[News] A THEME SONGS -Drama edition- - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 18th March 2015, 01:54 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Not. For. Big. Fans.
Seriously. This.

I swear this coversation happens everytime they release an iTunes compilation
Old 18th March 2015, 02:25 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refix View Post
Useless releases. Every Ayu fans who has her complete discographies can easily make it by themselves.
Ayu has a MONSTROUS discography - who that's new to Ayu, or who liked a couple of drama themes she did but doesn't know what releases they're on, is EVER going to be able to construct her complete discography in order to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
Not. For. Big. Fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyrice
Seriously. This.

I swear this coversation happens everytime they release an iTunes compilation
For real! I think it escapes the realm of logic for a lot of AHS forum members that there IS such a thing as a "casual" ayu fan. Ayu is NOT a "love her or hate her" artist - she has a lot of classic songs that people love, but very few of those people are going to be really into everything she's ever done.

And her career is now long enough that she has a bunch of songs that people vaguely remember but don't have any idea what album it might be on. Tracks on here like LOVE ~since 1999~ and ever free would be REALLY impossible to locate if you weren't a big ayu fan since they're not single A-sides and aren't on any best-of compilations yet.

iTunes allows avex to put these compilations together so the general public can easily find tracks that are sort of buried amidst Ayu's INSANELY gigantic back catalog.
Old 18th March 2015, 04:22 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Would be nice if they remastered the tracks... Especially ones like ever free

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 18th March 2015, 05:00 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post
A THEME SONGS -Anime edition- ?
A THEME SONGS -Movie edition- ?
That would be nice tbh, I guess I would make those playlists for myself to listen to them hahahaha But do ayu has enough movie tie-ins? I also thought of a Games Edition, but I don't know if there's any besides progress and Song 4 u hahahaha

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 18th March 2015, 05:25 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Edit: now my brain is imagining a physical commercial edition with a collection of all her cm tie ups on DVD/BR in HQ with early versions of songs that were potentially used.

I've been dreaming about a potential "demo" album for years!! I would love an album with all the earlier versions of the songs. Like the still alone version that was used in a CM; an album full of those kinds of songs would be great!
Old 18th March 2015, 05:29 PM
I am... Initiate

People underestimate how powerful digital releases can be... They cost very little to release, when compared to physical releases.. So there's a lot less to lose.

And look at it this way: ever free is seeing the light of day again! That's easily one of the best songs she's ever written, and it's astoundingly beautiful. And when have you heard it performed or mentioned, since the 2000 tour?

Maybe now, more casual fans will have the honor of listening to that song. Really though, you'd have never heard it unless you listened to the vogue single.
Old 18th March 2015, 08:50 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesA View Post
People underestimate how powerful digital releases can be... They cost very little to release, when compared to physical releases.. So there's a lot less to lose.

And look at it this way: ever free is seeing the light of day again! That's easily one of the best songs she's ever written, and it's astoundingly beautiful. And when have you heard it performed or mentioned, since the 2000 tour?

Maybe now, more casual fans will have the honor of listening to that song. Really though, you'd have never heard it unless you listened to the vogue single.
"ever free" was played as a back track during A BEST LIVE!

And WTF. There's a lot of selfish people here (surprise surprise...), who are unable to put themselves in other people's shoes.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 18th March 2015, 08:53 PM
Who... Initiate

cover for this one is so cool! i love when they use A logo professionally like this and with that WINTER SELECTION we got last christmas, AMAZING

songs are kinda funny when almost all of them are soo old and then couple of new ones but what can do about it

Last edited by //ABEST; 18th March 2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:07 PM
Daybreak Guardian

People complain too much. I'm glad they're thinking about the possibility of new fans when releasing those compilations. I'm not a huge fan (of them), so I'm not going to have it on my library, but that's all.

Last edited by oaristos; 18th March 2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 19th March 2015, 12:00 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Ayu has a MONSTROUS discography - who that's new to Ayu, or who liked a couple of drama themes she did but doesn't know what releases they're on, is EVER going to be able to construct her complete discography in order to do that?.
My previous comments meant to her fans who has all her discographies. Not new fans or regular person. The list of the drama the songs tied in were already release, so if fans has all her song they just need to compiling it. No need to buy it on iTunes which mean useless releases.
Unless Ayu somehow recycling the songs in slightly different music or sing it with a new vocal. That way it would be much worthy. IMO
Old 19th March 2015, 01:48 AM
Because of You Initiate

This is only a digital release. If people don't like it, choose to ignore it and stop complaining. kthxbye

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th March 2015, 01:55 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refix View Post
My previous comments meant to her fans who has all her discographies. Not new fans or regular person. The list of the drama the songs tied in were already release, so if fans has all her song they just need to compiling it. No need to buy it on iTunes which mean useless releases.
Unless Ayu somehow recycling the songs in slightly different music or sing it with a new vocal. That way it would be much worthy. IMO
But casual fans don't WANT a redone version - they want the version they heard years ago on their favorite TV drama that they can't find.

They want what they heard played during a drama opening or closing years ago but they don't remember the name of it, they only remember it was ayu's voice.

This shows up, and they can hear a clip, ID the song that they liked, and OMG finally after so-many-years they hear the song again and that itch in the back of their brain is relieved!

Seriously, can you NOT put yourself into the shoes of that person? Have you NEVER had a song ring in your head for years but not know who it was or what it was called? I can't tell you how many times I wished someone or something would rescue me from the mild torture of a song ringing in my head for literally years. This compilation is great.

The fact that this release is NOT intended for Ayu fans does not make it useless or pointless or stupid or a ripoff or anything. It makes it a service to casual fans who have a song ringing in their head - this sort of compilation is the kind of idea I've seen fans think up (and in the past, sell bootleg CD-Rs and mix tapes of), but record labels didn't do it because it wasn't profitable enough to do so until digital music was a thing.
Old 19th March 2015, 03:52 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

A DRAMA OVER -Random Drama Compilation-

The cover is nice! It reminded me of how cute the LOVE ~Destiny~ cover is.

Old 19th March 2015, 07:56 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

And, in the end of the day, casual listeners who identify songs they like in the compilation could hear another songs they didn't listen to in the same compilation and maybe give a chance to her new release. These compilations can increase interest on Ayu with people outside her fanbase. D'oh.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th March 2015, 10:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I wish it was physical u_U I'd buy it with a 3d figure of A like the cover

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 20th March 2015, 02:47 AM
Paper Doll Protector

@visionfactory

I know! I really wish it was a physical release too. I can't help it though...this release is actually kinda cool to me. ever free is like some kind of magic song, though. The moment it's mentioned, played, or used, I am unable to complain.

XD
Old 20th March 2015, 05:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
@visionfactory

I know! I really wish it was a physical release too. I can't help it though...this release is actually kinda cool to me. ever free is like some kind of magic song, though. The moment it's mentioned, played, or used, I am unable to complain.

XD
ever free is definitely in my ayu top 10 songs!

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 20th March 2015, 06:25 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Number 12 on Recochoku daily chart
Old 20th March 2015, 08:04 AM
P.S II Initiate

Ever Free, is my all time favourite beside Dearest.
Old 20th March 2015, 08:53 AM
Dolls Initiate

Hm, movie edition...
evolution (Helter Skelter)
Rule (Dragon Ball)
HEAVEN (that one samurai film i dont remember the title)
Voyage (Tsuki...)

I dont really think there were more xd
For anime i only can relate Dearest with Inuyasha

i would love CM compilation with those "slower" and diffrent mixes they used.

Tags
a theme songs, drama edition