The Official Girls Aloud Thread - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th November 2007, 12:53 PM
Daybreak Initiate

The PJ review is so stupid, Tangled up is not better than Blakout and definitely absolutely no where near as good as X... it's just ok like Austin said... after listening to the whole album I can easily say i'm not going to listen to it again, the only song i'll be playing again is Fling and i'm already tiring of it.

Old 17th November 2007, 04:16 PM
STEP you Protector

Sexy! No No No and Call the Shots were incredible, but on my first listen the rest of Tangled Up isn't as catchy as those songs. I need to spend more time listening to it before I can really make up my mind about its quality, but my first impression is that it didn't live up to my high expectations.
Old 17th November 2007, 06:36 PM
Voyage Initiate

OMG. The things I'm reading in this thread are very unencouraging. I don't know what I'd do if a Britney Spears album would be better than a Girls Aloud one. :|
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:12 AM
P.S II Initiate

someone should open a 'what is your favorite girl aloud?' poll!
i would definitely vote for sarah
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:45 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardation View Post
someone should open a 'what is your favorite girl aloud?' poll!
i would definitely vote for sarah
Nadine all the way for me

As for Tangled Up, I think it's without a doubt more entertaining throughout than Blackout. Unlike Blackout, it has not a single poor song. Blackout has about 3 or 4. And it's most certainly better than X, which is one of the most disappointing albums all year for me. I expected another Fever and got a bunch of tracks with not a single standout. Tangled Up has quite a few great album tracks (Control of the Knife, Fling, Damn, etc.) and both singles were wonderful. Tangled Up FTW

Old 4th December 2007, 08:43 AM
STEP you Protector

I'm starting to like Tangled Up more now that I've had time to really listen to it.

It made #4 on the UK album chart. I wish it had been higher, but Chemistry only got to #11 so it's still improvement.
Old 7th December 2007, 03:20 PM
Because of You Initiate

I've been listening to Tangled Up at least twice a day now and I'm absolutely in love with it. My comment before stands. It's unfortunate they don't sell it here in the US, but either way I ended up buying it on eBay, with Mixed Up, the Limited Edition Remix CD, for $33.48 (with shipping included). It was definitely the best value of all the Tangled Up auctions I could find. Plus, I had to stay up until now to make sure I won it (it's now 5:20 AM in Honolulu, AHHH!). It was worth it though and I'm so happy

Old 7th December 2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

Girl Overboard = The Weslicious song of 2007 ... No doubt about it!
Old 8th December 2007, 08:37 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weslicious View Post
Girl Overboard = The Weslicious song of 2007 ... No doubt about it!
Girl Overboard is without a doubt my favorite album track after Control of the Knife, but they're so close that sometimes I'm not sure which one I like better.

And I was just watching the Call the Shots video, and I noticed it the first time I watched it as well, but Sarah seriously looks like an anorexic dog, especially when she's being sketchy and watching her boyfriend take a shower. Nadine definitely wins in the video though with the whole burning up her ex's photos and giving fierce looks to the camera. I find it funny how in the videos she's always so sexy and strong and then you see her give interviews and she so hilarious and goofy. Well, that's why she's my favorite

Old 8th December 2007, 02:10 PM
austin. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyria View Post
It made #4 on the UK album chart. I wish it had been higher, but Chemistry only got to #11 so it's still improvement.
#4?! I was expecting #16 or something! Eh, "Tangled Up" is growing on me. It's pretty good now, not just okay. Oh, and I finally don't think "Call The Shots" and the most boring song by GA ever! It's really good. "Girl Overboard" should = 4th single.
Old 8th December 2007, 02:13 PM
KaoriNeko

I wanna hear the album! Where's everyone listening to it at?
Old 8th December 2007, 06:12 PM
STEP you Protector

Movie cameo:

Quote:
In April 2007, Girls Aloud filmed a cameo appearance in the new St. Trinian's movie, playing the St. Trinian's School Band. The film is scheduled to be released in the UK on December 21, 2007, with Girls Aloud providing two songs for the movie
Just heard the songs, my first impression is pretty positive.
Old 9th December 2007, 06:47 AM
Because of You Initiate

^Two new songs? I heard about the film but didn't know they were providing songs for it. I can't wait to hear them

And has anyone watched "Ghosthunting With Girls Aloud"? I just watched all 11 parts on Youtube (I can provide the links if anyone wants them) and it was the most entertaining thing I've seen in awhile. It basically ended up making me like Cheryl more than I already do and hating Nicola even more, who I've never liked to begin with.

Old 9th December 2007, 12:41 PM
STEP you Protector

I've uploaded the new songs in Asian Media Downloads.

Call the Shots was #3 on the UK singles chart, which is good. But it's such a great song, I wish it had been #1.
Old 9th December 2007, 12:57 PM
Voyage Initiate

There's no stopping Leona Lewis' 34th week on top. :/ Anyway, it's really sad that it missed the #2 spot by less than 500 copies, but #3 is better than number #11 or something.
Old 9th December 2007, 01:22 PM
austin. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
...and hating Nicola even more, who I've never liked to begin with.
Old 10th December 2007, 01:19 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyria View Post
I've uploaded the new songs in Asian Media Downloads.

Call the Shots was #3 on the UK singles chart, which is good. But it's such a great song, I wish it had been #1.
Thank you so much. I'll be checking that thread now.

As for the single: So it went up then? I know it debuted at Number 4. Well that's great news. I would have definitely bought it if I lived in the UK, unfortunately America only sells their stuff on iTunes, and I don't buy things there that I already own physical copies of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post
There's no stopping Leona Lewis' 34th week on top. :/ Anyway, it's really sad that it missed the #2 spot by less than 500 copies, but #3 is better than number #11 or something.
I wish I was happy for her, but I just don't see the appeal. What is so damn great about Leona? I didn't know GA was so close though. Wow, that's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin. ♥ View Post
Sorry you like her so much :\ I know I've been kind of pissy when people insult my Nadine.

Old 11th December 2007, 11:48 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I was so excited when their new album came out! However...

after the first 5 songs, the album seems to just suck majorly. (Except Damn + I'm falling have been sounding better now that I'm listening to them over and over). Still, it feels like the first half is amazing, and the second half just doesn't come up to par.

I'm looking forward to see how their next single fares.
Old 11th December 2007, 05:34 PM
austin. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
Sorry you like her so much :\ I know I've been kind of pissy when people insult my Nadine.
S'okay. But was the "sorry you like her so much" a back-handed apology?! I regret not going to their concert in 2005(6?). Oh wells, what's the third single again?
Old 11th December 2007, 07:35 PM
Will Initiate

^ I think I read that it's going to be 'Control of the Knife.'

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Closed Thread

Tags
britpop, girl group, girls aloud, quite good