[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~LOVE again~ - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2013, 11:47 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
They need to make a documentary and show it on a popular variety program.

People need to see into the life of Ayumi Hamasaki, and they need to see that she isn't just some cute, immature person. She is on top of all of her stuff, she does the tour planning herself, she completely controls her empire - and no one knows this anymore. She needs to come out, and say this is Ayumi Hamasaki. No more lies, or hidden lives... she needs to lay it out on the line.

Every one makes gossip about her. But she NEVER responds to this gossip, unless it's potentially career shattering. She needs to open up about her life, if she wants to get those sales again.

If she doesn't, then she doesn't have to. No one really knows her anymore, she isn't on any program, she doesn't post any video blogs, and the little interaction she does on Twitter now isn't even worth mentioning. She's walled herself into a Fortress, like in the lyrics of Wake me up. Everyone thinks they can get in, but nobody actually gets in. I think even she herself knows the sand castles she built aren't holding.

She needs to change her PR strategy if she wants to continue her career. LOVE again sales are just plain attrocious. For someone who is called Japan's Top Female Star, it's a shame she's selling almost the same amount of albums as a Korean boy group that just came to Japan following the Hallyu Wave. =/

Complete change of PR strategy is called for.
I do find it kinda weird that so far she did not attend any TV shows and sing some of her songs in the latest album... She's like doing the minimal promotion of her album... Maybe because this whole 5 releases are mainly for fans, and she don't wanna it to be too commercial..?

But anyway.... I am attracted to ayumi in the first place is because of her attitude... That she don't really care about anything, and got this kind of "princess" feel... (A bit arrogant, but not really the right word... she just got an attitude). And then i realized that was the point she was being treated as a product in Avex.

Afterwards, she's trying to be herself... instead of a product... But ironically, i sometimes do like her treat herself as a "product" (no offense)... Not so sure why the reasons, but maybe when she is a product, her lyrics came out deeper, and seems to be continuously fighting and finding the path out...
Old 14th February 2013, 12:17 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
They need to make a documentary and show it on a popular variety program.

People need to see into the life of Ayumi Hamasaki, and they need to see that she isn't just some cute, immature person. She is on top of all of her stuff, she does the tour planning herself, she completely controls her empire - and no one knows this anymore. She needs to come out, and say this is Ayumi Hamasaki. No more lies, or hidden lives... she needs to lay it out on the line.

Every one makes gossip about her. But she NEVER responds to this gossip, unless it's potentially career shattering. She needs to open up about her life, if she wants to get those sales again.

If she doesn't, then she doesn't have to. No one really knows her anymore, she isn't on any program, she doesn't post any video blogs, and the little interaction she does on Twitter now isn't even worth mentioning. She's walled herself into a Fortress, like in the lyrics of Wake me up. Everyone thinks they can get in, but nobody actually gets in. I think even she herself knows the sand castles she built aren't holding.

She needs to change her PR strategy if she wants to continue her career. LOVE again sales are just plain attrocious. For someone who is called Japan's Top Female Star, it's a shame she's selling almost the same amount of albums as a Korean boy group that just came to Japan following the Hallyu Wave. =/

Complete change of PR strategy is called for.
I completely agree =)

edit:
Quote:
bh I feel like she is a bit afraid to go to tv nowadays. I watched a video of recent LIVE show and I really felt that she's just forgotten what it is to be a normal person with normal salary who can't afford a 15,000 pound jacuzzi.
I don't think she acts like a DIVA ! I seen FNS and when she finished her performance during MC we can see her seating at the table and she looks very not at her place like she was uncomfortable to be there ! I felt like she didn't appreciate to be there with all other singers around her ! IMO she don't likes that at all because you all know how she is bashed after by people and of course she knows it ! Her staff reads what's people think of her !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 14th February 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 14th February 2013, 01:21 PM
TO BE Initiate

Maybe she's happier with the way things are now?
If she wasn't, wouldn't she of changed it as quickly as she changes wigs? xD

Ayu I think has always been awkward in interviews though. Even back in the day, she always seems so...I don't know how to describe it. She's different to everybody else. She gives off that aura of 'untouchable' even if she acts quite bubbly.
Old 14th February 2013, 01:58 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ yeah, you're right.

the only difference is that she was adored and super-famous those times, 10 years ago, so it was OK for her to behave like that. now I feel like it's a little bit out of place.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 14th February 2013, 03:41 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
Maybe she's happier with the way things are now?
If she wasn't, wouldn't she of changed it as quickly as she changes wigs? xD

Ayu I think has always been awkward in interviews though. Even back in the day, she always seems so...I don't know how to describe it. She's different to everybody else. She gives off that aura of 'untouchable' even if she acts quite bubbly.
If she's happy that way, then it's fine.

During her peak, she was on every TV program that you could find, almost every week putting out her info for the new releases. But I remember watching not for the music, but for her personality. She was different, she said things that were blunt, in a cute way, and her personal love life was completely hidden.

She gave herself to the public, while keeping a certain level of privacy. But the fans were completely okay with this agreement - they got everything they wanted, and Ayu's private life, namely love life, was completely guarded by Avex - there were very few actual scandals that weren't just rumours.

She was known for her insightful lyrics, and her piercing voice, and her charismatic attitude. I went to Countdown Live 2012 - 2013, and I need to tell you that although I felt like she was an artist, she wasn't charismatic, not the way she was. Look at 2000 Countdown Live's Fly High appearance. She is dancing around, making her dancers look lazy, and she can't wait to get out the lyrics, and she is hitting those notes. Fly high in 2012 - 2013, she is struggling to keep up with the energy, even though she's turned the key of the song down one or two semitones, and she seems just bored. It seems she can't wait for the long notes to be over, and overall, she couldn't wait for the live to be over.

One thing that really struck me odd was that she did not even come onto the overhead speaker in Yoyogi Arena to say "thank you very much" after the show, like she normally did to surprise her fans.

I feel like she's lost her fire... it feels like she's a shell of the former self, the one who moved around vigorously, laughing, having the time of her life. I don't know what's going on now, but like...

I just...

You know when you feel like someone can do so much better, and you're so disappointed and defeated that they're not? Even though you support them so much, and think that the next thing they'll do will definitely show the world that she's back? And then you get let down that it doesn't happen? I feel like that soooo much lately and I absolutely hate it.

Get back on those TV programs. God, even that stupid girl from Berryz Koubou is getting more screen time than her... and everyone hates her. And it makes me so angry LOL
Old 14th February 2013, 09:17 PM
End roll Initiate

I think Ayu has always been uncomfortable on TV. I rarely got the impression she genuinely enjoyed being interviewed or taking part in variety shows- she was just good at faking it. That whole Ayu persona thing. From my view it looks very much like Ayu isn't really a people person at all, she only likes it when she's around people she's known for a long time. When it's more in her control if that makes any sense...which I completely understand because I'm EXACTLY the same way. Not to mention whenever she does appear in public people badmouth the crap out of her, is it really any wonder she might want to avoid it?
Not to say I wouldn't want to see her doing some of these things once in awhile. Though we did get the gyoa thing and whatnot and she seems her usual charming, smiling self on both occasions
Old 14th February 2013, 09:31 PM
ayu trance Initiate

maikaru & Kagami you read my opinion lol I completely agree once more !

Old 14th February 2013, 10:24 PM
Voyage Initiate

The public may have an image of her as a "diva" or whatever but she's always good to her fans and that's what matters. Like buying people waiting outside her hotel in London coffees because she was running late and making sure everyone gets something signed and gets a picture.

mi|kshake~
Old 14th February 2013, 10:33 PM
æternal Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
The public may have an image of her as a "diva" or whatever but she's always good to her fans and that's what matters. Like buying people waiting outside her hotel in London coffees because she was running late and making sure everyone gets something signed and gets a picture.
Many people forget that fact.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 14th February 2013, 10:45 PM
SCAR Initiate

for a pop singer of her level, she's incredible with her fans. devotes her music to them, not for sales that are clearly not significant to her anymore.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:35 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
I feel like she's lost her fire... it feels like she's a shell of the former self, the one who moved around vigorously, laughing, having the time of her life. I don't know what's going on now, but like...
I think that deep inside she's very very unhappy. She broke up with Maro, right? And new album's title sounds so desperately "Love again". I'm sure she was very happy when she got new love, but now it seems to be over.

The person who is not encouraged himself can not encourage others.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 15th February 2013, 01:48 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
I think Ayu has always been uncomfortable on TV. I rarely got the impression she genuinely enjoyed being interviewed or taking part in variety shows- she was just good at faking it. That whole Ayu persona thing. From my view it looks very much like Ayu isn't really a people person at all, she only likes it when she's around people she's known for a long time. When it's more in her control if that makes any sense...which I completely understand because I'm EXACTLY the same way. Not to mention whenever she does appear in public people badmouth the crap out of her, is it really any wonder she might want to avoid it?
Not to say I wouldn't want to see her doing some of these things once in awhile. Though we did get the gyoa thing and whatnot and she seems her usual charming, smiling self on both occasions
However on the other side, she is the one who made her talk show. She was the one who decided that she would do a show then, and the outline of it. =[ I think she genuinely enjoyed that show, because she had control over it.

She needs to take control of her entire career once more, like she did before as she mentioned in the CNN Interview for Secret.

Honestly, her happiness and bubbliness seemed so fake in the Gyao Interview and Line Bubble event... like she's hiding her sadness.

Well, there should be a whole new thread for that LOL. But yeah... anyways. Sales are attrocious for an album from Japan's "Top Diva."
I'm quite sad. haha.
Old 15th February 2013, 04:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

^let's just say she's not the top anymore.

i realized this just recently, but the proud days of the ayu fandom in terms of royalty, sales, and presence are long over, perhaps right after Love songs was released. the ayu i see now, is just ayumi hamasaki: a singer, an artist, a long and distant friend. and i guess i'm happy with that?

ayu is not the top anymore. she's nowhere near that now. so let's calm our tits and enjoy ayu's legendary music.
Old 15th February 2013, 05:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
I completely agree =)

edit:

I don't think she acts like a DIVA ! I seen FNS and when she finished her performance during MC we can see her seating at the table and she looks very not at her place like she was uncomfortable to be there ! I felt like she didn't appreciate to be there with all other singers around her ! IMO she don't likes that at all because you all know how she is bashed after by people and of course she knows it ! Her staff reads what's people think of her !
She was sitting at fns???? where? i was looking for her left n right couldnt find her..

do you know which performances she was sitting or which segment? i always thought she got in and got out asap.

Last edited by monochrome99; 15th February 2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:59 AM
ayu trance Initiate

2nd week's 3rd day
Position: #3
sales: 1,627(〃10,046枚)

Quote:
She was sitting at fns???? where? i was looking for her left n right couldnt find her..
I will look ^^

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg0ODU5NjMy.html

255th minutes

Last edited by mizuki-7; 15th February 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:08 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

omg, thats great!!
Old 15th February 2013, 12:06 PM
Lelio Protector

3rd Day
Position: #4

4th Day
Position: #3
Sales: 1,627
Total Sales: 63,111
Old 15th February 2013, 01:44 PM
No way to say Initiate

yaay! bought my copy today ^^ glad she's in top 3 ^^

Old 15th February 2013, 02:34 PM
GREEN Initiate

better than I thought!
I was hoping for top 10! looks like its gonna be in the top 5!
Old 15th February 2013, 02:37 PM
glitter Initiate

Tbh it seems like most if not all physical sales in Japan went to ***** this year.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love again, oricon