[Utada Hikaru] Songs of Utada Hikaru | the 51st thread - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2014, 01:26 PM
Greatful days Initiate

started with ayu's and I like both her and Hikki's

am i the only one who dislikes flavor of life? Hikki's much better - ok my favorite is still the ballad version.

AI's final distance sounded like an extension of Hikki's

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 9th December 2014, 06:04 PM
Curtain call Initiate

SAKURAドロップス: It's ok.
Letters: No Shiina, sit down. Worst part was the end parts.
Automatic:
Movin' on without you: Her voice sounds over processed just like Hatsune Miku's.
Flavor of Life: ugh no.
Final Distance: you're a girl or a boy?
Be My Last: ........
光: oooooh wow kinda nice.
For you: ok wtf is this?
Stay Gold: ..................
time will tell:
Keep Tryin': my favorite!
Sanctuary: nope nope nope
Old 9th December 2014, 06:42 PM
Replace Initiate

I've listened to the album twice and my personal opinion that it is very very boring, and the arrangement of the songs killed their vibe. from all the covering people, I know only Ayu, Miliyah and BONNIE PINK. to be honest, to me only Ayu cover sounds normal and fun, others are bleh
Old 9th December 2014, 07:02 PM
monochrome Initiate

Y'all act like you've never heard a contralto sing before lol.
Old 9th December 2014, 07:07 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
SAKURAドロップス: It's ok.
Letters: No Shiina, sit down. Worst part was the end parts.
Automatic:
Movin' on without you: Her voice sounds over processed just like Hatsune Miku's.
Flavor of Life: ugh no.
Final Distance: you're a girl or a boy?
Be My Last: ........
光: oooooh wow kinda nice.
For you: ok wtf is this?
Stay Gold: ..................
time will tell:
Keep Tryin': my favorite!
Sanctuary: nope nope nope

uhm? you are weird. AI sounds nothing like a male vocalist at all, just a really low registered female voice which is obvious.
And even if I#m biased towards Miliyah, the song hasn't changed much as I said, since it sounded like a Miliyah track before (like a song Miliyah would produce)...so even if you don't like it, you reaction is kinda strange.

as for the others...I dunno...some poeple have just differenet tastes, I just wish they would express them more...sophisticated? Like Shiina - I guess I kinda understand that her voice is polarizing, so I wouldn't force anyone to listen to her....but the production of letters is really really good.

As for my part, only automatic is kinda iffy for me. Dunno, it sounds kinda unbalanced or something. Miliyahs recent cover was way better.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:23 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I'm listening to the album right now (playing Flavor of Life at this moment). I just realize that... It's very very Japanese earthy driven. I dunno how to explain it, but they are not typical mainstream JPop style. To me, the arrangements of the songs create visuals/sceneries, and this is usually something non-mainstream singers do. FoL is a really good one for example. the atmosphere somehow gives me a vibe of what life tastes like (I feel like i'm walking around a surreal forest when listening to that song). Surprisingly Automatic is really good as well, I got the feeling of "I dunno what to do when my heart is doing things itself". Everything is good until AI. Not that her vocal is bad, but that scenery vibe is gone and replaced by typical gospel feeling (maybe I dun really like gospel? ). Be My Last is fine, and Hikari is... quite good actually.

Keep listening now..

Edit 1: For You is a bit too typical, sounds exactly like hikki's version, except the middle "Give Me A Reason" surprise lol. Give me a reason to show you...

Edit 2: the album is doing well on recochoku . Currently daily no. 1 on album chart. A BEST is no. 4... and it is also weekly no. 3

Last edited by bluegie; 9th December 2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:31 PM
forgiveness Initiate

I honestly quiet enjoy the album although I do realize some of covers feels idk weird or boring or dull, but I personally enjoy a slow guitar like the one in FoL or a slow piano in Stay Gold. I like most of the album but yes it's weird when there's only a few known singer there, wonder why.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:16 AM
too late Initiate

I so far like
Be My Last
SAKURA Drops
Movin on without you
FINAL DISTANCE
Old 10th December 2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
I honestly quiet enjoy the album although I do realize some of covers feels idk weird or boring or dull, but I personally enjoy a slow guitar like the one in FoL or a slow piano in Stay Gold. I like most of the album but yes it's weird when there's only a few known singer there, wonder why.
There are several singers were quite well known back then. At least I know who BONNIE PINK and LOVE PSYCHEDELICO are (I always saw their names during 2000 - 2003 when I was really into JPop). Yosui Inoue is really well known as well. I guess they are not that popular anymore. I admit that it seems like ayu is the most famous artist on the list, but hey I have no complain as long as hikki's songs are covered well, which most did .
Old 10th December 2014, 01:10 AM
Secret Initiate

The instrumentation in the Be My Last cover is SO beautiful but I cannot stand the guy singing.
Old 10th December 2014, 01:34 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
uhm? you are weird. AI sounds nothing
like a male vocalist at all, just a really low registered female voice which is
obvious.

And even if I#m biased towards Miliyah, the song hasn't changed much as I
said, since it sounded like a Miliyah track before (like a song Miliyah would
produce)...so even if you don't like it, you reaction is kinda strange.

AI sounds like a male to me but whatever I don't listen to her and I don't like Miliyah's voice she sounds bored in this song.

"the song hasn't changed much as I
said, since it sounded like a Miliyah track before"

The song sounds like a Hikki's song because it is.

Your reaction to my reaction is weird.
Old 10th December 2014, 01:43 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
uhm? you are weird. AI sounds nothing like a male vocalist at all, just a really low registered female voice which is obvious.
And even if I#m biased towards Miliyah, the song hasn't changed much as I said, since it sounded like a Miliyah track before (like a song Miliyah would produce)...so even if you don't like it, you reaction is kinda strange.

as for the others...I dunno...some poeple have just differenet tastes, I just wish they would express them more...sophisticated? Like Shiina - I guess I kinda understand that her voice is polarizing, so I wouldn't force anyone to listen to her....but the production of letters is really really good.

As for my part, only automatic is kinda iffy for me. Dunno, it sounds kinda unbalanced or something. Miliyahs recent cover was way better.
agree...I also don't think ayu sounds "processed" whatsoever.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 10th December 2014, 02:26 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
agree...I also don't think ayu sounds "processed" whatsoever.
Lol, ok it's not OVERLY processed but seriously there is some processing there.
Old 10th December 2014, 02:43 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

@Nintendo: I feel you. When the song opened I was like But then all the actual music started lol

That guy is quite well known.

Most of these people are pretty respected as music makers, but I doubt that people like most of us in these forums would know them considering our tastes.

I like Ayu's song, but now that I look over the whole album and how Japanese (bluegie ) it is, it soooo doesn't fit at all

aaand brb going to go get all of the stuff by Kirinji.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th December 2014, 03:06 AM
æternal Initiate

I wonder if anyone here knows how the album is doing on charts?

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 10th December 2014, 04:27 AM
still alone Initiate

I was sort of interested in the Love Psychedelico cover of Hikari but it wasn't that good. =(... That's a shame since I love their song Last Smile.

Old 10th December 2014, 06:01 AM
Greatful days Initiate

The arrangement of Be My Last is the best thing on the whole album. Ugh I wish Hikki's version had sounded like that (but I still love her's too!) I really do like the whole album though except for the few that were destroyed.
Old 10th December 2014, 06:04 AM
æternal Initiate

I honestly am touched with the Flavor of Life cover. Not until the bridge!! yghhh wish that part didn't happen at all.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 10th December 2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
Most of these people are pretty respected as music makers, but I doubt that people like most of us in these forums would know them considering our tastes.

I like Ayu's song, but now that I look over the whole album and how Japanese (bluegie ) it is, it soooo doesn't fit at all

aaand brb going to go get all of the stuff by Kirinji.
I recognize 井上陽水, ringo, ayu, AI, LOVE PSYCHEDELICO, and BONNIE PINK for sure (note I seldom listen to their songs tho except ringo and ayu). I heard KIRINJI before as well. That's all I know from the artists' list. I'm glad they didn't use lots of popular singers, and the result was way better than I had expected. I really really love the Japanese earthy feel () of this album.

Actually now think about it you're right . Ayu's song is quite normal (in terms of arrangement) compared to the others. And to make it worst they put her song in the beginning of the album. The EDM arrangement is so out of place compared to the first three tracks and the following track (FoL). If her song was placed after FoL, that would be better because AI's arrangement is quite un-Japaneesy as well (lol).

Then again, I guess if everything is too Japaneesy, people may get bored. So yeah, randomly through Movin' on without you after the weirdness is probly a good idea .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
I wonder if anyone here knows how the album is doing on charts?
It's daily no. 1 on recochoku album chart. Even A BEST is on the chart (no. 4). Movin' on without you is currently no. 3 on single, and no. 7 on uta.
Old 10th December 2014, 02:17 PM
Far away Initiate

If anyone hasn't know yet, the Hi-Res Audio version of SCV1-2 was released yesterday on mora.jp. Each track is 514 Yen, and downloadable in 96bit/24Khz (compared with the regular FLAC from CD rip which is has a maximum 44Khz/16bit).

Single Collection Vol. 1 : http://mora.jp/package/43000006/00600406550651/
Single Collection Vol. 2 : http://mora.jp/package/43000006/00600406550866/

I want to buy single track of "Be My Last" to test, but my Credit Card rejected, I think it'll need a CC from International Bank / Japan Only bank *sigh*
Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru