AHS can't be accessed via handphone - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 8th April 2014, 06:21 PM
MY STORY Initiate

It's so interesting that some people call "saving the forum" stealing. I seriously can't feel nothing but gratitude towards Ayumi for saving the forum. From what I have seen here, this forum is not stolen so I don't understand where this theory came from. :p

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 8th April 2014, 06:22 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
She rescued the domain when it apparently expired a few days ago. Basically it was up for grabs for about a day and she saved it.
Maybe whoever owned it before just forgot to pay on time and was going to come back to renew it? I just feel very apprehensive that someone who I've never even heard of now owns AHS. I don't want to see anything bad happen to AHS.

For such a large forum everything just seems (and has seemed for a long time) so haphazard and mysterious...

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 9th April 2014, 12:41 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Whoa...ZeF? Who is he/she? And what is really going on involving ZeF...did he/she leave AHS or something???
Old 9th April 2014, 12:48 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Whoa...ZeF? Who is he/she? And what is really going on involving ZeF...did he/she leave AHS or something???
zef (he) is one of the founders of ahs.
Old 9th April 2014, 01:24 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

There seems to be a lot of confusion going on at the moment. I'll try and clear some of this up. It's sort of a mess right now behind the scenes for the moderators as well, so don't feel we're ignoring this topic on purpose. We're hard at work figuring out how to go forward and ensure this doesn't happen again.

Zef is the founder of AHS and he has been in and out of the community since 1999. Alongside another administrator, he naturally had the server domain details and has insisted on keeping it under his attendance. This wasn't questioned by anyone as it seems a good enough decision - too many cooks spoil the broth, and obviously too many people having access to our server and the payment of it makes AHS a little less secure, in theory.

However, due to circumstance, it seems Zef has decided to stop payment for the server. Our back-up administrator is unfortunately on a long break from most things online to concentrate on their career and wasn't around to see the server domain timer ticking down, hence why our domain name went publicly on sale without any warning. It was a surprise to the moderators as well.

Luckily, the AHS member Ayumi saw the message and bought the domain to save it and try and restore the forum. She has been in contact with the moderators about securing the domain for the future. Since restoring the forum back-up we have seen a few issues with avatars and the like; we need someone with actual server access to help us there, which is unfortunately limited to Zef and the other administrator, who we are currently trying to contact.

I hope this explains a little more as to what happened and to what we're trying to accomplish in the short-term to maintain stability. I hope everyone understands that for the sake of respecting the privacy of certain individuals, I won't go further into details on some topics - but questions are welcomed, and I'll answer if I can.
Old 9th April 2014, 01:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
Maybe whoever owned it before just forgot to pay on time and was going to come back to renew it? I just feel very apprehensive that someone who I've never even heard of now owns AHS. I don't want to see anything bad happen to AHS.

For such a large forum everything just seems (and has seemed for a long time) so haphazard and mysterious...
She's good. Longtime user/fan of Ayu and probably one of the best choices to have the domain while things are sorted out.
Old 9th April 2014, 03:32 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

OK, well the last two posts made me feel much better! Thanks! I'm very happy AHS didn't vanish forever!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 9th April 2014, 09:42 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Koumori's explanation was just as I had thought this whole deal might have happened. I hope moderators can get in touch with Zef and the other admin soon to solve this thing for good.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 9th April 2014, 11:03 AM
Connected Initiate

Thx for clearing things up Koumori ^^
So the main task is getting in touch with the 2 main person holding access to the server?
Is the payment for the server ending soon? >. < hopefully not as it might just wipeout the data once the contract ends.

Old 9th April 2014, 12:29 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

So Ayumi has in effect stabilised AHS in this form for a full year by purchasing ahsforum.com?

So our avatars may be lost and need re-uploading the forum itself is going to be stable in this condition for the next 12 months?

If anyone is in contact with Zef, I do hope that the stopped payment is an oversight and not the result of him being ill/unable to do it anymore. Please pass on our well wishes to him if you can

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 9th April 2014, 12:44 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
Is the payment for the server ending soon? >. < hopefully not as it might just wipeout the data once the contract ends.
The server domain, as far as I know, is now secure since Ayumi paid for it.
Old 9th April 2014, 02:48 PM
GREEN Initiate

The only thing I want back is the icons...
I miss my Tay-Tay.
Old 9th April 2014, 04:47 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I'm thankful for Ayumi saving everything.

Whoever made that farewell page seemed clear that they had no intention of bringing back the forum. So I'm glad ayumi bought the domain

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 9th April 2014, 05:28 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
I'm thankful for Ayumi saving everything.

Whoever made that farewell page seemed clear that they had no intention of bringing back the forum. So I'm glad ayumi bought the domain
Yea... the header was "~Farewell AHS 2014~"
someone definately doesn't want AHS to continue.

Old 9th April 2014, 07:03 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Hi again!

Thanks to those who cleared up some things for me (truehappiness/Koumori).

Since people have been wondering, I'll let you know that ZeF actually handed me the domain himself. I noticed it expired, and asked him about it.

It's on my account now, and I have no intentions of letting it expire again!

But in short, I only have access to the URL name, and not the actual forum software.
(Which means I cannot fix the avatar issue..)

I don't want to call myself owner. I want to make it clear that I believe the staff and moderators on AHS are what should be considered as owners.

The only reason I haven't handed the domain over, is because I don't actually know anyone enough to decide on where it would be safe from expiring.. I don't want the domain to die again, and if I can prevent it, I will do so. Because seeing how the downtime affected people made me sad.

If I could just take the whole forum and move it to a new server where it would be safe, I really would've done that already. But like I said.. no access, so no fix for now. Hopefully that can be done soon though!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
I'd hate to see AHS disappear..........I've been here for so many years *___*

Is this the time where we all suggest again that a big portion of the active members would be more than happy to contribute to a license/server renewal in the future? I know it's a no-go subject, but I'd be happy to donate to know AHS lives and don't think there would be any need for "perks" in exchange.................rather than lose it forever, ya know?
Hi there! Money is no issue, the problem is getting access to the files and everything needed on the actual forum. I believe it's currently running on a backup (which is why the avatars are acting funky).

Really wish I could do more about the situation but I'm stuck right now. :/

☆ 何かを信じられる心が残ってるから ☆

Last edited by Αyumi; 9th April 2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 9th April 2014, 07:18 PM
November Initiate

^We all appreciate what you've done, really. So thank you. At least we have the forum back now

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 9th April 2014, 07:24 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I can live without my avatar for now. I'm just glad we have AHS again for where else can I get news about so many artists in one place. Thanks Ayumi!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 9th April 2014, 07:37 PM
YOU Initiate

I was so scared about the loss of AHS. Thank you so much Ayumi!!!
Old 9th April 2014, 11:39 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Thanks Ayumi! We're grateful for your help. This is a special place with lots of people who care about it

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 10th April 2014, 12:14 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Thank you for clearing up some of the info, and thank you Ayumi.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."