[Utada Hikaru] ☆ Goodbye Happiness in Utada Hikaru's 45th Thread ☆ - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th April 2012, 03:48 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Alright whatever I see I am going nowhere with this.
Old 19th April 2012, 04:11 PM
I am... Initiate

Well, you haven't really said anything but "he's popular, he MUST be good!". The artists you listed are far from incredible vocalists and all have major technique flaws that a vocal coach should get rid of within weeks with the exception of Gaga, who still uses flawed technique at times but only in really few songs because they require it. If he is really great, these are just uncoachable singers then.
Utada can't stay on pitch(the least fixable of the problems, pitch is by far the hardest of the "technical" aspects of singing), Christina has no control and no proper support, Mika has similar problems...and they all sing out of their range. He may be going for an ideal with his coached singers, he does NOT go for correct/healthy technique apparently.
(Of course there is always the possiblity that the coached singers simply do not want to use healthy technique since it will sound differently, I believe that's the case for Christina)

Last edited by isthisLOL?; 19th April 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 19th April 2012, 04:39 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I see I see, I was not clear enough. This guy is the most saught after vocal coach, BUT I do agree with you, just becuase a coach is popular doesn't make them good). However, he is good, I can tell you that. I said those artists because you guys know them and they were off the top of my head. He's a legend in the community. He is vocal coach/ was vocal coach to BONO of U2, Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys, and Mick Jagger. Perhaps I should have stated more in my initial post. I am not saying Hikki's or any of those artists vocals are perfect I was just saying that he is pretty renowned/talented, so at one point in her life she was getting proper vocal lessons. These singers perhaps are not taking all their techniques from the lessons (For example, Gaga no longer coaches with him he is simply her mentor of kinds, Christina got lessons from him at the beginning of her career)

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 19th April 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 19th April 2012, 04:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Now u impressed me xD Only needed the right examples ^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th April 2012, 04:50 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Lol I know I am sorry I wasn't clear enough and it just came off as me saying he is popular LOL
Old 19th April 2012, 04:59 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I'm listening to Wild Life without watching it... Most of it doesn't sound like a live concert x_x I guess heavy editing does this kind of stuff

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th April 2012, 05:06 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Yeah, I can't stand when you can tell they put the vocals through pitch correction, its like so obvious haha Its basically just glorified autotune
Old 19th April 2012, 06:30 PM
I am... Initiate

OK, those are good examples. I guess the examples before might really be of the "learned it, but not gonna apply it" type.
Old 20th April 2012, 03:53 AM
from your letter Initiate

The best example of autotune is Take 5. COMPARE.

LIVE

STUDIO

Hear the beauty of autotune? But god forbid shes human and a wonderful composer none the less.

Youtube.
Old 20th April 2012, 05:00 AM
monochrome Initiate

Got to keep in mind that most of the songs we listen to from Hikki are from when she was a teenager, close to 10 years ago. Her voice has changed and to me, it's deeper, she can't hit the high notes as well ( especially after UU), but I still love her voice. She is getting older and I hope she will take lessons to preserve her singing voice, but it's not like she's really singing all the time lol.

Her technique has always been crap, but she does sound really good for how long she's been singing.
Old 20th April 2012, 05:17 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Personally, my first concert was UU...and her vocals never really seemed that bad to me. I know I didn't pay as much attention back then though

but meh. I always say, if I can handle Ayu, I can handle anything.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 20th April 2012, 06:42 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Hikki was never the best live singer since the beginning. I remember I heard First Love on music station and thought it wasn't as good as the studio recording (and I wasn't really a hikki fan until 3 months after - the release of ATY). I think the last 5 songs she made tho (single collection vol. 2) were in her range, so actually she did really good on those songs. And after hearing Wild Life, I think her voice was getting better actually. (Yeah I repeated my post again and again lol. Forgive me).

So do we want less attractive songs from hikki but she could comfortably sing them, or should she go for wild songs, like BLUE?
Old 20th April 2012, 08:53 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

We went over the 500 post limit

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...88#post2854788
Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, singles collection 2, utada hikaru