Analysis/interpretation of Mirrorcle World PV - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 21st March 2008, 04:56 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

PV starts to get more understandable after reading your analysis..

Old 21st March 2008, 05:26 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
The last screenshots reveal the car's number plate.

13 CRY MIR.

Interesting.
In 2013, the Earth will be crying. :O
Old 21st March 2008, 05:40 PM
Trauma Initiate

i always think only ayu will know the meaning behind the pvs. soo..
Old 21st March 2008, 07:06 PM
monochrome Initiate

firstly, get your eyes tested....the number plate on the car is not "31 CRY MIR"

In the sequence where it drives directly away (just after ayu gets in) you can clearly see the number:

"13 CRY 91"

and love appears, you missed my point. I never said you shouldn't interpret teh pvs, I do so myself, there are loads of meanings to be found. when I said "taking it too far" I was talking abou this insistence that ayu is talking about a singularity. where as I can see that whilst she is talkign abou ttechnology, it is a more general comment on technological progress, and not specifically regarding a singularity. (whihc i bet is a concept she's never heard of, and even if she has, still doesn't mean, and there is no reason why it would mean, that she is talking about the singularity in this pv.)

and just cos the line says

"did you imagine such a future", doesn't mean she's showing us a representation of the future. it could quite easily mean, and much more likely does, that many years ago (or whenever) did they imagine then that the future (meaning now) would be like this.

I still you are reading too much in to this future/technology theme. i'm not saying there's no meaning there, quite the opposite, I'm just saying the meaning that is there is not as extreme as you think.

Old 21st March 2008, 09:58 PM
from your letter Initiate

Great interpretation. I really love the song and pv *o*

But did someone notice that around 1.25 in the video Ayu suddenly wears different shoes than b4?
I wonder if this has a meaning....
But I may still have some secret sides
You have never seen
Which no one in the world knows
Old 22nd March 2008, 05:21 AM
meaning of Love Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_the_d View Post
and love appears, you missed my point. I never said you shouldn't interpret teh pvs, I do so myself, there are loads of meanings to be found. when I said "taking it too far" I was talking abou this insistence that ayu is talking about a singularity. where as I can see that whilst she is talkign abou ttechnology, it is a more general comment on technological progress, and not specifically regarding a singularity. (whihc i bet is a concept she's never heard of, and even if she has, still doesn't mean, and there is no reason why it would mean, that she is talking about the singularity in this pv.)

and just cos the line says

"did you imagine such a future", doesn't mean she's showing us a representation of the future. it could quite easily mean, and much more likely does, that many years ago (or whenever) did they imagine then that the future (meaning now) would be like this.

I still you are reading too much in to this future/technology theme. i'm not saying there's no meaning there, quite the opposite, I'm just saying the meaning that is there is not as extreme as you think.
And when was there any insistence that this was real or official? 'Cause if there was, I missed it.
Idealist simply posted his interpretation to the thoughts thread. Nowhere did he claim it was the actual meaning of the video. Since everyone seemed to respond to it well, other initiates decided to edit it into the first post of that thread and decided to create this one. So, he has done nothing to take anything too far. He never forced this onto anyone, it was reposted because a lot of people said it helped them enjoy the video. It's just someone's personal in-depth look at something they wanted to share, no insistences anywhere whatsoever.

I can also see what you're getting at jon, and that's fine. You're absolutely free to post your own interpretation and I'm sure others would agree with you as well.

Last edited by Love Appears; 22nd March 2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 22nd March 2008, 05:32 AM
Rule Protector

^Yea, it's technically impossible to have a wrong interpretation. Idealist's analysis isn't just random thoughts either, it's very well backed up by use of lyrics and visual elements from the PV (I sound like my teacher)
Old 22nd March 2008, 05:48 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Great analysis, but I still think the PV fails at showing whatever it's supposed to show.
Old 22nd March 2008, 06:19 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

whoa.....just whoa. !!!

That was incredible. Great job!! I'm really starting to love the PV now and that definitely helped!
Old 22nd March 2008, 06:25 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Thank you for putting this in it's own thread, it definitely deserves it. Once again, great job Idealist!

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:21 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

wow, i think someone has a bit TOO much time on their hands. it's a PV (a crappy one at that), not a oscar winning movie.

btw guys. i THINK, and idk if i'm sure here, and someone correct me, BUT SHE IS JUST RUNNING AROUND FRANCE.

Last edited by Glamorous_Sky; 22nd March 2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:01 AM
Heartplace Initiate

very deep, detailed, awesome interpretations!!!
thanks alots!! it made me understand more about the PV and
the messages that Ayu wants to convey!

♥♥ Kamenashi Kazuya ♥♥

♪♪♪ Music is my life ♪♪♪

Old 22nd March 2008, 09:21 AM
until that Day… Initiate

hmmm.. though i thought that Idealist's interpretation of the PV is very well done.. but i somehow not really sure that ayu really HAS the idea of talking about technology and such.. singularity and such..in her lyrics.. about the human's future yes, but not specifically about technology that may come to human's future..

after reading the translation of the lyric for couple of time.. i kinda think that Mirrorcle World is just simply about herself, about her artist life.
Old 22nd March 2008, 10:35 AM
Initiate

wow.. you did well in analysing the pv, Idealist!
Enjoyed what I read. hahaz.

I know Ayu's pvs certainly have deep meaning to it. but somehow I just can't seem to think what is it about and made them link together.

What you done is great. It flows well like a story. =)

Namie-Fans.net
Old 22nd March 2008, 10:39 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

OMG! WOAH!OçO Thanks for the great analysis!*_* Now it's all clear!*O*

Old 22nd March 2008, 11:10 AM
monochrome Initiate

love appears. omg, please, you have to understand what I mean when I say "too far".

maybe americans don't use it in this way, maybe english isn't your native language, maybe you're not very old or well read. I don't know. but for you to continually misconstrue and misunderstand what I mean when I say "too far" is getting incredibly frustrating.

I don't think I can expain any more than my attempt earlier. just know, I am not being critical, or agressive, or rude, or anything negative. you don't need to defend him, there was no attack.

@ idealist; i do like your interpretation, and I do respect it. just not sure I can agree with it totally just yet. I need to have another look at the lyrics etc. (not much time til now). I know my opinion is irrelevent, but I'm sure you'd enjoy some friendly discussion?

Old 22nd March 2008, 02:23 PM
meaning of Love Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_the_d View Post
love appears. omg, please, you have to understand what I mean when I say "too far".
maybe americans don't use it in this way, maybe english isn't your native language, maybe you're not very old or well read. I don't know. but for you to continually misconstrue and misunderstand what I mean when I say "too far" is getting incredibly frustrating.
Okay. *deep breath*
I really do not want to start a feud here. But...

It is fair enough if I took your "too far" statement too seriously. You seemed to react as if his analysis were somehow a bad thing, and I disagreed. I can admit there may be a bias here, because Idealist is my boyfriend. So I apologize if I did overreact. His post may have been extensive but I'm of the belief that there shouldn't be any boundaries when it comes to interpretation of any form of art, which is what this is.

Quote:
I don't think I can expain any more than my attempt earlier. just know, I am not being critical, or agressive, or rude, or anything negative. you don't need to defend him, there was no attack.
Perhaps you don't realize this from your own perspective, but you have been rather insulting and impolite in this thread. Telling someone to "get their eyes tested" for one, isn't rude? Implying that I'm not "old", or well-read, or that english isn't my first language? What? I'm sorry but it is quite rude to assume and say those things based on what I've posted in this thread.

I really don't want hostility here. Opinions are opinions... and misunderstandings happen. And again you may not realize you're doing it, but please try not to throw around insults in the process of trying to explain yourself. I respect your opinion, I'm sorry if I misunderstood, there is no need for this.

Last edited by Love Appears; 22nd March 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 22nd March 2008, 02:36 PM
Voyage Initiate

the song sounded great and i think the pv ruined it completely...

as long as the song is good, the pv doesn't really matters imo...

and ppl here loved to misunderstood/misinterpret other ppl's comments/opinions ...*sigh*

Last edited by UHPlus; 22nd March 2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 22nd March 2008, 03:20 PM
count down Initiate

Fantastic analysis, Idealist! I really love how deep everything is. It doesn't even matter if it's true or not...if Ayu were to read this, she would be glad that her PV could carry such a message...
Old 22nd March 2008, 03:48 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHPlus View Post
and ppl here loved to misunderstood/misinterpret other ppl's comments/opinions ...*sigh*
i know its offtopic but are u referring to those past situations when people got angry at what you wrote?

Tags
analysis, idealist, mirrorcle world