[Utada Hikaru] Finishing the Decade with a Bang in her 39th Thread - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Curtain call Initiate

I love the first post but the banner made me said
I felt like she died or something T.T
Old 12th September 2010, 02:56 PM
Who... Initiate

This Is The One sold 242,657 in Japan and around 35,000 in the US for a total of about 277,657, a lot more than 200,000. =P

This is according to wiki though, but their numbers seems legit.

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 12th September 2010, 04:17 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I dun even know if she tried hard at all to "please" the american audience. If so, she should go to countless tv shows/radio. She basically didn't really promote her stuff at all.
I rounded lol.

I don't mean she was trying hard to please the audience with promotion. I meant her music style. She seemed too eager. I mean she even named her album "This Is The One". as in "This will be my album that will do amazingly in American and make me most known." Her music style sounds different from the rest of her albums and it sounds too american-ish for her standards. Like she's trying to hard to make it sound generic. The first album she did all by herself (with the help of timbaland on 2 songs, and he did remix wonder 'bout for the album) but it really was her. This album was half composed by tricky stewert and her. You can tell too, It just doesn't feel like her work. In interviews and stuff for exodus she even seemed very proud of what she accomplished with her first american album. This one though, doesn't feel like she's all spazy about it. I even feel like naming it "This Is The One" indicates that she didn't like how the first one turned out so she's trying again and decided to hire some composers to make it even more american sounding to assure it will do better with sales.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 12th September 2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12th September 2010, 07:17 PM
Liar Initiate

I think TITO covered all the ground it had to. It was the album to complete her obligations to IDJ with. It sold decently worldwide considering the current state of album sales....and in the US it wasn't a total flop like the last one. I thought TITO was a nice sounding album....kind of weird lyrics but none can beat EXODUS there....it definitely was not one of my favorites from her but oh well.
Old 12th September 2010, 07:39 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I wouldn't give TITO excuses for selling so low compared to Exodus. Its just not that great of an album. It has a few great songs and a bunch of average ones imo. It doesn't all compare to her other works from Deep River- Heart Station.
At leats it was generic and comtemporary so imo it fit in a lot better with mainstream japan with that pop/r&b sound so it had a chance at selling more imo. It just didn't for any reason.
I totally regret wasting my money on that album. I shouldve bought something else

Anyhow I only hope these songs are much much better. It would be nice to appreciate the awesomeness of hikkis recent releases again

Also. Why is anyone worried about the sales? Its. A singles collection with new songs including. if it sold less than to LOVE then japan has gone haywire and has changed a lot.
So go hikki!! <3 (poor actual studio albums...just keep getting knocked further and further from the higher positions. All these bests.)

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 12th September 2010, 10:23 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawbariSnowAyumi View Post
I totally regret wasting my money on that album. I shouldve bought something else
You're in the US, you could've bought that album for like $10 at Wallmart or something. And that version even has better bonus tracks than the expensive Japanese edition-with-the-crappy-remixes I had to import.

Hey, that got me thinking.. Wasn't she supposed to give TITO a British/European re-release like Exodus?
Old 12th September 2010, 11:43 PM
rainy day Initiate

I ordered it off amazon in the U.S. just for the sake of supporting Hikki with sales and I totally regret it. Lol.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:07 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

This Is The One is one of my favourite albums lol. It was nice to see her take on that kind of music. I don't think I'll ever get over how amazing Poppin' is.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I ordered EXODUS off of Amazon... I think it's better than This Is The One. o_o;

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 13th September 2010, 12:23 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Geez I think I'm behind the JPop industry now.. I didn't know what "to Love" is until I searched on wiki.. I dun even know who Kana Nishino is until now... Is she really popular in Japan?

Anywayz... let's be honest. If SC2 cannot sell over 500K overall, it will be a total failure for hikki. Not to compare her sales with anyone except herself, 500K for a best album (esp from top artists like her) is kinda like a nightmare. In addition she has 4 -5 new songs for this album. Can't imagine how I would feel if SC2 first week sales is less than... 300K. (finger cross and touch wood...)
Old 13th September 2010, 12:26 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Geez I think I'm behind the JPop industry now.. I didn't know what "to Love" is until I searched on wiki.. I dun even know who Kana Nishino is until now... Is she really popular in Japan?

Anywayz... let's be honest. If SC2 cannot sell over 500K overall, it will be a total failure for hikki. Not to compare her sales with anyone except herself, 500K for a best album (esp from top artists like her) is kinda like a nightmare. In addition she has 4 -5 new songs for this album. Can't imagine how I would feel if SC2 first week sales is less than... 300K. (finger cross and touch wood...)
But why wouldn't it sell? Ayaka's best (another pre-hiatus release) sold pretty well, no? Utada + hiatus + flavour of life = ching ching
Old 13th September 2010, 12:29 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
But why wouldn't it sell? Ayaka's best (another pre-hiatus release) sold pretty well, no? Utada + hiatus + flavour of life = ching ching
Old 13th September 2010, 02:07 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
NEWS: coming soon.

of course.
Of course. -__-

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 13th September 2010, 03:40 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Exodus is 1000000x better than TITO.

In TITO I felt like she was trying too hard.
Whatever is my opinion and I think is her only worst album.
Old 13th September 2010, 05:25 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

TITO was amazing, except for automatic part II and poppin'.

People expect too much.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 13th September 2010, 10:55 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Sometimes things may not meet the expectation. I'm trying not to set the hope too high. Last time I really thought ULTRA BLUE would sell over 750K AT LEAST on the first week (according to hikki's selling power in the past), but it ended up selling something half a million only. I was a bit disappointed in the end.

Of course I would set my expectation of SC2 to 500K on the first week.. but looking at the present sales pattern, it may not be able to get that amount of copies.. Oh well, I shouldn't think too much when the release date is not even announced..
Old 13th September 2010, 02:38 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Sometimes things may not meet the expectation. I'm trying not to set the hope too high. Last time I really thought ULTRA BLUE would sell over 750K AT LEAST on the first week (according to hikki's selling power in the past), but it ended up selling something half a million only. I was a bit disappointed in the end.

Of course I would set my expectation of SC2 to 500K on the first week.. but looking at the present sales pattern, it may not be able to get that amount of copies.. Oh well, I shouldn't think too much when the release date is not even announced..
Well... new times, new standarts... Even if it sells around 500k, considering overall japanese sales, it would sell amazingly well... even TITO sold pretty well in Japan considering overall sales of 2008...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 13th September 2010, 03:45 PM
BEST Initiate

Just don't aim for anything too high. Aside from Arashi, no one has had amazing first week sales (AKA 500+) for quite some time. Even ayaka's compilation that has sold around 930k so far opened with "just" 340k.

I'm pretty sure she'll hit a million. At least, when the promotion's done right and the new songs are digital hits. Knowing Hikki though, they probably will be.
Old 13th September 2010, 06:37 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
TITO was amazing, except for automatic part II and poppin'.
Agreed 100%, I don't like that song.

Poppin' is my guilty pleasure, though..
Old 14th September 2010, 02:10 AM
Liar Initiate

I really like On and On.....should've been a single....
Closed Thread

Tags
goddess, hikaru utada, storm, utada hikaru