[Translation] Last Minute Lyrics - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Lyrics

Notices

Old 28th December 2014, 12:13 AM
æternal Initiate

I interpreted these lyrics differently I guess. The first time I read the lyrics, I thought of Ayu's decreasing fans. Especially on the part when she said as if a part of her body is being torn away.

Ayu once said that her fans will serve as her left ear during those years. she needed them most to continue singing. And one by onr they start to go away.

We may think that Ayu is maybe aware of her decreasing popularity. Perhaps she doesn't mind it either. But who knows, if you may look upon things, its a bit sad after all. She might be over the lime light, but there might be times when she misses those days and this song is an embodiment of that occasional sadness.

Just my opinion though lol

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 28th December 2014, 06:29 PM
Replace Initiate

Ooohhhh. And the fact that this song is called "Last minute" could imply it's a sequel to "count down" too, which was a rock ballad as well... it really lends some validity to your thinking there! I'm wondering if the whole song is just about how hard it is for her to cope with any loss, since it really does seem to jump from perspective to perspective and from story to story the more I look at it.

One of the coolest things about Ayu's lyrics back in the day was that they were often so specific that they were vague, and listeners could take the real-world things she described and apply them to their own experiences and feelings and thoughts, interpreting those specific things in a very different way... I haven't seen a single interpretation on this thread that I would 100% disagree with. These interpretations are actually fascinating to read.

Man, Ayu hasn't had lyrics as good as the ones on this single in a looooonnng time.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 28th December 2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10th January 2015, 11:00 PM
LIMIT Initiate

these are AMAZING! musically, last minute was my automatic favorite off the single (what's better than rock ayu?) but these lyrics...wow, just powerful.

also, i agree with the memorial address comparisons. watching the cdl performance with the ballgown and the pained gestures, it really harkens back to the MA performance..i wonder how they're connected?
Old 21st February 2015, 01:37 AM
LIMIT Initiate

i still can't get over these lyrics..they really pack a punch!
Old 15th April 2015, 06:24 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

Thank you for this translation.
Ayu didn't make lyrics this great since a long time...

Last minute reminds me of old songs too, but more of GUILTY than MA...

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute, lyrics