『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12 - Page 20 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2021, 12:35 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I believe they might, I had a really hard time getting my hand on Akina Nakamori's second-best of remastered on 45 RPM Vinyl, it was sold out everywhere a month or 2 after the release. the 2018 180g of the same release is also almost impossible to find.

Although, Ayu is from the CD era and the Japanese seem to still prefer CDs and DVDs... They did release sixxxxxx on vinyl and it didn't move many fans. (Although, if they released her entire catalog on Vinyl, sixxxxxx wouldn't have been the first I would have bought for sure).

There is also a weird series of remix singles on Picture discs... They look pretty, but I would never spend 50$ for 2 remixes of starting and grateful days...
those were made both, for collectors but also for djing I belive
Old 19th February 2021, 02:29 AM
BEST Initiate

While Vinyl is getting more popular in Japan, it's definitely not hipster status like in the US. I don't see why they would release a lot of vinyl for her when that's totally not reflective of the market at large, or her general audience.

I'm always so shocked how people's expectations for her are so incongruent with the reality in Japan.
Old 19th February 2021, 02:57 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^True but I also think we can still expect something like that for an anniversary editon or something like that tbh A Song for XX vinyl for its 25th anniversary doesn't sound crazy at all and I think people would love it, even in Japan

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 19th February 2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old 19th February 2021, 03:17 AM
Initiate

Guys we are getting more info tomorrow. I’m so excited! Feel like it’s either going to be a big good surprise or a big leg down lol
Old 19th February 2021, 07:00 AM
Far away Initiate

Just saw the news that the Do As Infinity best album was also postponed, from the previous March 10 to March 24, 2021 for the same reason (production problems).

Seeing that there are other avex talents who have also experienced this, it seems that there is a problem in the production process. So I wouldn't have too much hope for re-recordings or new arrangements.

https://d-a-i.com/news/detail.php?id=1089472
Old 19th February 2021, 11:25 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMSD View Post
Just saw the news that the Do As Infinity best album was also postponed, from the previous March 10 to March 24, 2021 for the same reason (production problems).

Seeing that there are other avex talents who have also experienced this, it seems that there is a problem in the production process. So I wouldn't have too much hope for re-recordings or new arrangements.

HOPE IS DEAD.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th February 2021, 01:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Ah well, that probably settles it!

Right, just hoping for Pray for you not to be too forgettable and I'll be ok with this release!
Old 19th February 2021, 03:26 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMSD View Post

truly the reality check we all need. thanks for sharing this!
Old 19th February 2021, 03:28 PM
SURREAL Initiate

According to this tweet https://twitter.com/ayu_19980408/sta...05347949981700

"Some of the recorded songs will be premiered on the YouTube channel" can someone confirm if it says this or is just google translator being messy lol

if it's correct, a premiere of songs we already know wouldn't make sense, right? So I want to believe they do have some new arrangement or something

EDIT: Maybe "premiere" means showing part of the tracklist as they said before

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 19th February 2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 19th February 2021, 03:52 PM
SEASONS Initiate

It says recorded in the sense of included on the CD, not specifically new recordings. Anyway, I hope they reveal the video contents tomorrow as well. Watch it being a 30 second trailer with the footages of No way to say, Heaven and Ohia no ki and then “coming soon” lol
Old 19th February 2021, 04:58 PM
July 1st Initiate

by the way, is there a specific time when the supposed preview is going to air? I must have missed it if there was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
It says recorded in the sense of included on the CD, not specifically new recordings. Anyway, I hope they reveal the video contents tomorrow as well. Watch it being a 30 second trailer with the footages of No way to say, Heaven and Ohia no ki and then “coming soon” lol
I'm calling this too
Old 19th February 2021, 05:03 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
by the way, is there a specific time when the supposed preview is going to air? I must have missed it if there was.
19:00 JST on YouTube.
Old 19th February 2021, 05:13 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

19:00 JST on YouTube.
thank you koumori
Old 19th February 2021, 05:26 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
PLSSSS 💀💀 this is pretty accurate tho lol
Old 19th February 2021, 05:47 PM
Initiate

About new arrangement, I actually think there aren't that many songs after A BALLADS that can be enhanced by new arrangements.

Think about it, YOU got a new arrangement because the original one was too - old-sounding... appears, M, and Who got new arrangement to get rid of the digital vibe so that it fits the rest of the Album, especially the RAINBOW era ephemeral sound.

The only candidate for A BALLADS 2 to get the same treatment is momentum, or maybe Missing, where new arrangement can potentially make those songs more gentle - but I'm not even sure that they will be selected in the first place lol

Some of her most famous ballads such as HEAVEN and Moments are too iconic to be retouched IMO, so yeah I'll understand if there's no new arrangement
Old 19th February 2021, 06:55 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^a rearrangement is not necessary something to improve a song. Every song can be rearranged to have different feeling or totally different style as seen in her tours. Even in her last live M sounded different. Didn't moments have a different arrangement in that one CDL where she paired it with I am? It totally depends on what you want from your songs - you can totally do an complete album with only rearrangements - even of songs that are just a week old. its more like an alternate take on something. Maybe arrangement is also the wrong term, a new mixes are also great. Namies second best of (Love Enhanced) has great examples of that.

As for the production news: i wonder why people here doubted that it has to do with COVID: Since the beginning of the year a lot of releases in the music industry have been pushed back. out of my mind I remember Lana Del Rey and Utada - and (and yes, i now that isn't the case here, but a good example) Vinyls of many albums delay like half a year (Taylors evermore Vinyl won't be shipped out before the end of April - by the time, the album is half a year old). Many musicians and companies already stated that there are issues within the production line, as some things can't be printed in time or at all atm.
Old 20th February 2021, 12:56 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

interesting that they are choosing TV lives for the "reveal". so far we have Moments and JEWEL
Old 20th February 2021, 12:56 PM
Initiate

It is now on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ6gBgCbN4
Old 20th February 2021, 01:01 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I'm so confused right now but I'm also happy we got some Kohaku performances in HD! lol
Old 20th February 2021, 01:03 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Such a strange way to showcase the setlist!

Momentum and Together When were next.

I'm scared this means we won't hear Pray for you today if they just use performances.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2