TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2019, 08:23 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
For a moment there I thought this was A^3. I am glad she kept the costumes as they are mostly refreshing!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 18th May 2019, 09:33 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
she looks so pretty but the garbage-men jackets still have not grown on me since A^3
Old 19th May 2019, 11:52 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
and I oop-

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th May 2019, 04:40 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

ok we got it yall
Old 19th May 2019, 04:43 PM
Because of You Initiate

Well, just as I thought...

Quote:
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 19th May 2019, 04:46 PM
too late Initiate

Sorry to off the topic, today, the Trouble tour CDL 2018-2019 is aired on WOWOW but I haven't seen any information on AHS, Jpopsuki, Facebook. Do you have any idea ???
Old 19th May 2019, 04:47 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ It aired! Waiting for the file all the time.
There's this periscope recording of TV when it aired
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1mrxmvlmjnDKy?t=2m42s
Old 19th May 2019, 05:06 PM
too late Initiate

Thank you. Jpopsuki uploaded.
Old 19th May 2019, 06:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
Thanks for sharing that - I thought that was interesting.

What you've described however - and that's what *I'm* getting from it, and I could be wrong - is that this sounds like the recipe you need if you wanted to end up with singers who sound *exactly* the same live as they do on their album, and that's *boring*. Celine Dion, for one, is guilty of that, to an extreme
Glad you like my technical explanation, hopefully it wasn't too all over the place. Again I have to stress I'm not an expert, but I am trying to explain as someone who has been studying vocal technique, with several different teachers for almost 8 years now and each one has had a different approach. The approach I am taking now is using the techniques I explained, and I have seen the most consistent progress and result with it. I face(d) some of the same challenges that Ayu has been facing, so I can kind of relate, though at at a less severe level, and my ears have mostly recovered from that temporary damage and now it's about re-training how to use my ears properly again to make relating to the pitches second nature which is more what I was getting at. The interesting thing is that when I was still complaining of not hearing things properly, the teacher said it shouldn't matter as long and you can still hear the pitches and match them, even if you have to focus more and really internalize how the resonances feel, but even then you have to use the music as the reference not your own internal listening. I think that's the best way for Ayu to approach it, based on my experience, because you're using your ear for the intake, not the output, if that makes any sense...and we know Ayu can still hear and match pitch, it's just not consistent, and there can be many factors.

Your take is certainly a valid one, and I can definitely see how you would get that from what I said. Basically, there are two parts to it: memorizing the melody, which as you correctly point out, would eliminate spontaneity (and I do love when Ayu does that, it certainly makes things more interesting and I would rather her do that and go off key than sound robotic, for sure, but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds). The reason why I stressed the memorization and pattern stuff is that Ayu and most singers do rehearsals in order to memorize and ingraine the songs in the way they want to sing them in the show, it can be different from the album version, but it still needs to be ingrained and memorized as a new pattern. The other part is listening to the music and hearing the "reference pitch" which is how you "sound good/on key" in a song. Ayu would not necessarily have to follow the exact melody that she was memorizing, she can harmonize or include something spontaneous, but she would really have to be listing to the music so she can choose a note that would fit in the context i.e. the key. Of course she can include some atonal or passing notes out of key, but it really needs to. be short and passing for it to work. It all depends on context and use if you're straying from key-specific notes. Even if you want to be spontaneous, you still need to relate everything to that reference. If you shoot out in the dark without really listening to the music, you end up with off key notes. Of course it's not always from lack of listening, bad technique, not hearing the music in the monitors enough and a tired overworked instrument can also cause the note to come out too sharp, too flat or straight up the wrong note. You need everything working together, the listening (whether memorizing the pattern AND listening to the live reference or just listening to the reference, but most people do rehearsals for a reason!), the breathing and a properly maintained voice for everything to sound great.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 19th May 2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:02 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
I think don’t look back will survive. Since the 5 big mirrors performance seems
Made for the performance.
Has there been a video of don't look back because now I want to see the mirrors in the performance
Old 19th May 2019, 10:34 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
As someone abroad who can't see those live broadcasts and have to rely on those who record and then post them...it got me thinking.

It's kinda sad that Ayu's label is not putting out those concerts for purchase on disc anymore--I currently own them all and would be more than happy to keep buying them. After I've finally caught up a few years ago with everything she had put out...I'm finding I still have this itch I have to scratch. In other words, Avex, please take my money.

If someone's willing to put up the money to edit these recordings for a one-time rebroadcast - why not put up the money to produce the discs? I can't honestly claim to know how they make the money back when they edit a concert for rebroadcasting back once. Is it even worth it? From my perspective this is where the costly hard work is - so that's already done. Is there really so little return for a physical package that it's not worth taking the final step and putting it on disc, producing a box, marketing and distributing it?

Maybe Avex wants quality rather than quantity and can no longer justify making the elaborate releases they used to have, or promote them as much. Surely they can still put *something* out at a lower cost. Just thinking out loud.
Took the words right out of my mouth! (But put it better than I could!)
Old 19th May 2019, 10:45 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Guys, you should definitely get the WOWOW version of Trouble Countdown 2018-2019. It's super well done. WOWOW did an amazing job with camera work, mixing audio and it's finally of great video quality! I'm having a blast watching it now.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:54 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Just here to say how much I love the WatQ performance. The new castle animations are quite nice and the stage with all the lights makes the performance look so great. I love the bridge where she is being lifted (+ the flags fit the theme), very regal and fitting, imo. TA16's performance was good for being in a Zepp venue but I really think this one is such a big upgrade with the stage, choreography etc.

Also, one can actually hear the crowd singing at times, e.g. XOXO or WatQ's first chorus (after she says "come on" during the wow wow part, one has to listen a bit closer, though, since ayu is singing).

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 19th May 2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:57 PM
Initiate

Quote:
As someone abroad who can't see those live broadcasts and have to rely on those who record and then post them...it got me thinking.

It's kinda sad that Ayu's label is not putting out those concerts for purchase on disc anymore--I currently own them all and would be more than happy to keep buying them. After I've finally caught up a few years ago with everything she had put out...I'm finding I still have this itch I have to scratch. In other words, Avex, please take my money.

If someone's willing to put up the money to edit these recordings for a one-time rebroadcast - why not put up the money to produce the discs? I can't honestly claim to know how they make the money back when they edit a concert for rebroadcasting back once. Is it even worth it? From my perspective this is where the costly hard work is - so that's already done. Is there really so little return for a physical package that it's not worth taking the final step and putting it on disc, producing a box, marketing and distributing it?

Maybe Avex wants quality rather than quantity and can no longer justify making the elaborate releases they used to have, or promote them as much. Surely they can still put *something* out at a lower cost. Just thinking out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth! (But put it better than I could!)
I agree. If Wowow and Avex are already spending the money for them to melodyne/autotune her and to edit the video, why not put them to DVD if they're good enough quality to broadcast? They COuld definitely make money back from creating the packaging and they probably won't do much advertising (have they done much advertising since mid 2000's?) I would definitely buy Power of A^3, I really enjoyed it, even with her vocals not being that great. But it could be the packaging/promotion costs or licensing from Wowow maybe?

Last edited by AJFmzk; 19th May 2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:59 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'll wait for a smaller file because I'm not downloading 21GB lol
Old 20th May 2019, 03:42 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I agree. If Wowow and Avex are already spending the money for them to melodyne/autotune her and to edit the video, why not put them to DVD if they're good enough quality to broadcast? They COuld definitely make money back from creating the packaging and they probably won't do much advertising (have they done much advertising since mid 2000's?) I would definitely buy Power of A^3, I really enjoyed it, even with her vocals not being that great. But it could be the packaging/promotion costs or licensing from Wowow maybe?
I don't think it's profitable enough for them to release it on DVD nowadays... And as all of this concerts seens to share the motif of celebrating her 20th anni, I wouldn't be surprised if they all get released together on a box set.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 20th May 2019, 03:52 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I don't think it's profitable enough for them to release it on DVD nowadays... And as all of this concerts seens to share the motif of celebrating her 20th anni, I wouldn't be surprised if they all get released together on a box set.
netflix show may be more profitable than releasing a DVD

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 20th May 2019, 05:00 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Guys, you should definitely get the WOWOW version of Trouble Countdown 2018-2019. It's super well done. WOWOW did an amazing job with camera work, mixing audio and it's finally of great video quality! I'm having a blast watching it now.
Is someone out there, who downloaded the file from jps?
I would die to get this edited version from WOWOW, but sadly I don’t have a jps account

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 20th May 2019, 05:34 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at a boxset either, and they could be planning that. It's possible that DVD isn't profitable enough these days, but honestly for the prices they charged for TA versions of TROUBLE, I think Avex did just fine (I could be wrong, but bulk factory pricing for producing the units seriously drives down per-piece production costs)
Old 20th May 2019, 06:33 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I really wonder every time why do you think it's not profitable anymore?
If someone like Ai Otsuka is still putting out her conerts on DVD regularly and is not even selling 2k, I don't see why Ayu can't. They're both under avex.
Not being profitable really can't be the reason.
And limited releases through FC or mu-mo are also always possible.
They might be releasing her DVDs for many reasons including:

1) It’s a part of their contact with her
2) avex might not be financing it

Selling 2k copies definitely doesn’t give you your money back.
Even though ayu’s team isn’t sharing their plans, maybe, just maybe they do intend to release them at some point, along with a potential new release or as a box set. ayu might also have a deal with WOWOW and that they might own exclusive rights for a while and in return they handle the production and the broadcasts?

I am still happy that we are getting the recordings.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 20th May 2019 at 07:19 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour, trouble tour 2019-2020