[globe] The 1st Thread: - "10000 Days" best-of album (2022) - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 3rd February 2016, 09:38 PM
Voyage Initiate

My quick, belated thoughts, I'll post a more detailed review soon.

I love this album and have been listening to it for the last few weeks!!!

I do prefer a lot of the covers to the originals so far like Faces Places, because Keiko is a bit too shrieky for me. Too many highlights on the album, one being Greeeen's cover of Face. I've never heard the original or Greeeen before this but thought it was a great cover!
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:32 PM
Voyage Initiate

I've now been obsessing over some of the original tracks - mainly Anytime Smokin' Cigarette and Wanna Be A Dreammaker.

I've been watching some videos on Avex's channel too. The Wanna Be A Dreammaker PV is really cool and the "live" version of Anytime Smokin' Cigarette is great too! I love Keiko's performance in the concert clips (even if they've just slapped the studio version of the song over the live clips).

I'm a bit confused about their videography e.g. I notice Avex has uploaded a live clip montage for the Face 20th Edit, but does it not have an official PV? Could anyone list me their PVs?
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:37 PM
Voyage Initiate

I notice from the Official FB page that there is a website for their 20th anniversary:

http://avex.jp/globe/

I was wondering if this means that they are going to do a 20th edit PV for Departures and Faces Places or if Face won a poll for them to make the 20th edit PV that was uploaded to Avex's channel a couple of weeks ago?
Old 10th April 2016, 04:04 AM
No way to say Initiate

Listening to remode...TK is such a god like genius with melodies, its incredible..
Old 12th April 2016, 09:23 PM
poker face Initiate

Hello guys!

I'm starting my globe collection.

Today I got CRUISE RECORD 1995-2000, but I have a problem tagging some songs.

What are the versions of the following songs used on this compilation:

Sa Yo Na Ra - single or album version?

SWEET PAIN - single or album version?

Perfume of love - single or album version?

I have both the globe and relation album... but it's so strange to get these things tagged.

Thanks for your input
Old 12th April 2016, 10:19 PM
Voyage Initiate

^I'm afraid I can't help as I'm a fairly new fan myself!

I got my first Globe album a few weeks ago (Globe Pop/Rock 2) and am loving it! Some of the songs weren't instant but the melodies got stuck in my head and now I'm addicted to listening to Globe! (Well the only other album I own is the cover album and a few songs from iTunes)

I almost think I need to give myself a wee break before I OD! I'm going to get Maniac next. I'm planning on working my way through their discography backwards, although I distracted by a review of Pop/Rock 2 I read and decided to buy it first!
Old 12th April 2016, 11:36 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post

I got my first Globe album a few weeks ago (Globe Pop/Rock 2) and am loving it! Some of the songs weren't instant but the melodies got stuck in my head and now I'm addicted to listening to Globe! (Well the only other album I own is the cover album and a few songs from iTunes)

I almost think I need to give myself a wee break before I OD! I'm going to get Maniac next. I'm planning on working my way through their discography backwards, although I distracted by a review of Pop/Rock 2 I read and decided to buy it first!
Until now I have:

globe
FACES PLACES
RELATION
CRUISE RECORD
8 Many Classic Moments
Lights
Level 4
Maniac

I am in love with the trance sound...
Old 17th April 2016, 09:10 PM
Voyage Initiate

Yes, I look forward to getting to their trance albums!
Old 18th April 2016, 01:20 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Yes, I look forward to getting to their trance albums!
I also love Globe2 pop/rock and my second most favourite album is Level 4, so maybe you should try it too as soon as possible ;-)
Old 18th April 2016, 06:09 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I second the LEVEL 4 recommendation, it's an awesome album!

Quote:

globe2 pop/rock is so good, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Do you have some favourite songs? (Also, what's this review that made you decide to go for globe2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro View Post
Until now I have:

globe
FACES PLACES
RELATION
CRUISE RECORD
8 Many Classic Moments
Lights
Level 4
Maniac

I am in love with the trance sound...
So many! I only have Lights and LEVEL 4, I'm a little envious now. (I can't help with the tagging problem either, I don't have CRUISE RECORD to compare. )
Old 18th April 2016, 10:06 PM
Voyage Initiate

^And I thought you had all their albums Kacku

It's the first review on YesAsia here

So many good songs but I think my favourites are Expectation (although Keiko's voice does get a bit high for me but I'm getting used to it!), Back 2 be and Here I Am. I know when I listen to the album again I'll be like "why didn't I include this song?"

Quote:
I second the LEVEL 4 recommendation, it's an awesome album!
Thanks for the recommendation guys! I have Seize The Light so far- thank you iTunes! Although I'll be buying the physical copy, which (if I'm being good) I will wait until my May pay to order as I'm awaiting my A Best Deluxe Edition and have just bought an EP off iTunes.
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:02 PM
Daybreak Guardian

It was just uploaded on avex's official YouTube channel:

Old 2nd May 2016, 10:16 PM
Voyage Initiate

Yay - so happy about this! I was literally just thinking about what the results with the Face PV on their website was about today. (I was starting to think Face was the only PV we were getting and that Departures and Faces Places were the songs that almost got a PV)

So, very surprised to see this pop up on YouTube. I like how the mixes for Face and Departures are slightly different. Does anyone know the story for the PV? Google Translate wasn't very clear.

And full length PVs too - thanks Avex!
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:45 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hi everyone! Just wondering when globes last live performance was? I found a performance of FACE at a nation and they all looked older than at a nation '05.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:05 PM
Voyage Initiate

I'm not exactly a Globe expert but I was looking for the performance you mentioned on YouTube and noticed there was a news clip for A-Nation 2009 popping up so I assume it's from that year (I didn't watch the clip).

I noticed Keiko bowed a couple of times and TK looked a little apprehensive - I assume this was their first performance after the fraud case? It's a shame they never got a chance to release anything before Keiko's stroke. I still hope they make a comeback someday.
Old 14th May 2016, 12:49 PM
Voyage Initiate

I was on a train journey yesterday and listened to every Globe song I owned and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 17th June 2016, 07:01 AM
Initiate

Don't think it was already posted here but they announced Remode 2 on their website. Only I'm a little confused because Anytime smokin' cigarette is in the tracklist, but that's already in Remode 1. I'm really looking forward to it, I love Remode 1! They also announced a live blu-ray box called globe 2 decade.
Old 17th June 2016, 04:48 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I'm sure Anytime smokin' cigarette has a new version for the new album. I'm actually surprised it's the only track on both Remode albums but then again, I hadn't realised that songs like DEPARTURES, Feel Like dance and Can't Stop Fallin' in Love. I wasn't really expecting another Remode album, so this is a nice surprise. Also surprising: seeing MUSIC TAKES ME HIGHER, GET WILD and SELF CONTROL in the tracklist. I hope it'll all be good.

And oh my god the blu-ray box, that price is cray-cray. I really want to hear the CD with recordings from KEIKO's solo tour and see some of the lives (special live -genesis of next-!!!), but I guess I'll never get to that. I hope the CD audio surfaces on the internet one day though...
Old 18th June 2016, 12:23 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Was so excited at the prospect of the blu Ray box, but then I saw the price...54,000¥ is way too much
Old 18th June 2016, 01:41 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Omg, want to see how it looks like

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!

Tags
globe, tetsuya komuro