[review] ARENA TOUR 2005 A ~MY STORY~ Hiroshima Green Arena [9-10 April 2005] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Fan Reviews

Notices

Old 11th April 2005, 01:40 AM
walking proud Initiate

[review] ARENA TOUR 2005 A ~MY STORY~ Hiroshima Green Arena [9-10 April 2005]

Hi everyone! I just got done seeing Ayu live in Hiroshima on both Saturday and Sunday and wanted to give you my impressions! First off, the set list has changed a bit at the end. I don't think they have filmed the concert for the DVD yet, so this is likely to be the setlist for the DVD.

Kaleidescope
Happy Ending
Inspire
Surreal
UNITE!
Game
My Name's WOMEN
About You
Moments
Walking Proud
Carols
Catcher in the Light
Honey
Evolution
Boys and Girls
~encore~
Step YOU
Humming 7/4
flower garden
Replace

So she has taken out Trauma and added in Step YOU. I was happy to hear Step YOU, but a bit disappointed about no Trauma because I had been practicing in the dance. lol

Step YOU - It was the first time she had performed it and my god that song is catchy. I see it becoming a concert staple like Evolution and Boys and Girls in the future. It has some English lyrics in it. From what I remember - "so wow wow wow wow, so no no no no," "1, 2, Step YOU," and "1, 2, 3, 4 You and Me." There are probabally a few more "yeahs" and "wows" throughout the song too. It was a very cool and rocking pop song and has a section in the middle that almost sounds like Queen's We Will Rock You.

Catcher in the Light - Is performed just by the band and backup singers w/ Ayu's voice being played through the speakers.

Her voice sounded great on both nights - near perfect really. Definitely no lip synching at all. So all those that say she can't sing live or that she lip synchs - shut up.

Someone has already described the stage and some of the special effects of the concert, so I won't really get into that. But one thing I would like to add is the stage has a circular part that goes out into the audience that rises up and rotates - it's the same as the stage used during the Because of You performance at the MTV Awards.

4/9 was a special night on the tour. It was the anniversary of the release of her first single - Poker Face. So during the encore, the band began playing Poker Face and the audience sang it to Ayu and then she was presented with a cake on stage. She looked suprised and got a little teary eyed. It was very nice.

My favorite performances were:

Carols - Her voice was maybe the best in this song and it was very cool how they staged the song.
Step YOU - This performance was just very fun.
Honey - Not my favorite song on the album but the staging and performance of it was very cute.
Evolution - Loved all of the audience interaction.
Boys and Girls - More great audience interaction and this is the one with all of the cool water effects that were described by another poster.

Those were my absolute favorites but the whole concert was great!

I'll try to answer any questions you might have about the concert.

*edited to add About You to the set list.

------
[Edited by AHS Staff]
Discussion/Thanks:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28810