Party Queen / Power of Music / CDL 2011-2012 official covers - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th February 2012, 04:07 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eewyi View Post
I think you guys are missing one big point.
I don't say, that my idea is a right one, but I really like it myself.

When I saw these covers for the first thime, I instantly started to think about gossip magazines. These covers are like one big parody of 'em.

The big colorful fonts are shouting "PARTY QUEEN, AYUMI HAMASAKI" like it was the tittle of the magazine. "13TH ALBUM" like it was some scandalous detail of her life. Then, well, some of these pics do seem kinda unprofessional and casual, like taken in secret. This fits especially well with the Cd Only-cover.

When thinking about this, I began to like these covers even more. Of course it's only little idea of mine and nothing official, but still, I don't see anything too bad in these covers. I think these are clever.
I don't hate the concept, but the execution is just poor. I'd much prefer to see these pics in a photobook like GUILTY - have it come with a "magazine" exposing the life of the "Party Queen" etc...but as the actual CD cover? Nowai.

I don't think anyone object to her taking "sexy pictures", but they were taken poorly. I mean, wtf is all that junk in the background? It's not MY STORY-esque, it's just a mess of crap on the floor. Plus, the rose petals make me think of the Super Manuel book - why would Leslie use the concept again for her album cover? This is how she's representing herself to the public...

We know she DGAF about the media, but the covers could be in much better taste. She can wear lingere and still look alluring - she can be NAKED and look beautiful, but right now, this is a hot mess. A dishevelled wreck of a cover.

LOVEppears, Duty, RAINBOW, MY STORY, even NEXT LEVEL were chokka block full of naked and near-naked poses, but they didn't manage to look this bad. Even with Rule/SPARKLE she looked more fierce than trashy.

Again, I like the concept - she's used similar themes in the abovementioned covers, but this time it's so poorly executed that I hope they're changed last minute or are slipcovers. Someone mentioned that S/S was better than this? I agree with that! xD

Not trying to hate on your comment - I totally see what you're looking at, I just think it could be, well, so much more than kneeling on a bench with your butt against a mirror, or ROTFLing with a shoe or eating a tissue/napkin...Ayu can take way better quality candid-style shoots than this.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 29th February 2012, 04:08 PM
Lelio Protector

If you don't like the photos, tweet to Leslie Kee haha
Old 29th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
I don't hate the concept, but the execution is just poor. I'd much prefer to see these pics in a photobook like GUILTY - have it come with a "magazine" exposing the life of the "Party Queen" etc...but as the actual CD cover? Nowai.

I don't think anyone object to her taking "sexy pictures", but they were taken poorly. I mean, wtf is all that junk in the background? It's not MY STORY-esque, it's just a mess of crap on the floor. Plus, the rose petals make me think of the Super Manuel book - why would Leslie use the concept again for her album cover? This is how she's representing herself to the public...

We know she DGAF about the media, but the covers could be in much better taste. She can wear lingere and still look alluring - she can be NAKED and look beautiful, but right now, this is a hot mess. A dishevelled wreck of a cover.

LOVEppears, Duty, RAINBOW, MY STORY, even NEXT LEVEL were chokka block full of naked and near-naked poses, but they didn't manage to look this bad. Even with Rule/SPARKLE she looked more fierce than trashy.

Again, I like the concept - she's used similar themes in the abovementioned covers, but this time it's so poorly executed that I hope they're changed last minute or are slipcovers. Someone mentioned that S/S was better than this? I agree with that! xD

Not trying to hate on your comment - I totally see what you're looking at, I just think it could be, well, so much more than kneeling on a bench with your butt against a mirror, or ROTFLing with a shoe or eating a tissue/napkin...Ayu can take way better quality candid-style shoots than this.
Will you marry me? You just said everything I wanted to say but couldn't because I'm frozen in some sort of RAGE!!1!!! state.
Old 29th February 2012, 04:11 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
It's not MY STORY-esque, it's just a mess of crap on the floor. Plus, the rose petals make me think of the Super Manuel book - why would Leslie use the concept again for her album cover? This is how she's representing herself to the public...

mte!!!!!

the only reason I see in this cover is that she tries to break her eternal image of AYU VIRGIN GODDESS

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Not my fault some of you guys are sexually boring and have no imagination, going by the "OMG SHE HAS NO CLOTHES ON = TOO TRASHY" mentality. Is this middle school?
IMAGINATION? LOL those covers have zero of imagination, it's pure stereotypical cheap sexyness. I wouldn't call it trashy because of how much she's wearing it's about how it's portrayed: they did a crappy job with set it totally looks like some cheap AV modeling studio, i don't even know where to actually settle my eyes on. Not even mentioning the compossition and design itself IMO and with that leopard print it's like the tackyest part of it all! Let alone those hooker heels & that pose.... it's like... i don't even wanna start explaining that....
forgiveness Initiate

Thanks kendelle for puting it out just like my mind is thinking!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 29th February 2012, 04:12 PM
Initiate

Am I the only one disappointed about ONLY 4 PVS?!?!?
Old 29th February 2012, 04:12 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
AYU--

LOOK AT YOUR LIFE, LOOK AT YOUR CHOICES.
LOOOOOL
Old 29th February 2012, 04:13 PM
Two of us Initiate

Heh I love them. Go ayu~!
A BALLADS Initiate

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Not a fan of these, especially since they're old shots, and well, the design, poses and everything just are really cheap and tacky. It looks like the shots people post on facebook when they're having fun and not really professionally-shot at all. There have been other albums in the past where I didn't like the covers but liked the content, so I'm hoping PQ might be like that. For the first time, I think I'm getting nervous that I really won't like an Ayu album, but I'll wait until the leaks are out to see.

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 29th February 2012, 04:15 PM
Lelio Protector

The DVD's tracklist is not finalized yet as it says
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
Am I the only one disappointed about ONLY 4 PVS?!?!?
+ only 14 tracks

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Oh? I suppose that's some consolation.
~ayu-cake~

These are... Unexplainable.
I'm literally gob smacked....
Old 29th February 2012, 04:18 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
OMG really??? You made my day
Old 29th February 2012, 04:20 PM
poker face Initiate

in ayus official site, there is something abouut an ayupan in cd+dvd version?? can someone translate it please?
Old 29th February 2012, 04:22 PM
Real me Initiate

Ayu, you go girl!
show off your stuff for once.

tumblr

Old 29th February 2012, 04:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Oh woah, they used the New York shoot!
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz Lee View Post
in ayus official site, there is something abouut an ayupan in cd+dvd version?? can someone translate it please?
it's ayupan AR

YOU Initiate

*remain speechless with jaws opened

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2011-2012, party queen, power of music