to see the stage properly, she laughed at me, cause she thinks. it's the live music you're going to the concert for.
Really had to think about that afterwards, lol.
We JPop fans are really spoiled fans.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 27th August 2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 27th August 2016, 05:09 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Like you say Marika , I think what fans are disappointed right now is lack of new material

I thought what Kuu released last year was little but this year is on a different level

I guess everyone all expects her to keep up her momentum especially since she's the same person that releases her material so fast in the past until at times I have problems keeping up with her pace

From the way I see it , now she wants to do things her way which's not a bad thing . I have a feeling that in the past when she released too fast , the quality of her material somewhat suffer

I know fans might not like KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ as it offers nothing new but to me , it's a celebration of her releasing so many singles from start until now & if you follow/support her from the very beginning , it's a great way to relieve memories/moments be it good or bad ones

I'm most definitely sure towards the tail end of the tour , she will finally release something but now the only thing I can do is to wait

Also , in recent times her a-nation performances have been predictable . I don't know if that will change tomorrow

But for her tours , each has an unique concept & tells a story/chapter of her life

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 27th August 2016, 07:14 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Does anybody know what's the surprise at the beginning?
This is my favorite ballad and I love that kuu gets so emotional when singing it :')

IG | YT | PR

Old 27th August 2016, 07:32 AM
still alone Initiate

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
She looks fantastic here!

LOVE this pic. And that phone case is awesome
Old 27th August 2016, 01:54 PM
Initiate

My main problem isn't with her concerts, more with the festival performances.

I'm totally fine with the setlist, as I said on JPC: people are crazy if they are expecting a different setlist for a concert called BEST SINGLE COLLECTION.

It's not something in special that is missing, the concerts are just not feeling "fresh", you know? Most of the things are "been there, done that". I'm just not feeling the concert yet, but I'm sure I will when I watch the show.

As for the fact that she's not releasing as much stuff as before, I'm fine with that. I was sad for the summer release being skipped because that was a 'must have' in her career for ten years, and as she said on an interview in 2014 "I want people to think about Koda Kumi when they think about summer" and it has always been like this for me. I dont think there's anything wrong in feeling down for not seeing something that we ALL expect during a specific time. We all know she's not a machine, and I think she's in such a better place in life than when she was releasing 5 singles per year, so I'm happy for her.
Closed Thread

Tags
best single collection, hottest asian artist, koda kumi, koddess, kumi koda, live tour 2016, queen of live