[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 33 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2021, 12:47 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
disaster....
I could download the uncensored version from JPOPSUKI.
Old 20th April 2021, 05:46 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Eventually everything in this release is a disappointment to me.
It really shows they just wanted to make some money with little effort yet justifying high prices.
Sure they can do that if they need money that bad or fulfil some contract obligations. I understand.

Yet I really wish they wouldn't print the A BALLADS name on that type of lazy release. This is so underwhelming in almost every aspects (0 rearrangements, covers, booklet with like two pictures, one mouth open, the other closed - and the limited booklet being a joke -, live selection of lives you've already seen and/or possess a thousand times, with pitchy TV vocals; the only new thing being blurred faces...). It's a lot to unpack for just one release haha.

At this point I really don't understand why they don't go with A BEST 3. Nothing but remastered songs, few simple photos and the corresponding MVs is all we would expect.

Last edited by hidekirby; 20th April 2021 at 06:11 AM.
Old 20th April 2021, 09:45 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I don't think it's a surprise that A BALLADS 2 felt like a 1/2 hearted release even though in the beginning I felt quite positive over it but that changed as more details came along

What I find a bit unfortunate is that Ayu could have utilised this opportunity to probably recreate the original multiple covers A BALLADS 1 had going on years ago instead of a typical photoshoot

That might have jolted some folks' memories down the nostalgic memory lane especially since it has been so long since A BALLADS 1 was released

Somemore I remembered back then the concept that A BALLADS 1 went for , that was considered quite a big deal & I myself was quite fascinated over it

Alas that did not happened

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 20th April 2021 at 09:47 AM.
Old 20th April 2021, 09:53 AM
I am... Initiate

The effect of the blur against her veil makes it look like she was just copied and pasted into the shot.
Old 20th April 2021, 11:53 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Spoiler:

After i saw these images in the booklet,
i wonder why they choose that beauty shot for the A BALLADS 2 cover.

Haru yo koi video was made after the A Ballads 2 announcement.
But to hurry the release and missing the chance to use these gorgeous images as cover art makes me sad.

Last edited by sunny; 20th April 2021 at 11:59 AM.
Old 20th April 2021, 12:18 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

A BALLADS 2 position & sales 2nd week - #16 ; 1,926

Total 2 week sales - 12,910

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7311251845

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 20th April 2021, 08:51 PM
Far away Initiate

With censorship laws the way they are in Japan, I don't think the general public thinks it is too abnormal to see faces blurred.

I'd imagine she would receive just as much backlash from netizens talking about how she exposed people in the audience without their consent. Especially since she's making money off of a release vs. an official "free" upload from the broadcaster.
Old 20th April 2021, 09:08 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
Spoiler:

After i saw these images in the booklet,
i wonder why they choose that beauty shot for the A BALLADS 2 cover.

Haru yo koi video was made after the A Ballads 2 announcement.
But to hurry the release and missing the chance to use these gorgeous images as cover art makes me sad.
That is a little dramatic, just look at the pictures in the booklet and enjoy them, they are a bonus. The actual covers are far from being hideous even if I prefer the kimono shots, too. The release wasn't rushed, it was delayed actually.

People should get a grip on themselves and stop with the sadness over A Ballads 2. The release includes exactly what they advertised. The covers and content were released a month prior and it came out exactly how it was promised. People are only being sad because the greatest hits is what it was meant to be and not their own fabricated desire of what they wanted it to be.
Old 20th April 2021, 11:54 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Those Japanese-styled pictures only fits Haru Yo, Koi.

It's not always about what looks great, but what fits the theme. Personally, I love the softness of the covers and the pink/purple. It fits exactly what A BALLADS 2 looks like in my head when I listen to the tracklist.
Old 21st April 2021, 05:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
Oh, come on Avex. This is embarrassing.
It's pretty common though. I noticed the same thing in the box sets that were released for Akina Nakamori's tv performances - including dancers that were part of the performance being blurred. Weeirrd Japan.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 21st April 2021 at 05:58 AM.
Old 21st April 2021, 06:18 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
https://youtu.be/21pUiyaFAkE
Finally we can see the book! And it’s more disappointing than expected...
oh man, the reviewer's disappointment while browsing through the contents of the album booklet and this photobook was palpable ...and contagious

I'm guessing there is some explanation in the two-page text of the BALLAD BOOK as to why the contents are that way? otherwise it just seems to be a collection of completely random live screenshots, some of which aren't even of ballad performances

the creative effort they took in creating this album is just ...
Old 21st April 2021, 06:23 AM
Daybreak Guardian

I got my copy today and it's absolutely gorgeous—and much bigger than I expected! I'm very glad I decided to buy it.
Old 21st April 2021, 07:31 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
It's pretty common though. I noticed the same thing in the box sets that were released for Akina Nakamori's tv performances - including dancers that were part of the performance being blurred. Weeirrd Japan.
Oh interesting. Then it’s more of a censorship issue that JinHamasaki mentioned rather than avex half-assing it?
Old 21st April 2021, 07:54 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Oh interesting. Then it’s more of a censorship issue that JinHamasaki mentioned rather than avex half-assing it?
They don't have permission to use those people image... Simple as that.

How would it be half assing if Avex had more work to blurry the audience they would have just releasing it as it is?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 21st April 2021, 12:00 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
People who attended Kouhaku allowed the use of their image back then, but they didn't allow it when Ayu released A BALLADS 2. It would be an almost impossible work for avex to track down all those faces and make all of them sign a term for it.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 21st April 2021, 01:04 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
They don't have permission to use those people image... Simple as that.

How would it be half assing if Avex had more work to blurry the audience they would have just releasing it as it is?
It was for lack of a better term, nothing more.

Summerrain- thank you, that explains a lot.
Old 21st April 2021, 01:20 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Why are people so over dramatic? Even if I think they could have gone more into the direction of AB1, AB2 isn't far from being bad.

The covers fit the theme very much and are much closer to the originals tone than those beauty-shots from a PV shooting (which I still think are cool, but I don't need them as a cover. I have seen enough Kimomo-stuff in my J-Pop-listeners-career. It is not that innovative you know)

Also I like the polished sound of a lot of these songs and it made me go back to listen to more ayu again. She used the release to jumpstart with a new single too, whcih was genrally weel perceived.

More over I think AB2 is a stronger release than A SUMMER BEST.

And lets face it - best of albums aren't really needed anymore. People can simply make a playlist. Low sales are not too surprising for me.
Old 21st April 2021, 01:33 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^I don't think people are sad that the album is bad as such, just that the name A BALLADS was associated with more.
You said it yourself: best albums are not really relevant anymore, but AB1 was so much more than that. It was more about re-visiting the ballads that had made her.
Then again you're right: I'm not disappointed in the release because it is exactly what they advertised it as, just grateful we got Haru yo, koi tbh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post

It's not always about what looks great, but what fits the theme. Personally, I love the softness of the covers and the pink/purple. It fits exactly what A BALLADS 2 looks like in my head when I listen to the tracklist.
I agree with this actually. As much as I prefer the Haru yo, koi pictures, this release was probably the first since LOVE again where this soft, sepia atmosphere was really justified
Old 21st April 2021, 02:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post

THIS
Old 21st April 2021, 10:24 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
I could download the uncensored version from JPOPSUKI.
Can you invite me on jpopsuki ?
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, cd release, haru yo koi