What do other singers think about Ayu? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 31st December 2008, 04:16 PM
Two of us Initiate

What do other singers think about Ayu?

I am interested in what other japanese singer say/think about Ayu?!
Do they respect their, are they jealous or maybe some of them hate her?
Does anybody know/heard/read something?
Old 31st December 2008, 04:43 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Location: Currently @ Ann Arbor, MI || originally from Hong Kong
Well, DJ Ozma wants to marry Ayu. XDD

I think other artists do have respect for her, especially since she IS the bestselling solo artist in Japan (just behind B'z and Mr. Children overall?). Otherwise I don't really know much about this.

I was saved by the love that I tried to keep away
Set by truehappiness

Twitter || Niall is pretty (tumblr)

Old 31st December 2008, 06:43 PM
Far away Initiate

She used to be 2nd overall but I'm very sure Misuchiru has overtaken her. I don't think the numbers are accurate anymore...gotta check Oricon for that info. What's the whole deal with her and DJ OZMA; do they have a thing going on (not a romantic thing of course)? Overall she's definitely respected by a lot of people...I don't see why she would be the object of any type of hatred. She's not the type of person who really gives a crap what people think about her either. I think she's expressed this in her songs and in her interviews.

I remember people used to say a lot of things about Ayu and Kuu when Kumi started rising into stardom and whatnot. You'd think there was actually something between them. They actually get along quite well, those two. Always sitting next to each other and gossiping on MS. It's the greatest thing I've ever seen lol.
Old 31st December 2008, 07:31 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

i think the ayu vs. kuu thing was started because of ignorant fans on both sides. they are label mates and both amazing performers so people try to say one is better than the other, fake stories about the two fighting, and so on. but like you said jimex whenever they appear on shows together, they site next to each other and talk and giggle.

it is possible to adore both ayu and kuu, i do it!

as for other artists, i am sure she is respected. she has been in the music industry a long time!
Old 31st December 2008, 08:49 PM
Voyage Initiate

i love to watch those 2 giggleing

it cracked me up when DJ OZMA said @a-nation that he wants to marry Ayu xD
Old 31st December 2008, 08:50 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

hahaha yeah, they were sitting and giggling during Music Station whenever DJ OZMA began to perform

but i think being in the music industry for so long, it's certain that ayu would get some respect

oo he did? which a-nation was that?
Old 31st December 2008, 09:27 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy408 View Post
hahaha yeah, they were sitting and giggling during Music Station whenever DJ OZMA began to perform

but i think being in the music industry for so long, it's certain that ayu would get some respect

oo he did? which a-nation was that?
the recent one 2008 ~~ she cracked up too when she heard it~~~
it was cute

Last.fm | twitter
Old 31st December 2008, 09:55 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

oh when did he say it? cause i only downloaded the parts where ayu sang~
Old 31st December 2008, 11:48 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

i think it's probably all of the above.

you can never know how anyone truly feels.

but if it's negative they probably arent going to show it lol

i think the majority of them respect her.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st January 2009, 02:13 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

love at music station when ayu and kuu where chitchatting in the background together.
BoA really respects Ayu because she was very nice and respectful to her during her debut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tYNwrg5fo

Utada Hikaru also respects Ayu and thinks she is "cute" (their rivalry is again completly fabricated by fans/the record companies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6lgSLNBvXc

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 1st January 2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 1st January 2009, 03:31 AM
Far away Initiate

Oh that's awesome; the whole thing with BoA. I have never seen that video so thanks for that. I'm not surprised at Ayu's reaction at all though...it seems like just the thing she would do. Despite all the success she's seen, I don't think it's gotten to her head in terms of treating people with proper respect and not looking down on them.

The whole thing with Hikki really came to light with the "A BEST - Distance" incident back in 2001. I don't think it was something Toshiba EMI took part in though...from what I heard they set the release date for Distance way before A BEST. It was avex that hit upon the Distance release date...whether it was coincidence or not no one really knows. I'm going to say it wasn't because they basically forced Ayu to release this against her will. I've seen that video though...it doesn't really seem like Utada Hikaru knows anything about Ayu at all actually, maybe because she herself is such a significant artist too. Quote: "She writes her own lyrics...I think?" and "She's REALLY cute." Gah, is that like, the only thing she can say about Ayu lol. I guess it just lends more credibility that there's not really anything between them. She's doing her own thing and not really paying attention to anyone else and it's the same with Ayu; I think the situation would be quite contrary if they really were rivals.
Old 1st January 2009, 05:07 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Exactly. Also Utada states "We do different stuff" whch is so true. Two completly different type of singers/songwriters.
Old 1st January 2009, 01:21 PM
Two of us Initiate

Thank you very much for your answers!
I have thought of germany, because here there are some bands and singers who are really hated by some people xD (but I have to say some are really baaad )
Old 1st January 2009, 02:04 PM
GAME Initiate

Most Taiwanese celeb (I think) always wanna copy what Ayu did. I don't hate them but they make me annoyed. Plus, from my observation, Misha Omar(Malaysian celeb) too looks like copying Ayu.

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 1st January 2009, 07:22 PM
End of the World Initiate

TRF girl members, Wada Akiko, and though she is not a singer, Hisamoto Masami really like and support Ayu.
Especially Wada Akiko, who can be seen in this year's Kouhaku really excited when Mirrorcle World was announced, and really cheered her on.
Old 1st January 2009, 07:25 PM
ourselves Initiate

A lot of high profiled musicians and idols come to her lives and concerts as well ..
Old 1st January 2009, 09:12 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
A lot of high profiled musicians and idols come to her lives and concerts as well ..
Yes that's very true. This year I think Taiwanese(?) celebrity Alan Kuo cancelled a show or interview to attend Ayu's concert. Last year many famous celebs went, most notably Jolin Tsai. I don't think she went this year though.
Old 1st January 2009, 11:39 PM
Startin' Protector

^Namie Amuro is also reported to have going to a show or two last year in Ayu's tour. To me that signals that not only does she probably at least respect Ayu, but she also must at least enjoy her music/theatrics. I think it's great when artists support each other...but then again, when you're an artist, you're still gonna wanna just relax and watch your faves too.
Old 2nd January 2009, 01:36 AM
Far away Initiate

Ah Namie too! I do recall hearing something about that, actually. It's quite significant Ayu's noticed and respected by such a fellow big star, who has seen her own days of fame and recognition.
Old 5th January 2009, 06:52 AM
glitter Initiate

have you guys seen that video on youtube of BoA talking about ayu???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tYNwrg5fo

I found it awesomee xDD ayu is such a good person, even that shes a rich b**** sometimes xDDD

about the kuu vs. ayu thing, it annoys mee soo much xDD meeting all this fans from both sides that hate one or another, personally, without thinking that im an ayu fan, I dont like koda, her "cute" pvs seem really fake... but she's got a pretty good voice!! and i love her sexy love songs like Aishou, and I also love TABOO xDDDD but yea...
i met this guy from south america, and hes such an ayufan that he wont listen to any other jpop singer or even western female singer...

i think that closed minded stuff should end.