PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009 A (Information) II - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th January 2009, 01:04 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Exactly. Its liek she only uses lip syncing once and awhile and only for big concerts never for TV promos or anything like that. And when it is lipsung its at least a new recorded version and not the original track.
Old 5th January 2009, 01:11 AM
ayu trance Initiate

AMAZING tracklist. like omfg. i can't believe it. amazing choices!

soooo excited for the dvd release!
Old 5th January 2009, 01:46 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
Lol she's done it several times before. Some confirmed + very suspected:

AT08: (d)Lma, Marionette, my name's WOMEN
A-Nation 08: fairyland, Greatful days
CDL0708: STEP you, evolution
A-Nation 07: until that Day...
AT07: evolution, until that Day... (but until that Day is only lip sync on dvd, so they could have completely changed her vocals)
AT06: Ladies Night
If I may ask, which of these are confirmed lip-sync performances??? And please, the ones YOU confirmed yourself don't count. You seem so PROUD to be the AYU-lipsync Inspector, and that make me sick...
Old 5th January 2009, 02:08 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

People, people, just deal with it: Ayu lip-synched. What's the big deal? She's a human being like the rest of us. Get over it already.

And have you guys seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEz6Vm4U08E

It shows a little bit of Days from the encore and her taking off her glove for the end of the concert. Very nice

Last edited by reixminako; 5th January 2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 02:13 AM
count down Initiate

LOL, unfortunately, I don't exactly agree with your list Melrose. Take it that I've not heard more than 50% of those performances, but whatever.

Lip-sync or not, I'm just grateful and proud of Ayu for putting a 3 hour concert... and singing songs that made me love them (SCAR! POWDER SNOW!)... and besides, every song is with her new vocals... at least she bothered to "record" new versions to lip sync (assuming that she really did)... better than syncing to the studio versions.

In any case, the only 2 performances which I've seen with my own eyes would be:

1) theme of a-nation' 03 in CDL 05-06 (TV version)
2) ANGEL'S SONG in PCDL

Simply because she mouthed the wrong word at that part of the song (and it would be impossible to make that syllable from your mouth at that kind of position... so no "benefits of doubts" here; and also I tried to defend ANGEL'S SONG, as I heard her singing a wrong part... I would try to find the video again and post it here for further clarifications)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtwFj0cT0s

That is the link to the ANGEL'S SONG performance. I suggest watching it in high-quality to get a better view. Okay here are the iffy bits.

1:40 - See how her mouth is actually shaped weirdly? I tried it myself and I can make the "ta" sound, but it's muffled. At that time, the "ta" was very loud and projected... so unless she has power diaphragms or something... it would seem weird.

2:38 - That line is supposed to be "Watashi wa mabataki sae mo oshimu no" but at the 'watashi wa' part, you (I, rather) can hear a 'watashi ni' somewhere. I'm very unsure if it's Peco or Ayu, but Melrose told me both were actually singing 'watashi wa'. So I watched a few more times... and I kind of realized that the 'watashi wa' sounds much lighter and softer than the rest of the song. I don't really think she lip-synced then... since she missed a note (upon more hearings, the 'watashi wa' really sounds like Peco and I don't hear Ayu; maybe she's drowned by Peco's OMGPOWER diaphragms). She most likely ran out of breath and couldn't have enough time to sing the 'wa'. But I could be wrong. *shrugs*

2:47 to 2:48 - This time, the line is "Kimi wa se ni tenshi no hane o motsu". Notice her lips are more in a pout-shape rather than that weird lip shape at 1:40? I honestly do not know what on earth happened at 1:40, but I'm quite sure this line is live.

That could be a technical problem or anything like that. No one knows for sure because most of us are just watching from youtube/downloaded versions which have problems.

What I want to say is, I don't really believe that ANGEL'S SONG is lip synced. My heart really tells me to believe Ayu, and I guess I would because I have watched this performance several times... I believe her. And it's up to you whether you want to think she lip syncs. In my opinion, whether she lip syncs or not, she still has a certain honesty in her music. Though personally, I would feel hurt if she really does lip sync, cos it's just some sort of a... lie that you tell your fans?

"I'm doing a live but I lip sync a song!"... It's like I don't know. I'm a fan... and I really want to see her singing live instead of lip sync... because how do we say this... lip syncing is akin to a runner taking steriods. It's just taboo and not a very glorious act.

But at the end of the day, I would still support Ayu because I would understand, if she really did lip sync. I hope no one feels offended.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Last edited by waterballoon; 5th January 2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 03:02 AM
Liar Initiate

I will try to upload Heartplace tonite. Almost the entire show is on YT now. You can see them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xHeartStation

It took forever and my internet kept crashing all the time x_x STUPID CHARTER!!! Where is my "High Speed Cable"?????? Ok anyway....i bet no one wants WILL uploaded since theres already 2 videos with WILL in it on YT so I probably wont do that one. OH YEAH! I noticed this when I was uploading uh....SURREAL....they labled part of UNITE! as SURREAL so I uploaded it, listened and I thought I made a mistake. But then when SURREAL really started the word SURREAL came on screen again x_x
Old 5th January 2009, 03:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

She lip sung Angel's Song for At 03-04 but it definitely was not the same track used for Memorial address CD. I'll have to listen but she may have used the same rerecorded track for PCDL. Oh and that youtube link of Angel's Song is completly out of sync with the audio (even in high quality)!! i don't think anyone could lip sync that bad!
EDIT: Wait maybe its just her messing up the lyrics again haha at :53. God I think we just need to wait for the DVd, yes the audio may be redone, but honestly these clips, especially youtube, can be poorly synced at times. Sometimes its in sync, sometimes its not.
...Anyways who gives a care if she did or not, we know she can sing live and she din't lip sync the whole concert.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 5th January 2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 03:48 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
What I want to say is, I don't really believe that ANGEL'S SONG is lip synced. My heart really tells me to believe Ayu, and I guess I would because I have watched this performance several times... I believe her. And it's up to you whether you want to think she lip syncs. In my opinion, whether she lip syncs or not, she still has a certain honesty in her music. Though personally, I would feel hurt if she really does lip sync, cos it's just some sort of a... lie that you tell your fans?
She says motsu when she was supposed to say mita. Also, at the second time that motsu comes up, she turns her head away and covers her mouth a bit - it seemed like she still wasn't sure if she was singing the right line and didn't want it out there for everyone to see if she made a second mistake. The slight audio sync error should not be an issue at this part of the video. Especially since I have a fixed audio version of the file and everything in it is perfectly in sync, yet the Angel's Song and Over mistakes are still the same. So for Angel's Song, it's basically the same problem as with Theme of A-Nation at cdl 05-06 and safe to say that it was lip synched. Other songs may be up in the air, but Angel's Song is the only one that you could say is basically confirmed.

I still love Ayu though. Her occasional lip synching is disappointing because I always prefer live vocals even if they might sound bad but there are still enough other things that I appreciate that it doesn't turn me off from being a fan.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 5th January 2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 03:49 AM
Initiate

OMG!!!!!! why in News thread and Chatroom thread, everybody talks about LIP-SYNC
i'm already sick hearing and discussing that!!!
yamette kudasaiiii!!! ==> PLEASE STOP, OK????

ayu lip-sync or not, that's not an information right??
so don't discuss in here, pleaseee.....
Old 5th January 2009, 03:56 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
She says motsu when she was supposed to say mita. Also, at the second time that motsu comes up, she turns her head away and covers her mouth a bit - it seemed like she still wasn't sure if she was singing the right line and didn't want it out there for everyone to see if she made a second mistake. The slight audio sync error should not be an issue at this part of the video. Especially since I have a fixed audio version of the file and everything in it is perfectly in sync, yet the Angel's Song and Over mistakes are still the same. So for Angel's Song, it's basically the same problem as with Theme of A-Nation at cdl 05-06 and safe to say that it was lip synched. Other songs are up in the air, but Angel's Song is the only one that you could say is basically confirmed.

I still love Ayu though. Her occasional lip synching is disappointing because I always prefer live vocals even if they might sound bad but there are still enough other things that I appreciate that it doesn't turn me off from being a fan.
Okay, I guess she did then.

@ Arenia: I'm really sorry. But this is an issue that's related to the singer... it's just like how in a Pokemon forum people complain how the Battle Tower is imbalanced, or how in a Yu-Gi-Oh forum people complain about the dub, or how a Cristiano Ronaldo forum has people discussing about him playing cheats.

It's part and parcel of what this subject does, in this case Ayu. Don't get any of us wrong... I just think it's wrong to blindly love something and ignore every mistake/wrong thing that was made... I, for one, understand why she would do all these things, and I respect her for that.

I'm still very sorry for spoiling your mood.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 5th January 2009, 04:08 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
She says motsu when she was supposed to say mita. Also, at the second time that motsu comes up, she turns her head away and covers her mouth a bit - it seemed like she still wasn't sure if she was singing the right line and didn't want it out there for everyone to see if she made a second mistake. The slight audio sync error should not be an issue at this part of the video. Especially since I have a fixed audio version of the file and everything in it is perfectly in sync, yet the Angel's Song and Over mistakes are still the same. So for Angel's Song, it's basically the same problem as with Theme of A-Nation at cdl 05-06 and safe to say that it was lip synched. Other songs may be up in the air, but Angel's Song is the only one that you could say is basically confirmed.

I really hope I don't bring up another heated discussion (especially with the forum not really working that well) but apart from Angel's Song, which is basically confirmed, and that line in Over, is there any other suspicions even after the audio appears to be in sync?

Overall, I love this concert. Except for the weird fairy costume with the matching bathrobe.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 5th January 2009, 04:13 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
I really hope I don't bring up another heated discussion (especially with the forum not really working that well) but apart from Angel's Song, which is basically confirmed, and that line in Over, is there any other suspicions even after the audio appears to be in sync?

Overall, I love this concert. Except for the weird fairy costume with the matching bathrobe.
I really wouldn't want to say since I basically got raked over the coals in other thread even though I hadn't really said anything wrong to begin with and I definitely don't want to go through that again. If others want to take a shot at it though, go ahead.
Old 5th January 2009, 04:31 AM
TO BE Initiate

anyway ayu seems excited when midoring turn to talk in the encore

so cute when ayu said kawaiii when midoring was talking...haha..
Old 5th January 2009, 04:49 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
Okay, I guess she did then.

@ Arenia: I'm really sorry. But this is an issue that's related to the singer... it's just like how in a Pokemon forum people complain how the Battle Tower is imbalanced, or how in a Yu-Gi-Oh forum people complain about the dub, or how a Cristiano Ronaldo forum has people discussing about him playing cheats.

It's part and parcel of what this subject does, in this case Ayu. Don't get any of us wrong... I just think it's wrong to blindly love something and ignore every mistake/wrong thing that was made... I, for one, understand why she would do all these things, and I respect her for that.

I'm still very sorry for spoiling your mood.
yeah... i know and i understand too
but, this is NEWS topic right?? PCDL Information right???
i don't know the rules in here
but i'm a moderator in ayu's forum in my country
and it's forbbiden for us to talk about our thought in news topic,
because it's not yet confirm by ayu herself, not official
all of you can discuss this in chat room
that's what i meant
sorry for disrupting your discussion
Old 5th January 2009, 05:02 AM
SCAR Initiate

The video is definitely out of sync with the audio, Ayu would not make such an ametuer mistake to mouth the words totally out of time for the entire song.

And she has lip synced in the past IMO, this is not the first time. She did two 3+ hour concerts, give her a break.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:25 AM
Far away Initiate

She did indeed say motsu in ANGEL'S SONG where it should have been mita. But, despite that, what a great setlist!! I'm upset she hasn't sung the songs she sang now a few years ago, when she could still sing as good as she did then.

Especially Over. Thank goodness for that song, it's so beautiful! And SCAR!!
Too bad it had to be so late.

+ yay for SIGNAL

How did the audience respond to a lot of old (+ never performed before) songs?? anyone know?

Last edited by PrincessAyu; 5th January 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
She was singing for a really long time,
So that could explain the vibrato difference~
Like, she sang POWDER SNOW (which probably destroyed her vocal chords at that moment.. ahaha so high)
The HOPE or PAIN, OVER, and Scar, all back to back..
Omg thats so scary to actually think about it~ ahaha.
No breaks in between.
Oh, I didn't think about that.

But then everywhere nowhere has reaaaally smooth vibrato. ><..... Oh well lol.

@waterballoon: I checked it out again, and I hear Ayu singing watashi wyaaaa. I dunno what she's doing, but it sounds like wya instead of wa. xD

Last edited by Melrose; 5th January 2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:38 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It looked like she was in so much pain when she was removing the glove
Old 5th January 2009, 10:57 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
If I may ask, which of these are confirmed lip-sync performances??? And please, the ones YOU confirmed yourself don't count. You seem so PROUD to be the AYU-lipsync Inspector, and that make me sick...
I proved evolution AT07 and CDL0708, they used the same track to lipsynch on in both concerts/tours(except the first part where ayus in the air) somebody said its the track from AT06, but i dont have AT06 evolution, so i cant confirm that, but AT07 and CDL0708 are exactly the same after the first chorus

and recording new versions is just normal, many artist do it, some even say it in interviews(i think morning musume(not sure) once said they were going to studio before a tour to record the playbacktracks) and why would she have to remember new things? its a rerecording of the same song, its just done so it sounds like her current voice and not like 1998-i-catched-a-cold-and-had-it-for-5-years-ayu, also, these studio recordings are live-recordings, recorded in 1 or 2 takes, depending on if they were mistakes in them, recording the files for 2 or 3 songs will take a few hours and it wont cost much money(and ayu probably has a home studio, as well, where she doesnt need to pay anything)

Last edited by noidea; 5th January 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:50 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I really wouldn't want to say since I basically got raked over the coals in other thread even though I hadn't really said anything wrong to begin with and I definitely don't want to go through that again. If others want to take a shot at it though, go ahead.
sorry if I was ever mean to you in the end you were just stating the obvious
even though i strongly want to believe that she didn't lip synced Over you did have a point

Follow me @njanjayrp

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, concert, premium countdown live, setlist