New live DVD/BD 'ARENA TOUR 2012 ~HLS~' March 8, last of five 15th anni. releases - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th January 2013, 03:38 AM
GREEN Initiate

i really really REALLY!!!! want her to do some singles this year... 1 just 1!!! and then we can have an album at the end of the year... it would kinda fit her pattern anyways with the way she releases music.
Old 25th January 2013, 03:42 AM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I'm kind of expecting a 15th album for the 15th anniversary. Maybe... October/November?
i hope it too... in October! because October is ayu's birthday (and my birthday too )
Old 25th January 2013, 04:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
That is for sure, since they bring so much attention to themselves by complaining reaaallllly often.
It's because the complainers are passionate.
Old 25th January 2013, 04:31 AM
No way to say Initiate

Am I the only one that wants A BEST 3 to be released and out of the way? Releasing it on April 8 would be the perfect way to mark 15 years of unappreciative, entitled and spoilt fans
Old 25th January 2013, 06:29 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

A BEST 3 for April 8 would b great! Follow by the tour. Hoping for Asia tour ^^ hopefully 2 new singles n a new album by the end of the year or early 2014
Old 25th January 2013, 07:08 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I have found it's the opposite around here. Anyone who expresses the least bit dislike or unapproval of something, then they are told to "leave" or "listen to someone else" etc. I know because I 'complain' a lot but it doesn't mean I do not love Ayu or feel like I want to stop listening to her. It's exactly the opposite. Her music means so much to me and it's honestly the stuff I listen to constantly. I just rotate her eras/albums. There's always the kicks I get into where I'll almost "re-discover" love for a past song and it's the first song I play during my workout, first song I play in the car to work, first song I play in the car back home. Right now, that song is 1LOVE for me. When I download a new album by another artist, or have a small kick where I'm listening to a certain song/artist for a week, I then tire of it and return to Ayu. She's the one artist who I feel I can listen to all the time, no matter what mood I'm in, because there's so much to listen to. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her music. It feels like "home" to me.

The 'complainers' are attacked the most.

OMG I just started re-listening to 1LOVE as well

Unpopular opinion: I think I might be the only person who does not want A BEST 3 this year. I still feel weird about the A BEST collections tbh, especially when I think back to how Ayu didn't like how the first one was handled. . . kind of just tainted the entire idea for me. I liked A COMPLETE because that was just epic, but idk about A BEST...I have all the albums up to this point, so if the covers or extra content blow me away I'll buy it.
Old 25th January 2013, 07:39 AM
TO BE Initiate

I hope she releases something else that actually celebrates her fifteen years as a whole.
That's what was so great about A COMPLETE and the Days/GREEN and Mirrorcle World releases featuring anniversary versions of older songs.
It revisited the past, and celebrated her career through every era.

At the moment it feels forgotten.
Not that I'm complaining; I've loved the LOVE again era, it's been great!
But I'd love to see Ayu recognize her previous works in a medium that is not a concert setlist.
Old 25th January 2013, 08:03 AM
Initiate

Not too happy to know about this news though.

Namie-Fans.net
Old 25th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Initiate

I hope this DVD release will include some of the songs that is not from the last show. I need "Letter" live.
Old 25th January 2013, 04:37 PM
poker face Initiate

Ironically this is the first of the anniversary releases that I've gotten remotely excited about (though again and A Classical turned out to be really great) because it was the first ayu show I was able to attend, it was the most incredible, life-changing, surreal experience of my life and I can't wait to relive it with this Blu-ray.

Though I will second krtman's comment that a rerecorded A song for xx would be amazing, especially for POWDER SNOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanJames0 View Post
What is the point of an A Best 3? We have SO MANY complilation albums.

unless they were new vocals
Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
You are too new, you can hardly have correct connotations.
How rude. Just because RylanJames is a new user doesn't necessarily mean he's a "novice fan" and even if he were, he has just as much authority as anyone else on here to have an opinion and make a comment. Plus, he's absolutely right in my view.

Last edited by INSPIREme; 25th January 2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:22 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSPIREme View Post
Ironically this is the first of the anniversary releases that I've gotten remotely excited about (though again and A Classical turned out to be really great) because it was the first ayu show I was able to attend, it was the most incredible, life-changing, surreal experience of my life and I can't wait to relive it with this Blu-ray.
The tour I attened was AT08 and I felt the same way. And I couldn't wait for the concert to be released! But, I don't enjoy watching it as much. I almost somewhat resent the DVD because most of my memories and footage in my head from actually being at the concert have been replaced by what I've seen on film...
Old 25th January 2013, 05:22 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
You are too new, you can hardly have correct connotations.
How about... I've been a fan since 2000 and I completely agree with Rylan? Just sayin'...

I think if they release A BEST 3 it'll be a bad, stupid move since A SUMMER BEST was just released, but releasing A BEST 3 wouldn't be the dumbest thing her marketing people have done lately so I'm not writing it off as a possibility.

A self-cover album would be, in my opinion, the best idea. She hasn't done a self-cover album, and she hasn't done any self-covers at all since her 10th anniversary singles. Her voice and style have changed alot in 15 years and I think revisiting older tracks is something every fan would appreciate. I wouldn't mind a complete re-recording of the "A Song for XX" album since many of those melodies & lyrics are just amazing but her voice & production were so very, very weak at the time. It would remind the world of Ayu's legacy, remind them why Ayu was so amazing when she first showed up, and it would breathe new life into some great tracks - bringing old fans back, while possibly attracting new ones. If not a redo of "A Song for XX", they could use the TA vote to see what older songs Ayu fans like best and use that as suggestions for the album. I mean you did the vote, why not use that information for more than just 7 songs??

But that's too reasonable and the fans would like it too much so it'll never happen.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:25 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
How about... I've been a fan since 2000 and I completely agree with Rylan? Just sayin'...

I think if they release A BEST 3 it'll be a bad, stupid move since A SUMMER BEST was just released, but releasing A BEST 3 wouldn't be the dumbest thing her marketing people have done lately so I'm not writing it off as a possibility.

A self-cover album would be, in my opinion, the best idea. She hasn't done a self-cover album, and she hasn't done any self-covers at all since her 10th anniversary singles. Her voice and style have changed alot in 15 years and I think revisiting older tracks is something every fan would appreciate. I wouldn't mind a complete re-recording of the "A Song for XX" album since many of those melodies & lyrics are just amazing but her voice & production were so very, very weak at the time. It would remind the world of Ayu's legacy, remind them why Ayu was so amazing when she first showed up, and it would breathe new life into some great tracks - bringing old fans back, while possibly attracting new ones. If not a redo of "A Song for XX", they could use the TA vote to see what older songs Ayu fans like best and use that as suggestions for the album. I mean you did the vote, why not use that information for more than just 7 songs??

But that's too reasonable and the fans would like it too much so it'll never happen.
this is say yes
Old 25th January 2013, 05:30 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Have any first-press items been announced yet? I never pre-order DVD's so I don't remember if any have ever been given out with concerts, lol.

Quote:
The tour I attened was AT08 and I felt the same way. And I couldn't wait for the concert to be released! But, I don't enjoy watching it as much. I almost somewhat resent the DVD because most of my memories and footage in my head from actually being at the concert have been replaced by what I've seen on film...
I completely agree. My first concert was also AT08, and I'll watch the TV version over and over again because the concert I went to was the one they filmed for the TV version. But the DVD...I've seen once, only so I don't tarnish the memories I have from being at the concert.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Last edited by polka-dot-jewel; 25th January 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:45 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I think we will see A Best 3 next and the &DVD/Blu-Ray counterpart will be the 2012-2013 countdown live.

On the subject of this release, I hope the Blu-Ray has a slipcover. None of Ayu's have so far, which is annoying as the Namie ones look lovely.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:50 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
That is a major concern of mine admittedly, especially as the final setlist doesn't strike me as an improvement on the one I saw, even though it's very similar. I would've loved to have seen Return Road again and other songs I missed out on like Letter and Last angel. Fingers crossed for their inclusion as bonus features or at least clips in the making of similar to the Tour of Secret DVD.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:50 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post

I don't really get the point of a self cover album... I don't get the point for her on living from her past glory. I can't think of any artist that actually released a self-cover album and IMO it would feel way too decadent.

And it would most likely sell like any of her recent remixes album too.

A Best 3 will be released sooner or later and she has more than enough material to put into it.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th January 2013, 10:53 PM
GREEN Initiate

Now A Best 3 packaged with self covers... that would be nice.
I'm still thinking we might get 3 types of A Best 3, also something along the lines of a Super A Best (that spans all 15 years)
Old 25th January 2013, 11:31 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I don't really get the point of a self cover album... I don't get the point for her on living from her past glory. I can't think of any artist that actually released a self-cover album and IMO it would feel way too decadent.

And it would most likely sell like any of her recent remixes album too.

A Best 3 will be released sooner or later and she has more than enough material to put into it.
I personally see a lot of possible goodness with a self-cover/re-recorded album. Of course I can understand if people feel "meh" about self-covers, because of the previous ones and/or out of worry about what future ones could sound like, but just as with remixes, the self-covers aren't made to replace the old songs. Ayu usually doesn't use the self-covers in her tours/CDLs either (unless it's something completely new with the tour/CDL), as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this).
Like others have mentioned, Ayu's vocals and the general music production were both bad on "A Song for xx" (and to some extent "LOVEppears" too, in my opinion). I loved the 10th Anniversary versions (except for the "Who.." one but my favorite version of that song is the re-recorded version "Across the Universe" on A BALLADS), and I prefer all of them over the originals because I feel that with her added years, Ayu has only managed to unfold the already existing potential in the songs rather than make the songs "anew". Better vocals, better music, but the feelings and messages with the songs are the same, at least in my opinion. Whenever I listen to songs from her earliest albums, I always get the feeling something's missing, that these songs aren't at their full potential. Even an epic classic like "evolution" gives me such a feeling (screech-y vocals, mostly), when that song still is in my top 10-list of favorite Ayu-songs. It's not just a matter of "remixing" songs in my opinion, it's a matter of giving their colors more nuances, if you get what I mean.
At least, that's my opinion on the matter.
Old 25th January 2013, 11:39 PM

I'm truly disappointed.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, arena tour 2012, hotel love songs