[review] ARENA TOUR 2006 A ~(miss)understood~ Osaka-Jo Hall [15 April 2006] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Fan Reviews

Notices

Old 21st April 2006, 07:05 AM
BEST Initiate

[review] ARENA TOUR 2006 A ~(miss)understood~ Osaka-Jo Hall [15 April 2006]

I went to Ayu's concert last Saturday (April 15th)and thought I would share a little bit of the experience with you. Since a couple of people have already posted detailed descriptions of the concert plus pictures of her outfits, I'm going to try and offer "new" information!

(1) Ayu wore a different outfit at the concert I went to! Normally, the second outfit she puts on is a short dress made of yellow flowers, but at my concert, she wore a MUCH cooler gold and white corset with fur trim at the top and bottom plus a matching pair of killer boots! I wish I had a picture, but since you are not allowed to take photos in the arena, I have nothing to show. After the concert, photo sets of all the outfits Ayu wore were being sold from those Ayu vans. But the sets came with a pic of the flowery dress that she didn't wear. According to what was told to me, the flowery dress somehow got dirty, so Ayu had to choose a different outfit. In my opinion, the one she wore at the show I went to was WAY better, much more diva-ish!

(2) The MC segment was quite cute. The first question was "How do you sleep at night? On your right side, left side, stomach, etc?" When Yo-chan read the question, he said "I also want to know this!" ^_^; Ayu said that she usually sleeps on her back, but that there is a certain "zone" of her body that she never covers with a blanket. That zone is between her waist and neck. Apparently, if she covers that "zone" she thinks she will have nightmares! Oddly enough, covering herself completely with a blanket, like pulling it over her head, is acceptable. Yo-chan was like "that makes no sense!" and she laughingly agreed. She speculated that perhaps during her childhood, she had a scary dream while sleeping with that "zone" covered, and so came to believe that doing so would always lead to nightmares. Quite a funny story...it made Ayu seem adorable! ^^

The second question was about whether she understood Kansaiben (the Kansai dialect) or not. She said she understood it well enough and sometimes used it while in Osaka. Yo-chan decided to quiz her on certain Kansaiben words. She didn't know a single one, and the crowd would always try to help her by yelling hints. The first word was "jirachi", which means a noisy person. People from the crowd would yell 'Yo-chan is a jirachi!!" and Yo-chan would pretend to get mad, then they'd yell things like "Ayu-chan is not a jirachi!" So Ayu would say, "I'm not a jirachi....but Yo-chan is...what could it be..." The crowd absolutely loved this whole segment. It was hard for me to get some of the jokes because I'm not too good with Kansaiben, but Yo-chan quizzed her on three words and the results were always the same--Ayu didn't know, the audience would try to help, they'd say Yo-chan was the word, etc etc. very cute!

The final question was from a guy asking is Ayu liked yakiniku (like grilled chicken) and if she would come to a yakiniku party he was having. She said she liked it, but then the conversation somehow turned into Ayu and Yo-chan talking about being drunk. Next, Yo-chan showed some photos of Ayu devouring a mountain of salad. Ayu said "actually, I ate two of those..."

(3) I was so jealous of this group of girls that had front row seats. They were very into the whole experience and Ayu even referred to them a couple of times (she said "these girls in the front row are really energetic!") and the cameras showed them up on the big screens. At the very end, Ayu took off her wristbands and tossed them to the girls. The crowd gasped in envy. SOOOO JEALOUS!

(4) After the concert, staff members handed out cards that you could scan with your cellphone to get a special wallpaper plus a message from Ayu. My Japanese friend did it, and she showed me the email Ayu sent out later. Ayu said she had so much fun at the concert, she was able to get over the fact that she wasn't able to do hanami (flower viewing) the other day, and asked everyone to try not to be jirachi (lol). It was very cute.

(5) I was so happy to see so many Ayu fans gathered together. The place was PACKED and everyone was so excited. It was a great feeling. The couple sitting next to me had brought their very young daughter (3? 4?) along with them, and she was always covering her ears because the music was so loud. But after a while, she started dancing along to the music and pointing at Ayu when she appeared on the video screens.

------
[Edited by AHS Staff]
Discussion/Thanks:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43017