TBS 音楽特番 Audience wanted! - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th April 2018, 10:09 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

It was a lot but she's been dramatic for quite some time (I suppose I'm used to it). One remember A Song For ×× AT15.
I understand it can annoy people and yes it used to be less but it has always been a thing she 'likes' doing. But yes, you're right, it was much more than during her early days but like, it's not that new either.

People just always seem so idk like it's a new thing that she's being dramatic.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 12:37 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7entheaven View Post
I think her action is a bit too much. Unbearable even. Since when SEASONS looks like a super difficult song to sing? And those squatting while belting higher notes are really unnecessary. It made her look so uncomfortable. Gone were the days she sings it naturally like for example A Museum.
Actually, Ayu has had trouble singing Seasons for quite a while. Even back when the song first came out, she struggled with consistently hitting the "La-Lai's" in television performances. Seasons really isn't an easy song for her to sing. A Museum happened in 2003 and 2003-2005 was really her vocal golden era; everything seemed effortless.

I overall enjoyed the performances. She put a lot more falsetto into Seasons, because again, it's a struggle to hit that song in full-voice, and I thought the switch to falsetto worked well.

Overall, I liked the stage and performance, but thought Timmy was extremely distracting. Extremely.

I really like both outifts (really one outfit that became two), I just don't think it is that flattering on her body type.

I really appreciate her taking the time to still try to do at least some TV performances. Many artists who have been around as long as her or longer don't really bother much anymore.
Old 8th April 2018, 02:31 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The boss pick up the outfits.
Ayu is the boss.
And somehow people around here still thinks Timmy shows up dressing however he wants and calls it a day.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th April 2018, 03:25 AM
still alone Initiate

I am so happy with this.
She looked so beautiful. Just like in Power Of Music she gave me that musical fairy/goddess vibe. I haven't loved an Ayu look as much as this in quite some time.
Vocals were very very pleasant. I do also feel like they may have done some gentle cleaning up with the vocals. So subtle though, it's hard to tell honestly.
And again with Timmy...
I enjoyed everything else so much though. So happy for Ayu.
Old 8th April 2018, 04:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

"Ayu is being too overdramatic!"

*watches live. Sees Ayu being as dramatic as she has being during performances for the past 20 years or so. Wonder if the ones complaining had actually watched an Ayu performance before".

Old 8th April 2018, 06:35 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

There was a reason why it had to be pre-recorded - scheduling conflict with the start of the latest Arena Tour.

I'll try to watch this as soon as possible, as well as the entire show since there are other artists I'm also paying attention to (including Nogizaka46 and AKB48 who performed new songs on that show as well).
Old 8th April 2018, 09:39 AM
Who... Initiate

i think that performance was beautiful, she looked amazing and her voice was best we have heard in years!

it was heart-warming when she gave her hand to fans, that was really sweet of her and show how much she really cares about her fans

i almost teared up on SURREAL because it just felt like it was celebrating her whole today-20years-old career

at first i was like SEASONS + SURREAL =boring af and was thinking should i even watch it but thank god i watched it!
Old 8th April 2018, 04:45 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The boss pick up the outfits.
Ayu is the boss.
And somehow people around here still thinks Timmy shows up dressing however he wants and calls it a day.
Doesn't matter to me who picks them out; it's distracting from the performance.
Old 8th April 2018, 05:30 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^My point is: Blame Ayu, not Timmy. It's not his fault. It's annoying as fuck always reading people complaining and name calling people from Ayu's team about stuff that Ayu is the only one to blame.

She is the one picking and aproving the outfits. And setlists. And arragments. And choreography. And how much spotlight everyone gets. And concepts.

If Timmy looks like this or that, if he is distracting, if he is too pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~, whatever, its not like he just got into the stage and did whatever he felt like.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 8th April 2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:12 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I'm sorry for bringing this up again: I'm watching this again and the problem is not her being dramatic - we all know she is - and it is fitting for some songs and stages but surely not for SEASONS. SEASONS is a bittersweet song, with a yet soft composition and watching her acting during this like she is in great pain and all just somehow ruins it - at least for me. I agree, she sounds fine for me and I hope nobody feels attacked now but it just does not fit. She once had some sort of accapella version before Days which felt much more ...sincere? I guess that is the main problem - it doesn't just look like acting, it also feels like it.

As for Timmy: How do you know he does not pitch these outfits? I guess he has a pretty big say in this. Being a drag-queen on a big stage and DVDs is nothing a boss can force from you, especially if you don't enjoy it. I guess everybody here is aware that Ayu is the boss and has the last say, but I sincerely think this is mostly his idea and she somehow finds it cool. Nobody said he can come with whatever he wants, but I highly doubt ayu was like "hey Timmy, for my next show I want you to be a big ass drag-queen, mostly naked, in high-heels and spray-tan." Please gurl, that is ridiculous to think.

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 8th April 2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:16 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

He only goes drag for her shows from what I know. Surely he agrees on it and is fine with it but that doesn't mean it's his idea or that he chooses the outfits. IIRC he even stated that it's Ayu who chooses those outfits etc but I'm not 100% sure.
And just because you can't imagine that Ayu would say that or that it's "ridiculous to think" doesn't mean it can't be like that, or do you think her dancers choose their half naked leather costumes too.

Yes, she is likely giving outfit directions etc. and Timmy (or whoever) will wear it as long as they're fine with it. He mpst probably could say no but doesn't because yes, he most probably does like it and definitely is okay with it.

Even if it was his idea (altho I'm pretty sure I read this thing that he stated it's ayu etc.) and he chooses his outfits well then okay but let's not spread (possibly) rumours based of what we think would otherwise be "ridiculous".

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th April 2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:44 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I still think it looks terrible in some areas...and sometimes it does not even fit the rest of the outfits which makes me suspicious.

And "choosing outfits" isn't exactly taking a direction. It actually goes along with what I said. He probably like these kind of stuff for stage outfits and they both saw it in Tokyos gay districts and he/she pitched the idea and at the end of the day she shoes what her stuff brings up based on these ideas. It still does not mean that the idea for everything can come from him and even so...I don't blame him for wearing that but the outfit for being there regardless to who choose it. i couldn't care less about that because I can't adress anyone on this anyways.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:57 PM
still alone Initiate

I actually didn't think she was too dramatic. It was a little bit theatrical here and there but I didn't find it annoying or uncomfortable to watch.
Old 8th April 2018, 09:05 PM
TO BE Initiate

It's not his idea, someone on this forum said Timmy had confirmed (on facebook? Not sure) that it's all Ayu's, not his, and he would never wear something like it himself. The whole look is for the Japanese fans, not for you. That's why you don't understand or like it, because you don't get it and you're not supposed to. I personally don't see the problem, especially to the level AHS has with it, it's just an outfit.
Old 8th April 2018, 09:11 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Actually I've seen some (negative) Japanese posts about him in this CDTV performance on Instagram.
This doesn't have much to do with somebody being Japanese or not, if he or she 'doesn't get it'. In this case it's not a cultural thing imo.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 8th April 2018, 09:15 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Actually I've seen some (negative) Japanese posts about him in this CDTV performance on Instagram.
This doesn't have much to do with somebody being Japanese or not, if he or she 'doesn't get it'. In this case it's not a cultural thing imo.
It is though
Old 8th April 2018, 09:17 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
Just because it's a look from a quarter in Tokyo?
Drag is not solely Japanese and it might be a look associated with this district, but that doesn't make it to a Japanese thing.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 8th April 2018, 09:43 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I looked through the CDTV hashtag on Twitter yesterday and most of Japanese comments about ayu were people being surprised that Timmy stood out so much, from what I understood. So, seems like it doesn't seem natural to Japanese people neither

Although I don't really mind Timmy's outfits that much

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 8th April 2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 8th April 2018, 09:43 PM
TO BE Initiate

Disagree. It's like saying anime/manga aren't Japanese because animation and cartoons aren't solely japanese. There are still cultural differences in them that makes them unique and something only the audience it's aimed for understands better than others.
Old 8th April 2018, 10:08 PM
And Then Initiate

Ok, since my post showed here (I'm not offended or anything Machiko :p) I'll try to explain myself because in this particular performance it's not exactly like I said.

I think the whole Timmy thing works in Ayu's concerts because it's her audience, but TV is a different thing. Gay culture is not well seen in Japan so I'm not surprised for the bad comments in social media about Timmy's outfit. Although I totally respect Timmy's outfit in Ayu's concerts I think in this performance it's out of context. But not only him, all of back chorus. Because the whole performance is like... white.

Watching the performance I had the feeling that Ayu's doesn't care about TV anymore. The last performances she has done could be from any tour. Even her mood is very "concertish" cheering people and all the uh! things she screams.

Last edited by yabieru; 8th April 2018 at 10:16 PM.