[KAT-TUN] The 19th thread ~ 25th single TRAGEDY (10.02) + 26th single UNLOCK (02.03) - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2013, 07:29 AM
UNITE! Initiate

It might be cruel, but as I mentioned it earlier, I also pretty much lost interest in KAT-TUN over the last years. Yes, this makes me sad, but not as much as it would have years ago.
Old 12th October 2013, 08:28 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I was listening to their stuff just now after work & most of them contained JOKER's rapping

I really cannot visualise how their future material will be like , it definitely will not be the same without JOKER that's for sure

And I feel really bad for Kame as he appeared on Sukkiri!! the day after news broke out & the host Kato Koji asked him about Tanaka which I can't imagine how Kame felt when they aired video footages of their concerts with Tanaka :x

Somemore , Kame even thanked the producers who gave him the chance to speak about the matter live on air + Kato Koji even said that Kame was so brave to speak about this

My respect on Kame just increased further big time

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 12th October 2013, 09:26 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Yes, that is exactly the problem Karen. So much of KAT-TUN's past material depends on Kokis contribution. They need new songs soon, because most of the older songs - I just cannot imagine them being performed without the second T - they lost 2 members, and Koki was pretty prominent in their songs.

Tbh I think the one who will most likely be mostly unaffected by this is Kame. He is still one of the favourites of the company and with Yamashita and Akanishi being able to have a solo career I can imagine him doing well without KAT-TUN sooner or later. The real victims of this whole mess are Taguchi, Ueda and Nakamaru. As much as I like them, I think the future might not be as bright for them as for Kame.
Old 12th October 2013, 09:39 AM

Actually the ones I really feel sorry for aside from the members are the fans , especially for those that have been supporting the guys from their pre debut in 2001 until now

At 1st I was shocked at the outcome but after that , I was angry at Tanaka because it's not as if Johnny didn't gave him ample warnings in not moonlighting outside of the agency

The warning signs were already there but Tanaka continued to flout them giving Johnny no choice but to sack him from the group + for him to also leave the company , this duo punishment is even more severe than what Akanishi sustained

Also , I feel that Tanaka didn't spare a thought for the fans & the reminding members as his choice of actions cost him dearly

For example if I've supported them for the past 12 years of my life & for you to just throw that all away down the drain , wouldn't you feel that you've been made a cuckoo if not a laughing stock ?

Then again I'm sure Tanaka has his reasons for moonlighting outside of J&A . Does this indicate/mean he wasn't being paid as much as he was hoping for ? We would never know since all these financial monetary aspects are kept confidential

It's the same with NEWS . Tegomass can continue on their own but if NEWS disband for good , what will happen to Koyama + Shige ?

The way I see it , KAT-TUN should disband . Kame definitely can carve out a solo career on his own as he's still relatively scandal free + he can sing & carry himself well even up to now

And no offense to Nakamaru , Ueda and/or Taguchi but they do not have the drawing star power as much as Kame alone + please don't even bother to re-record old songs without Tanaka , it will be an insult

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 12th October 2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12th October 2013, 09:50 AM
UNITE! Initiate

What I always ask myself, even with Akanishi back then is what exactly is in these contracts and more importantly WHEN are they signed? If they are signed when the boys are very young their parents probably have to do it, and they never know what exactly it is they are signing. When you're an adult you just have different views on your life as at the time when they joined the agency. If they resign as adults, then really lot of this is Kokis fault, but what he thought is best for him, I guess.
Old 12th October 2013, 04:33 PM

The way I see it , Tanaka wouldn't have been moonlighting on the sly if not for the fact that he probably wasn't getting paid enough from Johnny as much as he was hoping for

I don't know how much each of them is paid salary wise but I guess there's a base pay + followed by other external factors , such as solo and/or group endorsements & etc

Old 13th October 2013, 02:55 AM

KAT-TUN to hold Countdown Concert & Release of Mini Album

Quote:
It has been decided that KAT-TUN will hold their first countdown live concert on December 30 and 31 at Kyocera Dome Osaka. A new mini album titled 「楔 -kusabi-」 is also planned for release on November 27.

It was announced on 「Shuichi」 and during the video message that is taken the day before on October 12, Kamenashi commented 「Sorry for things to end up like this. Honestly, it's regrettable. Perhaps there was something more that we could have done instead. There are feelings of complexity and regret. But we will draw the line distinctly, accept the circumstances sincerely and progress forward. 」

Nakamaru who appeared during the live broadcast remarked 「It's a sad outcome. We asked the agency for possibilities in any way if they can recede that, but we were told that it's already been decided. But well personally i have many mixed emotions of sadness and anger. He should have known that there are possibilities for consequences to take place, yet he (Koki) braved the risks and gave priorities to his private life, i have told him this as well. As we have been together for a long time, i felt regretful and sad. As we felt bewildered as well, sorry to let the fans feel the same way. We have been told what is going to happen now that the person in charge of rap is gone, well it is impossible to fill the gap of that person, but we will steadily explore the possibilities that the 4 of us will form.」

The live will start at 18:00 on December 30 and 22:00 on December 31 at Osaka Dome.
http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/5078074.html
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertai...3-1203531.html

Wow ok wasn't expecting this but at least it's a start to a new chapter for the brand new KAT-TUN

that's a 1st for any Johnny's groups I support as I don't recall any other groups that have released mini albums but at least there's finally a new release after so long :3

Makes me wonder if 楔 -kusabi- will include any final material with Tanaka hmm

Old 13th October 2013, 08:04 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I think it's the best decision. And I think it is very unlikely that Koki is on one of these songs. They NEED songs without him, and they need them soon. With new material from themselves and all the solo stuff they probabably can hold their concert, without it being much of a problem. I also think that releasing something so soon and having a concert is probably going to help them in the long run. Good luck KAT-TUN. Now the fans still want to support them, but you'll never know what would've happened if they only released new stuff in half a year.
Old 14th October 2013, 03:47 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Hm this is one of the things I hate about the Japanese idol culture.

They make it sound as if him prioritizing his private life is a bad thing. But the fact is, it's not a bad thing. It's just the silly and completely unneeded rules that such companies have. AKB and HP included. I generally feel bad for a lot of them, especially because had this been a SMAP member, he'd have held a public apology and then continued on with SMAP.

I'm actually glad he kind of did what he wanted. In the end he had to leave KAT-TUN, but if he was doing all that stuff, warning after warning, he probably didn't truly want to be in KAT-TUN. Otherwise a little voice inside would have told him to stop.

Meh, oh well. I'm not too troubled over it, I just feel bad for Koki. Not so much for KAT-TUN, but for Koki.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 14th October 2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 14th October 2013, 09:34 AM
UNITE! Initiate

^Understandable, when Koki is your favourite. Yes, KAT-TUN or at least the members individually will survive in Johnnys. Koki won't, because Johnnys has the power in japanese media. I just don't see him continueing a career, because if you fall out of favour with this company, all your talent won't help you. It really sucks. Just look at Music Station, they have a Johnnys artist every damn week and people who just could be sort of aim for the same fans are never invited. There are a lot of ridiculous rules for the idols, too. Maybe Koki was afraid of leaving on his own, so he pushed the limits until they had to fire him.
Old 14th October 2013, 11:49 AM

KAT-TUN talks about their future activities as a quartet

Quote:
KAT-TUN members made their TV appearance for the first time after the announcement of a former member Tanaka Koki's withdrawal, and talked about their future activities.

Their appearance which was via recorded video, was on NTV's live broadcasting program "Shu-ichi" which a member Nakamaru Yuichi appears as a regular.

In the video, the 4 members first apologized for the recent uproar, and expressed their thoughts, but by the end, they said brightly that they would like to continue their activities positively.

They also revealed that they would release a mini album titled "Kusabi" on November 27th, and would hold their first solo count-down live concerts at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka on December 30th and 31st.

During the program, Nakamaru also expressed his feeling. He also talked about the rap part in their music which Tanaka used to be in charge of.

Nakamaru said, "We are often asked what we would do for the rap part, but just like when we became 5 of us from 6 of us, it is impossible to cover the person. It can never be as good as him. So from here on, we would like to continue our activities while taking our time seeking the strong point of 4 of us." He ended his comment with, "It would be great if our fans continue supporting both Tanaka and 4 of us."
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...ure-activities

Old 14th October 2013, 04:02 PM

New Kame CM for Gogo no Ocha

http://www.beverage.co.jp/gogo/ad_ga...nonsugar_cm12/

Last edited by KarenPang; 14th October 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:44 PM

Covers for Hottake BAND's Sayonara☆Arigatou single

http://www.johnnys-net.jp/page?id=di...il&dataId=2085

I honestly think the covers are too plain :x but I guess sometimes less is more ?

Old 18th October 2013, 12:50 PM

楔 -kusabi- will be released in 3 editions

JACA-5384
KAT-TUN/kusabi[w/ DVD, Limited Edition 1] CDA
2000 yen US$20/99.27 Release Date:2013/11/27
Description:Mini album release from KAT-TUN including the single song used used as theme for drama "Henshin Interviewer no Yuutsu" starring KAT-TUN's member Yuichi Nakamaru and actress Fumino Kimura. Contains a total of 6 tracks. Also comes with "Kusabi" video clip and making of and "Monster Night" video clip on DVD. Jacket is different in each edition. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=JACA-5384
-----------------------------------------

JACA-5386
KAT-TUN/kusabi[w/ DVD, Limited Edition 2] CDA
1524 yen US$15/99.27 Release Date:2013/11/27
Description:Mini album release from KAT-TUN including the single song used used as theme for drama "Henshin Interviewer no Yuutsu" starring KAT-TUN's member Yuichi Nakamaru and actress Fumino Kimura. Contains a total of 5 tracks. Also comes with video. Jacket is different in each edition. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=JACA-5386

JACA-5388
KAT-TUN/kusabi[Regular Edition] CDA
1333 yen US$13/99.27 Release Date:2013/11/27
Description:Mini album release from KAT-TUN including the single song used used as theme for drama "Henshin Interviewer no Yuutsu" starring KAT-TUN's member Yuichi Nakamaru and actress Fumino Kimura. Contains a total of 7 tracks. Jacket is different in each edition.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=JACA-5388

NEOIKT-1007
KAT-TUN/kusabi[w/ DVD, Limited Edition] [Bundled Set of All 3 Editions] CDA
4857 yen US$49/99.27 Release Date:2013/11/27
Description:Complete set release of KAT-TUN mini album including the 3 editions ( JACA-5384, JACA-5386, JACA-5388). *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included. *Note about the shipment: Your order will be processed under the catalog number NEOIKT-1007 until it enters the shipping process. During the shipping process, the catalog number will be switched to actual existing catalog numbers (JACA-5384, JACA-5386, JACA-5388).
External Bonus:KAT-TUN "B2-size poster"
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=NEOIKT-1007

===

Ugh damn you Johnny & to make things worst , it seems that each edition of the mini album will have different tracklist from each other ? o_O

http://www.johnnys-net.jp/page?id=di...il&dataId=2101

And MONSTER NIGHT is a solo sung by Ueda which's so shrewd

I really have no idea which edition/s to get

Old 30th October 2013, 03:22 PM

YesAsia's description of Hottake BAND's Sayonara☆Arigatou single

Quote:
KAT-TUN's Kamenashi Kazuya and Anzenchitai vocalist Tamaki Koji are co-starring in television drama Tokyo Bandwagon this season, and they are teaming up for the first time as Hottake Band for the drama's theme song! Composed by Tamaki, Sayonara☆Arigatou is an light, upbeat rock tune that carries the drama's themes of love and family.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/sayona...info.html?cl=1

Old 2nd November 2013, 01:12 PM

I went to see Kame's Ore Ore today at the cinemas & I took some pics

The movie itself is quite ... interesting . The plot is actually very simple but Japanese being Japanese , they like to make a mountain out of a mole hill so :x

To see 33 different versions of Kame + to hear FACE to Face at the end of the movie , I couldn't ask for more right ? haha

But yeah Kame still got it even up to now , it's no wonder why I liked him much more longer than MatsuJun . He's still great

Old 3rd November 2013, 01:57 AM

Ninki Ratings for the week of 4/11~10/11/2013

Singles

1. 99.00 Hottake BAND - Sayonara Arigatou
2. 81.40 Momoiro Clover Z - GOUNN
3. 68.00 C-ute - Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Ai tte Motto Zanshin
4. 56.00 Kalafina - Kimi no Gin no Niwa
5. 50.00 SID - ANNIVERSARY
6. 41.90 Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Mottai Night Land
7. 36.30 Leo Ieiri - Taiyou no Megami
8. 18.40 UNISON SQUARE GARDEN - Sakura no Ato (all quarters lead to the ?)
9. 15.80 Ailee - Heaven
10. 11.90 the telephones - Don't Stop The Move, Keep On Dancing!!!

Albums

1. 188.00 Lady Gaga - Artpop
2. 121.30 Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne
3. 81.90 Jin Akanishi - #JUSTJIN
4. 23.10 Iwasa Misaki - Request Covers
5. 21.80 Nickelback - The Best Of Nickelback Volume 1
6. 21.10 Ms.OOJA - MAN -Love Songs Covers 2-
7. 14.10 the dresscodes - Band Deshine
8. 14.00 Boom Boom Satellites - EXPERIENCED II -EMBRACE TOUR 2013 Budokan-
9. 13.00 Aobozu - S/Normally

lol the fact that Lady Gaga's ranked #1 next week , must be quite embarrassing for Akanishi ?

And I think Hottake BAND is able to get #1 but we'll see . I like how Sayonara Arigatou sounds like so far , can't wait to get my copy for that

Old 3rd November 2013, 05:08 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Oh dear... Jin Akanishi's #JUSTJIN...behind two North Americans!? Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne!?

I'm not sure if either Hottake BAND or Jin is going to get #1... Momoclo is quite a good competitor as well, but we'll have to see... Hottake BAND, I think, has better chances, but anything can happen...
Old 4th November 2013, 12:00 PM

Jin Akanishi in the December issue of "VoCE"

Quote:
Artist Jin Akanishi is featured in the December issue of VoCE. It has a long interview, spread across 6 pages.

Akanishi wore a black suit in one picture and a cable knit top in another, and sealed his smile -- seemingly straying away from his idol persona.

He talked about the time of his hiatus up to his comeback, as well as his new song "Ainaru Hou e". He also revealed some stuff about his solo works while he was still with KAT-TUN.

Akanishi, the man who stayed true to himself as he continuously broke the "taboos" of being an idol by studying abroad, leaving his group, and getting married... When this topic came up, Jin commented: "I think I've been gradually trying to destroy this 'something' for quite some time now, it's not like I was trying to go up against these so called 'taboos' ". Akanishi naturally commented: "I just thought of growing up freely, normally..."

He also talked about his obsession with composing. He said that he's already used computers in composing since he was 20 and comments: "Were the equipment expensive? It was nothing! Because I was actually earning a lot! At least, to buy these equipment (laughs)."
http://majide2ch.blogspot.sg/2013/10...e-of-voce.html

Old 5th November 2013, 10:42 AM

#JUSTJIN has leaked

http://www.j-mp3.info/2013/11/justji...i-justjin.html

and my copy of Hottake BAND's Sayonara Arigatou has been shipped ! hopefully I can receive it by end of this week !

Also , Tanaka reportedly has a Twitter a/c now

https://twitter.com/koki1105t

The 2 people he has followed so far are his brothers & this seems to be a legit account of his

Last edited by KarenPang; 5th November 2013 at 11:13 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
jstorm, kat-tun