The Official Madonna Thread IV - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 30th April 2008, 05:21 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^ i saw the booklet and it was simple and nice...

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 30th April 2008, 09:40 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Tune In Item: Madonna Makes A Debut Appearance on BET's '106 & PARK' on Friday, May 2 at 6:00 P.M.

For the first time in BET history, legendary music phenomenon Madonna will visit the network's hit countdown show, 106 & PARK, on Friday, May 2 at 6:00 PM. Hosted by fan favorites Terrence and Rocsi, 106 is prepared to give Madonna a welcome celebration like never before. To predict her next evolution, Terrence and Rocsi will get Madonna to foresee the future. Rocsi will also do yoga positions that Madonna will comment on, and Terrence will do some dance moves for her to judge. Madonna will also introduce her new video 4 Minutes, featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.

As BET's highest-rated music series of all time, 106 & PARK has quickly become the leading music video countdown show on television. Live from New York City, the most energetic show on the planet comes fully equipped with an incredible audience and exclusive live performances. For more on 106 & PARK, viewers can go online to www.bet.com.
Source: BET

MADONNA'S GONNA BE ON 106 & PARK!

I. Can't. Wait.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

AIM: XStevenProcess
youtube | last.fm | twitter | dailybooth | formspring
You can call me Steven.

MADONNA - STICKY & SWEET TOUR
10-30-08 VANCOUVER BC FRONT ROW

Old 30th April 2008, 10:19 PM
Because of You Initiate

My friend just sent me this from Perez:

Quote:
This has to be a bit of a disappointment for Madonna!

The Queen of Pop's new CD, Hard Candy, went on sale this Tuesday and it is expected to move between 275,000 and 300,000 copies its first week in America, which should easily put it at #1.

Good….but not great by any means!

Madonna's last CD, Confessions…, debuted to about 350,000 copies its first week.

AND, that was without much radio support for first single Hung Up.

The fact that radio has been behind M's new single, 4 Minutes, in a big way makes her expected debut for Hard Candy that much more disappointing.

Mariah Carey, on the other hand, not only sold about 475,000 copies of her new CD, E=MC2, but….that was also Mimi's biggest debut week ever.

Old 30th April 2008, 10:39 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Just wait till her TV stint comes through, I'm sure she's gonna hit up Ellen again and The Today Show. Hopefully more if Liz comes through for us.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 30th April 2008, 10:41 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

^
That's the first good news I've heard. I hope this album underperforms, and she stays far away Timbaland/urban sounds for her next album.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:49 PM
Because of You Initiate

Yeah, I'm interested to see what she does in terms of promotion here in the US. I mean, Mariah's been whoring her album on pretty much every show possible, from Oprah to American Idol, and that's obviously been reflected in the album sales. Madge hasn't promoted Hard Candy on, ummm...anything. So I guess we'll see how the sales are affected once she begins to really promote the album.

Old 1st May 2008, 05:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Madonna @ Roseland Ballroom First Pictures courtesy of allaboutmadonna (compiled at Madge Tribe with broadcast caps)

Here are some videos, I will share them as they become available. Hopefully they're fixed, the audio on the broadcast was lagged by a couple seconds. Hung Up and Music were off the hook! I can't wait to get audios of them!

Candy Shop

I can't wait to see this live for myself on tour!!!

4 Minutes (with Justin Timberlake)

The intro to 4 Minutes is so epic!

Give It 2 Me

Can't wait to see this on tour too when she has a full choreography dance!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 1st May 2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 1st May 2008, 05:55 AM
dddaiyamondo

275k - 300k isn't bad at all, especially nowadays. Although it is a bit strange that she went down from COADF, which I thought had a much less popular first single. I expected a bit higher first week than COADF. And why did E=MC^2 have a higher first week than TEOM, when TEOM had both "It's Like That" and "We Belong Together"? The American public confuses me.

I read that she's scrambling to do more promotion, but why 106 & Park? Somehow I don't think she's got a lot of fans in the hip-hop community. I still find it weird when Justin Timberlake goes on that show. She should do Oprah like Mariah and Leona, although I guess you gotta schedule that sort of stuff way in advance, Oprah probably doesn't change her shows around for anyone.
Old 1st May 2008, 06:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

She's now scheduled to be on 106 & Park at 6 PM eastern time on May 1st. Don't forget to tune in!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 1st May 2008, 07:56 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

i kinda love incredible and she's not me~~

and 4 minutes~~~ i'm dying in the 4 minutes

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 1st May 2008, 09:54 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InorganicRosiel View Post
^
That's the first good news I've heard. I hope this album underperforms, and she stays far away Timbaland/urban sounds for her next album.
That is terrible to say, Madonna's going to change her direction next album anyway for sure.

Music - Trance/Tech
American Life - Americana?
Confessions - Non Stop Dance
Hard Candy - Urban

Thank you X2 for this legendary set!
sifow’s official AVEX site | sifow's BLOG
「REVROSSA☆CLAЯITY」

Old 1st May 2008, 01:19 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Madonna is on track to net her seventh No. 1 album on next week's Billboard 200 with "Hard Candy," based on first-day sales measured by the Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart released Wednesday afternoon (April 30).

Unweighted sales for the Warner Bros. album from the Building Chart's panel of reporters through the close of business Tuesday, April 29, stood at 100,000.

Among all female artists, only Barbra Streisand has earned more No. 1s -- with eight. Currently, Madonna, Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson are all tied for the second most, with six apiece.

Late last year, Chris Brown's "Exclusive" posted a first day number of
107,000 and finished the week with 294,000. However, sources close to the Madonna project indicate that with much of "Hard Candy's" first-day figure driven by iTunes sales, its full sales week could end up closer to the range of 225,000-250,000.

Madonna's last studio effort, 2005's "Confessions on a Dance Floor," started at No. 1 with 350,000.

Billboard estimates the merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks,Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers, and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. Album sales.

Leading the charge for "Hard Candy" is first single "4 Minutes," featuring Justin Timberlake, which peaked at No. 3 on The Billboard Hot 100 and spent two weeks at No. 1 on Hot Digital Songs. The download has sold 1 million copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan, including 185,000 for the week that ended April 27.

Madonna first rang the Billboard 200's bell when "Like a Virgin" reached No. 1 in late 1984. Since then, she's claimed No. 1s with "True Blue" (1986), "Like a Prayer" (1989), "Music" (2000), "American Life" (2003) and "Confessions."

She also owns a whopping five sets that peaked at No. 2 -- "I'm Breathless" (1990), "The Immaculate Collection" (1990), "Erotica" (1992), the soundtrack to "Evita" (1996) and "Ray of Light" (1998).

On the Wednesday Building Chart, Lyfe Jennings' new "Lyfe Change" (Columbia) was in second place with 25,000. Other new titles appearing in that preliminary list's top 10 include the Roots' "Rising Down" (Def Jam), Portishead's "Third" (Mercury), Def Leppard's "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge" (Island/UMe), Augustana's "Can't Love, Can't Hurt" (Epic) and Mudcrutch's self-titled album (Reprise).
Source: Billboard

Looks like it may debut even lower than previously thought.

Last edited by voltron; 1st May 2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 1st May 2008, 02:51 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylfantasy View Post
[
Here are some videos, I will share them as they become available. Hopefully they're fixed, the audio on the broadcast was lagged by a couple seconds. Hung Up and Music were off the hook! I can't wait to get audios of them!
OMG, she sounds SO BAD in those performances. It's quite tiresome and painful to listen to. Horrible. But she looks good. Can't wait to see how these songs will look on the TOUR.

My "HardCandy special edition" was shipped today from amazon.com. Anyone have pictures of how the special edition looks like?
Old 1st May 2008, 03:55 PM
Don't look back Initiate

^yea..she sounds tired...
and some words sound weird...like LAWLLIPOP...and it continues as well...
but its just the first few performances...so it will get better
Old 1st May 2008, 03:58 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

hi,
can anyone tell me where I can download the full album?
thanks
Old 1st May 2008, 05:49 PM
STEP you Protector

It's a shame the sales won't be bigger, especially after the success of 4 Minutes.
Old 1st May 2008, 08:07 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

You can now stream the show here with synchronized audio and higher quality picture.

Quote:
MTV review of the Roseland Ballroom Prom Concert

NEW YORK — You’ve got to hand it to Madonna — she never does anything half-assed.

The Queen of Pop, whose album Hard Candy dropped Tuesday, pulled out all the stops at New York’s intimate Roseland Ballroom on Wednesday night (April 30), dazzling the packed-to-the-rafters crowd — including Fran Drescher and Rosie O’Donnell — with an energetic, fast-paced, six-song set that featured a guest appearance from Justin Timberlake for Madonna’s latest single, "4 Minutes."

It was an event better-suited for Madison Square Garden and one that these fans — many of whom probably had to call a sitter for the evening — won’t soon forget.

The pre-gig vibe was one of unadulterated excitement, with 45 minutes of candy-themed music (Bow Wow Wow’s "I Want Candy," New Edition’s "Candy Girl"), compliments of a DJ stationed center stage. Behind the expansive, five-platform stage, the cover image of Madonna’s latest LP flashed on the big screens. Madonna, wearing a skintight black suit and a lace top, was certainly punctual, taking the stage promptly at 10:04 p.m. ET, to thunderous applause, as the first bars of "Candy Shop" reverberated off the packed venue’s walls.

One segment of the stage rotated to reveal Madonna sitting on a gold-and-black throne, wielding a golden walking stick. Images of confections flashed on the television screens flanking the back of the stage. Madonna, along with her six dancers, gyrated in choreographed harmony to the sexy club jam. This performance, even if only 38 minutes long, was production-heavy, with a four-piece band and no fat. One song seemed to blend into the next, with Madonna saying very little to her adoring fans, who hopped on the opportunity to snap pictures of the pop icon with their camera phones as she strutted across the edge of the stage.

Next, Madonna strapped on an acoustic guitar, tossed back a swig from a champagne bottle and strummed her way into "Miles Away," a midtempo number about being far from home. Images of planes taking off and landing, airports and various locations around the globe were projected across the screens behind her.

The crowd cheered at the first few notes of "4 Minutes," which mimicked its video with a flashing countdown clock. After Madonna belted out the song’s first verse, Timberlake emerged from a rotating pylon, wearing a white jacket and black scarf. It was the high point of the evening, and the production value of the performance was arena-size.

Madonna paused for a moment to reflect on the talent she’s been able to work with lately, including Timberlake, Kanye West, Timbaland and others. "I feel like the luckiest girl in the world," she said, before dedicating her next number to her longtime fans — the ones she’d seen "sleeping on the sidewalk" the night before in line for tickets. She then played "Hung Up" from 2006’s Confessions on a Dance Floor, followed by the disco anthem "Give It To Me," with pink and green disco beams pulsating across the crowd. Madonna danced like a woman less than half her age, and her vocals were at their peak.

"Give it to me, New York," Madonna yelled. "I don’t see you people dancing up and down enough."

The stage lights were reminiscent of those at a Daft Punk gig, and that didn’t change during the night’s final song, "Music." Madonna started out at the very front of the stage, singing the opening a cappella, and was joined by all the concertgoers, who screamed in unison: "Music/ Makes the people/ Come together." As her dancers emerged from a faux silver subway car (destination: "Freshville"), she pranced across the stage, touching the dozens of outreached hands grabbing for her attention. The show ended with Madonna racing up the stage to the subway doors, behind which she disappeared.

And at 10:38, she was done. In and out.
Source: MTV.com

Quote:
Madonna's new band

consists of...

Monte Pittman (Guitar)
Ric Key Pageot (Keyboards)
Brian Frasier Moore (Drums)
Kevin Antunes (Musical director)
Source: Madge Tribe

Quote:
Madonna has four songs in US iTunes Top 100

'4 Minutes' and Paul Oakenfold's remix of 'Give It 2 Me' are in Top 20!

Other tracks that are also in the top 100 are 'Beat Goes On' and 'Give It 2 Me (Album version)'.
Source: Madge Tribe

Quote:
Backstage pics @ Roseland

Source: http://galeria.timberlakespain.com/

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 1st May 2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:09 PM
KaoriNeko

Steven, I love you for posting those performances. The album really has grown on me, so I went out and bought mine today!
I really wanna see the tour too!
Old 1st May 2008, 10:20 PM
dddaiyamondo

Wow, 225k - 250k, I was expecting more. I thought they were predicting 275k - 300k earlier this week? I wonder if these are just predictions by two different groups.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
I read that she's scrambling to do more promotion, but why 106 & Park? Somehow I don't think she's got a lot of fans in the hip-hop community. I still find it weird when Justin Timberlake goes on that show. She should do Oprah like Mariah and Leona, although I guess you gotta schedule that sort of stuff way in advance, Oprah probably doesn't change her shows around for anyone.
Say wuuuuut?! Madonna's gonna be on 106&Park? O_o

*waits a minute*

I HAVE TO SEE THIS! Madonna has some guts. I guess she wants to regain her fame among the hip-hop community. I hope she hasn't forgotten that this isn't the same generation that liked her when she was in her Like a Virgin days. She's dealin' with a different gerenation now.

My friend and I are seriously wondering how the crowd is gonna react when Terrenace and Roxy (the hosts) call her out. Are they gonna scream like crazy...or just clap with one person screaming in the background?
The video entered the countdown yesterday @ #10, so maybe this want be a tragedy afterall. I'll be cheering for her.

*waits for 106&Park to come on*

Edit: Awwwwahh! The hosts just said Madonna isn't going to be on there til tomorrow. This was a totally waste of time. I could've went to go get something to eat.

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 1st May 2008 at 11:11 PM.

Tags
hard candy, madonna, sticky and sweet, tour