[Info] "humming 7/4" PV and MY STORY tracklist from ayu.livedoor.biz - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th November 2004, 05:15 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX Ayu
Greatful Days vs Grateful...

If she is going to use English titles still, she should at least make titles that actually mean something? Not like "My name is women"? I mean come on, what kind of title is that?
A good one

set by truehappiness.
myspace

Old 28th November 2004, 05:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extepan
i am a bit late in the discussion already, but why use 'gay'.....no one ever says 'omg that song title is so straight', right???? why pick on gays? it is definitely wrong.
People need to stop getting offended. It's not like we're out to pounce on you and make your lives miserable. Lord...
Old 28th November 2004, 07:21 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleCookies
People need to stop getting offended. It's not like we're out to pounce on you and make your lives miserable. Lord...
Why use it as a negative connotation at all though? Especially since the word has nothing to do with negativity anyway?

It is very junior high school for anyone to be calling things "gay" nowadays.
Old 28th November 2004, 07:26 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

It's ok guys, let's just forget about that and not use the word gay like that anymore. Now let's stop making things going off topic and get back on track.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 28th November 2004, 07:31 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa
Ayu's time signatures are constantly changing in her songs. "Surreal" is a perfect example.
I don't think it is. I whipped out my conducting skills (yay for band in high school!) and conducted Surreal in 4/4 time throughout the ENTIRE song. The tempo didn't change either.
Old 28th November 2004, 08:41 AM
Initiate

Lmao still arguin about the chessy titles? :p humming...lol -hummits e_e...lmao...
Anyway...I still don't know why shes always calling her songs with english titles and the lyrics[at least translated?¿] don't have any relation...hmmm this can mean humming is like..."OH RAINY DAY, LALALALA, LET TEH RAIN FALL DOWN XO..." -cough k...e_e...hmmm xD...humming "NOW IM GETTING A COLD, OH RAIN, DEAR PLEASE LET IT FALL TO...XD wash me?..." ok....i better stop eating sugar at 0:00 XD

Old 28th November 2004, 08:46 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX Ayu
Greatful Days vs Grateful...

If she is going to use English titles still, she should at least make titles that actually mean something? Not like "My name is women"? I mean come on, what kind of title is that?
A thought provoking one, it's poetic, not tbe taken literally. Languages are meant to be played with, just look at all the great literature classics from around the world and you will see plenty of good examples of world plays and meaning twisting here and there, not to mention new nouns and verbs are being invented.
Old 28th November 2004, 08:49 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let-Go
Lmao still arguin about the chessy titles? :p humming...lol -hummits e_e...lmao...
Anyway...I still don't know why shes always calling her songs with english titles and the lyrics[at least translated?¿] don't have any relation...hmmm this can mean humming is like..."OH RAINY DAY, LALALALA, LET TEH RAIN FALL DOWN XO..." -cough k...e_e...hmmm xD...humming "NOW IM GETTING A COLD, OH RAIN, DEAR PLEASE LET IT FALL TO...XD wash me?..." ok....i better stop eating sugar at 0:00 XD
Songs like all things will lost meanings and feel once translated, no matter how great that translation is. And you have to take the yrics in its writer's own context.

And I wonder if it wasn't a Japanese doing the word playing with song title will it bother people as much.
Old 28th November 2004, 08:55 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Not to mention the fact when you interpret ayu's lyrics you can actually find a strong bind between the title of the song and the lyrics.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 28th November 2004, 09:21 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Yeah I agree with you, the title usually strongly relates to the point of the song. I mean, look at No Way to Say, Evolution, I Am, and songs like that. Some of the meanings for the titles require some thought, but I can usually tell why a given song is named what it is.
I actually think that Greatful Days is a good title for the song, it makes sense just by looking at the PV for it. I think My Name's Women is a pretty good title, and I can see some kind of meaning in it.
Old 28th November 2004, 11:30 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Let's just face it, a native English speaker would not have come up with alot of Ayu's Engrish titles, like, 'My name's WOMEN' or 'appears' or 'WE WISH'. They were obviously (poorly) translated straight from Japanese.
How do I know this? Well, in Japanese, like most Asian languages, in most cases there's no difference between singular and plural so you use the same word for both 'woman' and 'women'. My theory is that Ayu probably thought she wanted the title to represent all of women but that went in conflict with 'My' which should've been 'Our', for it to make sense.
Old 28th November 2004, 12:48 PM
Depend on you Initiate

9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS

It's very unlike to place 3 ballads in a row, especially for ayu. Cmon' this wolud be so boring, so i guess the tracklist is fake
Old 28th November 2004, 01:03 PM
MY STORY Classical Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacper87
9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS

It's very unlike to place 3 ballads in a row, especially for ayu. Cmon' this wolud be so boring, so i guess the tracklist is fake
Duty
09. SEASONS
10. teddy bear
11. Key~eternal tie ver.~

I am...
12. A song is born
13. Dearest
14. no more words

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 28th November 2004, 02:33 PM
TO BE Initiate

17 days

Music all my Life - Faye Wong, Ayumi Hamasaki, Endy Chow
Old 28th November 2004, 02:56 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
Let's just face it, a native English speaker would not have come up with alot of Ayu's Engrish titles, like, 'My name's WOMEN' or 'appears' or 'WE WISH'. They were obviously (poorly) translated straight from Japanese.
How do I know this? Well, in Japanese, like most Asian languages, in most cases there's no difference between singular and plural so you use the same word for both 'woman' and 'women'. My theory is that Ayu probably thought she wanted the title to represent all of women but that went in conflict with 'My' which should've been 'Our', for it to make sense.
I strongly sidagree! I am sure the title was meant to be "my name's WOMEN". It DOES make sense and, hello people, IT IS GRAMATICALLY correct!

If Uou would have a pet and name it "WOMEN" and the pet could talk, woouldn't it say: "my name's WOMEN"? So, GRAMATICALLY, it IS ok...

And the meaning of the title is a different story...
Old 28th November 2004, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacper87
9.Moments
10.walking proud
11.CAROLS

Moments is a little fast.
walking proud could surprise everyone and become a fast song.
CAROLS is a slow ballad...

I love CAROLS and Moments so it wouldn't bore me...
Old 28th November 2004, 02:59 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
What's wrong with appears and WE WISH? The lyrics coincide with both titles, and it's not blatantly wrong. It's not like it's "apeers" and "WE WISHING".

As for my name's WOMEN, I've got to wait to see the lyrics before I start making any comments on the title. I still think it's still promising not to be completely randomly messed up English.

And at least it's just the titles we're dealing with. While Ayu's English is a bit "off" at times, to say the least, at least it isn't like BoA's English at times. English version of Every Heart = AH!

ここにある笑顔が教えてくれたよ
僕達は今最も永遠に近い場所にいる
Old 28th November 2004, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiso
I strongly sidagree! I am sure the title was meant to be "my name's WOMEN". It DOES make sense and, hello people, IT IS GRAMATICALLY correct!

If Uou would have a pet and name it "WOMEN" and the pet could talk, woouldn't it say: "my name's WOMEN"? So, GRAMATICALLY, it IS ok...

And the meaning of the title is a different story...
Yeah..maybe it could be something like she is trying to represent all women, or she's going to have lyrics similar to Real Me (Hopefully w/o Engrish) or at least the same idea.

Or she is personifying women, like saying my name is WOMEN and then she talks about herself, being WOMEN...I dunno, that'd make sense...

*can't wait until the CD is out so everyone will just shut up & quit arguing*

Was everyone this bad before RAINBOW and Memorial address were out? I guess not since Ayu has never made her fans wait 2 years for an original album...

Last edited by BanFan; 28th November 2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 28th November 2004, 03:06 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanFan
Moments is a little fast.
walking proud could surprise everyone and become a fast song.
CAROLS is a slow ballad...

I love CAROLS and Moments so it wouldn't bore me...
I would love it if walking proud became a fast song! I like songs that fake you out like that. Like...SURREAL, kind of. It's slower at the beginning until it pops at the end. Utada's Kremlin Dusk also--ballad at the beginning and then it blares out rock at the end. That would be quite nice.

ここにある笑顔が教えてくれたよ
僕達は今最も永遠に近い場所にいる
Old 28th November 2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

The intro track on aiko's newest album, Netsu, does that too, it's really cool when songs do that!

Free & Easy sort of does it too...

Last edited by BanFan; 28th November 2004 at 05:06 PM.