Ayu: Anything Goes [XXIII] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th April 2018, 09:59 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
People complained about the releases, about A Complete, that the tour wasn't big enough, that she didn't appear enough on TV, that the goodies from the releases weren't "10th anniversary worth" and the tour goods too simple, etc.
wtf really?? i started to listen to her on her 10th Anni and didn't spent any time on here.. in my eyes 10th Anniversary is her most glamorous time of all times i was very pleased with 15th Anniversary as well A BEST LIVE might be THE celebration tour of her career that she deserves imo
Old 8th April 2018, 11:23 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'd like to comment on this tour's dissatisfaction among fans or among this forum because I have no intel how it is received in Japan. I also don't have much comparison with other fandoms (just a brief forums browsing) but the way I see it is that Ayu has made a place for this kind of fans that other fandoms wouldn't tolerate with this level of complaining. As somebody in another thread mentioned - they are a bunch of spoiled kids. If Ayu doesn't deliver what they expect/want then we are witnessing the theatre of dramatic sulking. It is true that Ayu made us become accustomed to her delivering big things (ship, elephant and hundreds of other examples of such) and because of that it's not easy to top this but the moment she does something less it's disappointing. I remember people complaining about MIJ tour that there were only stairs, well...they were kind of big and added a lot of grandness to the stage, but that's just an example.
Fact is, we are spoiled, she spoiled us because so often she tried to deliver us the best. Now, many people are hard to please. Another thing is, Ayu is a varied artist, she does rock, pop, electro stuff, ballads of all sorts, come on find me another big pop act who has so many rocky guitar solos during performances. Because of that, it's really a hard job to make every fan happy.
I have also a slightly different perspective due to the fact in my country solo artists practically don't do arenas, such exist but for foreign big acts. It just doesn't pay here. I know it's about different standards, country-wise and standards Ayu has set herself in the course of years but I appreciate the effort which is there. To organize arena concert that is not plain standing and singing requires a lot of work, even if from the perspective of the audience it is something "scaled-down". Sure, she recycled a lot. I even read somebody mentioning, that in some TA post (before the tour) she expressed being unhappy with the tour in its current form. Still, it's a big concert. And honestly, even if she decided to tour halls and do an acoustic concert it's also something we should be grateful for. So reading things like "I won't fly to Japan to that" are very underwhelming. I can understand people's emotions and all but I think people should appreciate the fact she is around and still does things.

Ayu has become a fascinating phenomenon in a way. I was browsing recently her youtube videos and the number of dislikes is overwhelming for me. The Kanariya performance has about 590 likes and 370 dislikes. I was shocked when I saw that. She performed the song for the first time, she did aerial acrobatics with a very nice arrangement and it's so hated. I am using the word "hate" deliberately because I can't imagine 1. clicking the video of an artist I don't like to go through nervous minutes 2. having the thought "god I don't like this person, I will click thumb-down". Like, why? People have such mysterious mindsets. So full of negativity.

Sorry for the long post. I am normally a rather quiet and not outspoken person but felt like adding my drop to the topic.
Old 8th April 2018, 11:53 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

At the and of the day Ayumi Hamasaki is a brand and is selling a product. People have the right to complain, or to simply don't support something they don't like.

When it comes to commercial products, there is no such thing as "spoiling".

I respect Ayu's artistry, but let's not mix apples and oranges.
Old 8th April 2018, 12:06 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I agree in some way. What I am saying is, there is a difference between not supporting and throwing mud and with this I am referring to all open disapproval Ayu gets on the internet in the form of thumbs down, rude comments and such.
Old 8th April 2018, 12:20 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ Uhhhmmm.... yeah, what can I say? Don't let others opinions get to you so much.
In that way, they won't affect you, like they apparantly have affected you now.

Some members have been to her first show, and also state the show was quite underwhelming. That's not good, the setlist doesn't look so bad at all. I don't know whether they expect big laser shows, an elephant, a ship, or whatever big props that invade the whole stage, or just a 'twist' to performances they believed they have seen before. I believe it is the last one: You want to watch something iconic, and at the same time unique, because you are going to this particular show. You want something, that you can't get from watching youtube-videos. It surprises me that some members who went to see her on the 7th, came home (or to their hotelroom) with a feeling of 'meh.' You can say they are spoiled, or that they are frigging negative... but at the same time; if it was you who had those feelings after seeing her, you wouldn't like it either that your review is just bashed as complaining or negative.

Remember that the 'negativity' is just about how the show was perceived (the people who didn't go, are now left with a bitter idea about something we have been looking forward to see and hear about), and not necessairly an attack towards Ayu. Some people are good at expressing themselves dramatically, but they aren't the majoritiy at this forum. I believe even these people are glad Ayu still works hard and delivers. Like I said, the fact she actually sung 'ever free' shows that we still haven't seen the last from her. She is just done with JTB, so... no wonder, that this show might feel uhh... rushed?

You will always have fans who like and who don't like what she does. And you will always have fans who are uhh... really expressive about it. What makes AHS sometimes 'unpleasant' to me, is not the so-called 'negativity' - I can live with that, it doesn't affect me, but how snubby some people are going to act towards others. 'You are just spoiled', 'Are you watching Ayu for the first time then?', 'You have to educate yourself first', 'Read the 1000 posts from the first topic, before you come here and chat with us.'
Just a few examples I put in my own words, I am not quoting someone specific here.
And even if these things really got onto me, I wouldn't be coming back.

You stated you are not an outspoken person. Please, don't see this post like I want to shut you up. Not at all. But I always believe, that whatever people say on this forum, deep down they are fans and are not here to spread hate or negativity.
Or am I totally missing the point?

Old 8th April 2018, 12:30 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Yeah, I agree with you that deep down they are fans and the reason of them being here is showing their interest in her activities. I can relate to all those who are feeling underwhelmed and that's fine, we all have right to our opinions and that's what makes the world beautiful too - differences.
I mostly can't comprehend that other hate Ayu gets, and here I will say that for no particular fan or non-fan reason, on the internet.
Old 8th April 2018, 01:29 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

The negativity for this tour isn't even that surprising. It is kind of sad imo (since I'd love the setlist) but people are hard to please after having all these tours. I remember hearing ABL was underwhelming for many people so yea. I just don't know what some people expect/hope for. I understand they might expect a big show but outfits? They've been changing over tour for a long time now and yes Ayu's rich but she's never been the artist with the most expensive (looking) outfits (she had lots of good ones but also many cheap looking ones). Plus there apparently are some new but 'classic' Ayu outfits. But that I still kinda understand. What I don't understand is the complaint about setlist. I've read some comments wanting songs from every album. I don't know but I don't remember her doing that for 15th either so what did people expect? I do hope that others who go will not be disappointed and yes, they of course are allowed to feel the way they feel and express it.

I just don't know what to believe with the vocals xp Some said she sounded good and was focusing on music and then there's reports like she's shouting etc..

Anyway....

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY AYU

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th April 2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 02:09 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Time to listen to Ayu all day! Happy 20th Anniversary!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 8th April 2018, 02:14 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Happy 20th Anniversary Ayu!
Old 8th April 2018, 02:17 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Wish I could stay at home blasting to Ayu all day but gotta go to work hope I don't miss any important event today, she always has surprises (and if she doesn't it's ok, she's bussy with new tour so I understand) anyway, happy 20th anniversary my dear Ayu! thank you for everything all these years!
Old 8th April 2018, 02:22 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
What makes AHS sometimes 'unpleasant' to me, is not the so-called 'negativity' - I can live with that, it doesn't affect me, but how snubby some people are going to act towards others. 'You are just spoiled', 'Are you watching Ayu for the first time then?', 'You have to educate yourself first', 'Read the 1000 posts from the first topic, before you come here and chat with us.'
Just a few examples I put in my own words, I am not quoting someone specific here.
That one was me and I will repeat it everytime someone come on complaining about how they miss "the old Ayu" and yet complaining about something she has being doing basically since the day 1.

"Oh, I miss her simpler days where concerts focused on music and she wasn't over dramatic?" Like the time when she bleed to death during a performance? Or had a tissue covering the whiole stage turn her into a giant (and ugly :B) butterfly like thing?

Sorry, but that "non dramatic Ayu whose concerts were music focused" never existed. Its the same as people complaining leopart print stuff were "too Party Queen" when that's a signature pattern for her for the last 18 years.

It's ok not liking what Ayu, or whoever else, does. But things get a little ridiculous when the complaints are about stuff that are happening since the very begining. It's like saying Namie was too dance focused on the past 5 years.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th April 2018, 02:35 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
What makes AHS sometimes 'unpleasant' to me, is not the so-called 'negativity' - I can live with that, it doesn't affect me, but how snubby some people are going to act towards others. 'You are just spoiled', 'Are you watching Ayu for the first time then?', 'You have to educate yourself first', 'Read the 1000 posts from the first topic, before you come here and chat with us.'
And that one was me (kinda). Well, I said it cuz it was only like what, 3 or 4 pages to check in the other thread. Not like 10 or 15 or more. That's a different story. I didn't even mean to be "snubby" but just, before I post I read other posts too or at least take a look because it answers many questions usually. And then one doesn't have to ask this and that. Obviously it's okay to ask but why not just check the few pages from before since it's likely to answer lots of questions about the tour. I know you said you weren't quoting anything specific but 1000 posts is exaggerated nevertheless.
Plus, I still answered, cuz it's fine to ask but why not check the few previoud pages if one's interested in the tour?

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th April 2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 03:28 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Kinda surprised AHS didn't make something to give to Ayu, like that book or hands video or so. Oh yeah, Ayu didn't make that photo booth with background made of fans greetings or message stuff. It's from 15th if I correct. That thing might be simple but special and fun, at least for me.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:50 PM
ever free Initiate

Are people seriously shaming other fan's opinions for being disappointed with the tour? It's easy to say that they're ungrateful, spoiled, etc. when you weren't at the concert and didn't spend thousands of dollars to travel to Japan to accomplish your dream of seeing Ayu, and end up seeing almost exactly the same show that you already watched on DVD 7 years ago.

It's been MY DREAM to see Ayu since I was 14 years old in 2006. When I finally got to go to see JtB last year, I was so disappointed after it that I actually cried. You know why? Because Ayu has CREATED these expectations for her live performances over these past 2 decades. I expected a set list with 20-25 songs, including fan favorites, crazy props, and a cohesive storyline/theme for the tour. And we got none of that with JtB.

I had gone to Kuu's W FACE tour a few days prior and actually preferred it because Kuu DELIVERED. The tour had a cohesive theme, a lot of fan favorites, memorable/unique performances, a long setlist, an actual MC, and a good mix of old and new songs. I never would have expected that I'd prefer seeing Kuu live to Ayu but that's what happened.

You can't expect an artist to keep doing HUGE tours with 25+ song setlists, props up the wazoo, awesome song selection, unique performances, etc. and NOT have people disappointed when she clearly doesn't put in as much effort anymore. There was NO explanation to the public for how short or how unprepared these tours clearly were.

Old 8th April 2018, 10:21 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I agree with 100% of your post. Which JtB chapter did you go to??

I think the problem ayu currently has is too much touring but no new material. She had TA tour in 2016, Jtb CDL 2016-2017, Jtb tour 2017 and now PoM 2018 without releasing any new music aside WORDS and We are the Queens, it may be very hard for her to come up with new performances ideas while having no new songs to work with. But not releasing anything for the past 2 years has been HER decision after all.

I think the lack of material is making me more sensitive, the fact that she’s purposely not releasing DVDs and CDs, instead focusing 100% of her energy on touring is even more frustrating when she doesn't deliver in it lol.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 8th April 2018, 11:21 PM
still alone Initiate

We always end up in this place after a major Ayu event happens don't we? People start feeling the need to swoop in and start looking down on everyone else and start lecturing us on how we are terrible for not being "positive", having critical or nuanced opinions, we are just haters so filled with negativity etc. This forum just will not tolerate a fellow fan expressing an opinion that expresses dissatisfaction or as they would say, negative. It's almost every single time. Almost like a battle between positive Ayu fans vs negative Ayu fans. But that doesn't really exist. Everyone has various opinions, it's not black and white.
It's always the "negative" people with the problem, if you notice. Everyone else is sooo perfect. Why don't we all just sit here and mindlessly applaud everything Ayu does and say "yasss queen Ayu!" to everything. How boring! Forums are a place to share different ideas/thoughts/opinions and also get news from the community. What is the point of even being here if you just want to see the same opinions over and over?
I also do not deny that some users on here can be very rude and disrespectful. That is wrong of course and I wish it would stop. I believe that even if you don't like something, you should still be considerate and respectful and I believe that is the main point maxikot is trying to make.
In short, let's not look down on fellow fans because they have a critical opinion. Look down on them for rudeness or being vulgar or disrespecting Ayu. That would at least make sense. I just think the fans that attended the last 2 shows are just feeling strong emotions right now and their posts reflect that. Perhaps that is what is going on?
I don't mean to attack maxikot's post because that is not my intention but when this topic gets brought up it just gets under my skin.
Old 9th April 2018, 02:15 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

A COMPLETE is #49 on iTunes Japan, and the 15th anniversary edition of A BEST is #22 on Finland! queen charting outside Japan while her peers are local only.
Old 9th April 2018, 02:24 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Wait until Utada comes for that! Just kidding, that's pretty cool!

Old 9th April 2018, 02:30 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ she has more music charting in Japan than Ayu though lol she's such a digital force too. and I guess A COMPLETE is discounted hence the good position, but it's always nice to see her music charting digitally!

Last edited by hud; 9th April 2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 9th April 2018, 02:33 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
A COMPLETE is #49 on iTunes Japan, and the 15th anniversary edition of A BEST is #22 on Finland! queen charting outside Japan while her peers are local only.
lol loved this.

I just came home after a loooong and boring day at work to check on her 20th celebration and see if there was something fun to read but there's only drama so yup, I'll pass for today
Closed Thread