If Ayu re-recorded one album... - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 2nd August 2022, 09:54 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

If Ayu re-recorded one album...

...which would it be?

That is, which one would you want it to be? Why and in what way? Perhaps you think it could do with a style update. Perhaps you think its production could be better. Perhaps you'd like to hear the songs with the voice of another era (feel free to approach this fantasy football style).

I'd be keen to see A Song for ×× redone with a more mature voice and production (like, circa Memorial Address era). I don't even know if it'd be better or even good (understand it's not a snub at the album, it's awesome in its own way), but I'd be interested to hear the results. I could also see some new arrangements in there to equally accord with the MA era. I could totally see SIGNAL work in a slightly slower, mid tempo-ish rock arrangement like GAME or About You or something. (Yes, I gave two MY STORY examples to make my MA era point, you catch my drift, I stand by it )
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:09 PM
Depend on you Initiate

oh def ASFXX. she was on the right path with the A Best re-recordings and i kinda wish she had kept going with it and reissued the album with better vocals and production. and to get a bit creative with it she couldve includes Two of us on the reissue as a bonus track!

Old 3rd August 2022, 01:11 PM
Endless sorrow Guardian

Nothing from Nothing

But honestly I don't think I would want anything rerecorded. Her earlier stuff especially carries so much charm that I think would be lost with her more mature vocals etc...

Photobucket
Thanks a lot to xLitax for the great set ^^
I retract my previous statement... Pommy's awesome!
Bulmasman @ AHSforum.com
Old 3rd August 2022, 02:21 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmasman View Post
Nothing from Nothing

But honestly I don't think I would want anything rerecorded. Her earlier stuff especially carries so much charm that I think would be lost with her more mature vocals etc...

Yeah, I agree. I was tempted to say Asfxx, but there's no way she'll be able to keep the original flavour that the original album has. I'm sure the production would be way better and suited for modern listening, but that rawness and innocence that she had as an upcoming singer can never be recreated, that's life.
Old 3rd August 2022, 05:16 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Make no mistake, the question is not 'which album would you like to see re-recorded so that the abomination that is the original can be fired out of a cannon into the sun' but rather for which album you think a re-recorded version would most contribute something to Ayu's discography (for whatever reason).

Nothing from Nothing though
Old 18th September 2022, 12:27 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I think LOVEppears would really benefit from a re-recording. Every song on there still holds up lyric-wise in terms of how she can interpret them in the modern day. With arrangements that are slower, darker, and maybe a with little gothic rock flavor? I think that would be cool.

avatar + signature by Zanmato@Ayu Dynasty
Old 18th September 2022, 12:40 AM
Over Initiate

For me, it'd be RAINBOW. I think the original melodies and production leave a lot of room for experimentation and reinterpretation, and considering her current vocal style, I think a fresh take wouldn't be overly subpar in comparison to the source material. Would love to hear a trancey or housey reproduction of Over or Dolls and maybe a bossa nova take on Close to you.

For as much as A Song for XX has dated production, I wouldn't want it re-recorded; I think she's at a different point in her life now and the emotion wouldn't come out in her vocals in the way it would need to in order to make the lyrics shine like the first time. Though, I think an unplugged reproduction of the record with remastering on her original vocals would be tempting. Or, even a more dated sound that would make the record sound a little more city pop, which I think would fit the original vocals quite nicely.
Old 18th September 2022, 05:40 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Her voice is not at her best now but definitely a improvement from A Song for XX so I'd like to her to re-record these songs

LOVEppears can be an option too

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 18th September 2022, 01:18 PM
Because of You Initiate

all of them, similar to TS doing all her albums... Taylor's version are massively successful.

A song for xx (ayu version)
LOVEppears (ayu version)
Duty (ayu version)

and so on.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 20th September 2022, 03:17 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

RAINBOW!

I feel like her voice was absolutely part of the charm of her earlier work. By RAINBOW, she had adjusted to singing with more vibrato and was a mark of change in her career, with the inclusion of English lyrics.

So an updated, new take on it would be equally as interesting to me. Plus, I feel the songs could handle a deeper register. Plus, it’s probably my favorite album now and I’m biased lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."