[Rumor] Ayu Rumors: Official Chat Thread V - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th March 2010, 02:46 AM
winding road Initiate

I don't think Ayu's been lazy at ALL with Rock 'n' Roll Circus. I think NEXT LEVEL was an INCREDIBLY half assed and lazy effort, and so was Sunrise/Sunset really. They were soooo bellow her standard, so thrown together at the last minute, it was so obvious.

This time she definitely has been working her ass off, she's got a new spark starting with You were.../BALLAD that's only grown into a forest fire of creativity for R'n'RC

Old 11th March 2010, 02:53 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I think NEXT LEVEL was an INCREDIBLY half assed and lazy effort, and so was Sunrise/Sunset really. They were soooo bellow her standard, so thrown together at the last minute, it was so obvious.
Well, that's what you think. And not what actually happened. -shrug-

There are people who feel that NEXT LEVEL and Sunrise are some of her best work in a while... aren't you kind of offending them by saying things like that? I know that people all have their own opinions about things, but I don't think there's a necessity to shove them in others' faces as though they are the truth, or at least, presenting them as though they are the truth when they aren't. Some people hate I am... and LOVEppears. Does that make them not great or something? It really depends on the way you look at the situation.

All that saying the album/single sounded halfarsed and lazy to you says about you is that you really probably don't know how much work goes into something even though you dislike it. Though really, someone like Heidi Montag probably spent like an hour recording her album, but she doesn't count. I think it's rude to say things like that... it'd be like saying that Ayu didn't spend any time working on AT09, when she did spend hours and hours rehearsing for it. You don't know the first thing about what goes into a show (even a small one!) if you say something like that. -blinks-

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th March 2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11th March 2010, 02:55 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, that's what you think. And not what actually happened. -shrug-

There are people who feel that NEXT LEVEL and Sunrise are some of her best work in a while... aren't you kind of offending them by saying things like that?
I really don't know why people think that, it's not really true. NEXT LEVEL was a good album, but as an Ayu album it wasn't anything amazing. The most memorable tracks were the singles, the album tracks sorta fade away. Sunrise was okay, but it was ruined by it's arrangement and the verses. Sunset I wish didn't exist.... It's my opinion, at the very least. But I'm not blind enough a stan to think that NEXT LEVEL was anything but half assed.

Last edited by GRACE; 11th March 2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11th March 2010, 02:57 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^^ yeah really. i liked Sunrise a lot. its actually stayed stuck in my head
and i think NL was fine. (key words "i think" or "imo")

for me im kinda offended as when peopls say that i feel i have inferior taste. oh well. over it

looking to the future. which is seemign pretty bright ^__~

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 11th March 2010, 03:02 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
All that saying the album/single sounded half assed and lazy to you says about you is that you really probably don't know how much work goes into something even though you dislike it. Though really, someone like Heidi Montag probably spent like an hour recording her album, but she doesn't count. I think it's rude to say things like that... it'd be like saying that Ayu didn't spend any time working on AT09, when she did spend hours and hours rehearsing for it. You don't know the first thing about what goes into a show (even a small one!) if you say something like that. -blinks-
Okay, why are you mentioning **** like Heidi Montag? Seriously, why do you mention irrelevant crap like that when you're trying to defend Ayu? You come across as a ridiculous stan. Based on the work we're seeing for R'n'RC, compared to the amount of work that went into NEXT LEVEL, it's totally obvious that Ayu half assed out an album because avex said "hey Ayu, make an album for the fiscal year" and she said "sure why not, I'm bored"

And I never mentioned the work that went into a tour, don't you DARE put words in my mouth.

Old 11th March 2010, 03:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I really don't know why people think that, it's not really true. NEXT LEVEL was a good album, but as an Ayu album it wasn't anything amazing. The most memorable tracks were the singles, the album tracks sorta fade away. Sunrise was okay, but it was ruined by it's arrangement and the verses. Sunset I wish didn't exist.... It's my opinion, at the very least. But I'm not blind enough a stan to think that NEXT LEVEL was anything but half assed.
I would say that NEXT LEVEL was muddled and scrambled up for an Ayu album, which usually have perfection across the board when it comes to arrangements and etc. but this was already explained by Ayu to be because she was having fun with the album and that there were so many options for her in terms of song choice and arrangement that she just did whatever she felt was nice at the time, or whatever, and it showed.

Quote:
But I'm not blind enough a stan
I would say that the use of the words "blind" and "stan" make me question your opinion outright, because I don't really take anyone who uses those words seriously, especially when someone is talking in a NOT-blind manner. I'm sorry that my opinion doesn't line up with your views of how terrible Sunrise/NEXT LEVEL were, but I feel that it is offensive and rude to people when they are called "blind" or "stans" for standing up for what they believe it. It'd just be as applicable for me to call people who dislike Sunrise/NEXT LEVEL for idiotic reasons like being "rushed/lazy" stupid fans-who-hate-stans. But do you see me actually saying that? No.

Quote:
You come across as a ridiculous stan.
You come across as a bitter person who doesn't know what he's talking about, but that's just me. I don't know what it is, but people who come across others who have conflicting opinions seem to start calling others names when they start running out of material to defend their opinions, as you can see here. I choose not to resort to this child-like name calling when discussing someone like Ayu and would rather simply have some nice conversation about the opposing sides of those who like NEXT LEVEL/Sunrise and those who don't... but, eh. You've cursed about Heidi Montag and called me a stan, which is pretty much already an indicator that this conversation will probably end here, at least with you.

It's a shame really. Though I think that this conversation could continue on if someone else got in on it...

Quote:
for me im kinda offended as when peopls say that i feel i have inferior taste. oh well. over it
It doesn't really affect me all that much, as a lot of the songs that I like are the ones called "recycled" by the majority of the fandom, and it simply just feels like... "everyone's against you" or something. Like for example, Born To Be... and Life are among some of my favorite Ayu songs ever and yet they are slammed by the majority for not being "great" or something... perhaps I have different standards for Ayu, but I feel a connection that extends far beyond what I normally feel with certain songs, and it's like... those are the songs that I love. Born To Be..., ANGEL'S SONG, Life, Beautiful Day... they all have this sort of magical quality that I feel I can't find in other tracks. It's really perplexing that people are so against some of those songs for sounding "boring" or "dated"... but I usually don't let such trivial matters get in the way.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th March 2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11th March 2010, 03:09 AM
WE WISH Initiate

can it stop? can Grace just not be like my little brother in thinking their opinion is superior to others when its obvious that people have different minds and were not clones of Grace. . ."stans" sounds like a term 8 yr olds use. . .

*speaks to self* "why do people think their opinions are facts, jasmine?" "i really dont know. maybe but lets not call them stupid because they will be offended cuz it doesnt match their mindset"

sorry i just dont like seeing random crap in the forums. ive been here liek 2 months and am sick of it.. . goodnight

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 11th March 2010, 03:11 AM
winding road Initiate

I cursed? You mean the word "ass"? I'm not five, I will use the word that I'd use in actual conversation to describe what I mean.

Look, I love Ayu just as much as the next guy. She's my favorite artist, but I don't think she's perfect, and I definitely don't think she's always putting her best forward, particularly in her recording in 2009. I mean, after 10 years of perfection, a little slip up is okay, it's not good and I'm totally allowed to complain about it, but with You were.../BALLAD her spark seemed to have come back, and then she's put SO much work and effort into this album, how it can be anything but perfection is beyond me. But by the sheer fact that she rushed out NEXT LEVEL, when she proved this year if she REALLY wanted to, she could have had that release pushed back, just shows me that there wasn't as much effort as you seem to believe there was in it.

And again, we all know she had a whole other ballad planned out, but then decided against it to record Sunrise~ballad version~ with slightly different lyrics. I dunno, the whole one melody two songs thing has ALWAYS struck me as lazy. When Kuu did it, I thought the same thing.

Old 11th March 2010, 03:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I cursed? You mean the word "ass"? I'm not five, I will use the word that I'd use in actual conversation to describe what I mean.

Look, I love Ayu just as much as the next guy. She's my favorite artist, but I don't think she's perfect, and I definitely don't think she's always putting her best forward, particularly in her recording in 2009. I mean, after 10 years of perfection, a little slip up is okay, it's not good and I'm totally allowed to complain about it, but with You were.../BALLAD her spark seemed to have come back, and then she's put SO much work and effort into this album, how it can be anything but perfection is beyond me. But by the sheer fact that she rushed out NEXT LEVEL, when she proved this year if she REALLY wanted to, she could have had that release pushed back, just shows me that there wasn't as much effort as you seem to believe there was in it
You called Heidi a *****.

She's not perfect. But I feel that making up excuses about NEXT LEVEL being "rushed" = "terrible" is one of the worst reasons for a release being "bad". It's like... people thought Secret was incredibly rushed and that was why it sucked for many of them. However, look at Secret now. It's on the top of many people's favorite album lists and no one really cares about how much time that it took for her to finish it because they love the album.

Something so trivial as the amount of time spent on an album should not influence the opinion that you have towards the album unless somehow it's audibly apparent that the record was rushed, when in Ayu's case, I think that her so-called rushed works sometimes turn out better than artists who spend years on an album...

Call me blind if you want, but based on what I have seen, I'd rather be blind than be like the bitter people who are supposedly able to "see" the truth about Ayu.

Quote:
And again, we all know she had a whole other ballad planned out, but then decided against it to record Sunrise~ballad version~ with slightly different lyrics. I dunno, the whole one melody two songs thing has ALWAYS struck me as lazy. When Kuu did it, I thought the same thing.
The other ballad was probably terrible and would've been a disaster.

The one melody/two songs thing is weird, but for this case, it is like a sister-song/question-answer dealio where the first song and second song are like lovers talking to one another a la LOVE FOREVER/FOREVER LOVE, Koko ni iru yo/Soba ni iru ne, among others. Unlike some other artists who do this, it is completely different due to the differing natures [ballad/upbeat] of the tracks. I feel as though they are both very good standalone tracks and both deserve their places in the album. It's as though she did her own sort of answer song thing, and unlike the artists who collaborate, she cannot simple put one on the album, and save the other for another album.

I feel as though some people mistake friendly conversation as though there's some sort of hidden agenda behind someone's words sometimes... or maybe that's just me.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th March 2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11th March 2010, 03:31 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
You called Heidi a *****.

She's not perfect. But I feel that making up excuses about NEXT LEVEL being "rushed" = "terrible" is one of the worst reasons for a release being "bad". It's like... people thought Secret was incredibly rushed and that was why it sucked for many of them. However, look at Secret now. It's on the top of many people's favorite album lists and no one really cares about how much time that it took for her to finish it because they love the album.

Something so trivial as the amount of time spent on an album should not influence the opinion that you have towards the album unless somehow it's audibly apparent that the record was rushed, when in Ayu's case, I think that her so-called rushed works sometimes turn out better than artists who spend years on an album...

Call me blind if you want, but based on what I have seen, I'd rather be blind than be like the bitter people who are supposedly able to "see" the truth about Ayu.

The other ballad was probably terrible and would've been a disaster.

The one melody/two songs thing is weird, but for this case, it is like a sister-song/question-answer dealio where the first song and second song are like lovers talking to one another a la LOVE FOREVER/FOREVER LOVE, Koko ni iru yo/Soba ni iru ne, among others. Unlike some other artists who do this, it is completely different due to the differing natures [ballad/upbeat] of the tracks. I feel as though they are both very good standalone tracks and both deserve their places in the album. It's as though she did her own sort of answer song thing, and unlike the artists who collaborate, she cannot simple put one on the album, and save the other for another album.
or it could have been wonderful and her best ballad in years. We'll never know, we'll never know for sure. We sure as hell can't trust Ayu's taste, she DID look at the S/S covers and say "Yeah okay that's good"...

Question/Answer songs done by two artists are actually usually very good, and a very unique idea. One artist writing their own question and answer is stupid, and comes across as lazy ESPECIALLY if it's done at the exact same time. In the case of POWDER SNOW and PSII, they were a year apart, and thus came across as a clever view of growth over a year's time. If she'd released Sunrise say, last year, and then released Sunset a year later or longer later, the reaction may have been better, at least from me.

I think I'm done arguing my case for NEXT LEVEL. I'm obviously not doing anything not proving any point and I'm too tired to really care about it anymore.

Old 11th March 2010, 03:47 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
One artist writing their own question and answer is stupid, and comes across as lazy ESPECIALLY if it's done at the exact same time. In the case of POWDER SNOW and PSII, they were a year apart, and thus came across as a clever view of growth over a year's time. If she'd released Sunrise say, last year, and then released Sunset a year later or longer later, the reaction may have been better, at least from me.
They're more like sister tracks imo. It's like how FRIEND and FRIEND II were on ASFXX. I don't see what's so wrong with it. I doubt reaction would've changed. I think the reaction would've actually been worse.

"She recycled THAT? Talk about a lazy artist! Ayu is really running out of ideas, etc."

Quote:
We sure as hell can't trust Ayu's taste, she DID look at the S/S covers and say "Yeah okay that's good"...
Can't trust Ayu's taste? Wow, uh, way to completely diss Ayu and make yourself appear to have NO credibility whatsoever.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th March 2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:30 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

2ch brought up some random stuff involving a "new single" for summer / "new songs"...

A Song For You, Suspense Night With Me (supposed to be My?) Love, and Destiny. With the first two being "uptempo tracks with low melodies" or something. I guess some of these are supposed to be album tracks but... I don't really know what they're going on about, haha. These are all reportedly new songs but only A Song For You / Suspense Night With Me Love are to be in a "single" haha.

Sooooooooooooooooo fake.

I just looked it up and it's an old single rumor for 2008 that had a drama attached to it, haha.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...US355&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by truehappiness; 14th March 2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:26 AM
teens Initiate

@ the fake 2ch summer songs: lol at those song titles.
Old 14th March 2010, 04:35 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Suspense Night for "Me" Love
Just hilarious
Old 14th March 2010, 07:21 PM
ayu trance Initiate

A Song for you would be the cheapest title ever for an Ayu song O_O Aren't they bored to create fake tracklists ? lol
Old 14th March 2010, 07:45 PM
still alone Initiate

^i know right.
Old 14th March 2010, 09:45 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
A Song for you would be the cheapest title ever for an Ayu song O_O Aren't they bored to create fake tracklists ? lol
A Song for xx is something she'd done already, so A Song for you isn't even plausible XD

Old 14th March 2010, 09:55 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
A Song for you isn't even plausible XD
It's possible.

She's done A song is born and A Song for XX along with rainy day / Beautiful Day / Days...

Anything is possible when it comes to Ayu imo.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:07 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
It's possible.

She's done A song is born and A Song for XX along with rainy day / Beautiful Day / Days...

Anything is possible when it comes to Ayu imo.
not ANYTHING... if she names a song Grilled cheese then yeah... lol
but seriously, they need fresh ideas.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:09 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She could have a song called Grilled Cheese or Tea Time...

You never know! I'd say that to put limits on Ayu titles = blaaah because then you are totally thrown off by titles like Load of the SHUGYO...
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, b'z, chat, collaboration, rumors