[Miliyah Kato] invites you to embrace LIBERTY in thread #7 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 14th March 2016, 04:32 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utena View Post
I received my copy yesterday, I really like the packaging. I've also uploaded the scans here: http://kumonoito.net/scans/thumbnails.php?album=297
Those pictures are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Old 15th March 2016, 01:24 PM
still alone Initiate

A- miliyah's fashion is almost 100% on point. Contrary to most artists that dress well, miliyah actually is fashionable not simply following trends and classic tropes. I love Ayu but Ayu wearing a cute black dress and some Louboutins doesn't make her fashion good it just means she can dress herself at the most basic levels. miliyah is probably one of the few breaths of fresh air in terms of fashion, having fun, and exploring styles. Look at brands like vetments, Craig green, yohji, acne, miliyah's style is actually quite on point. So I dunno what all this talk about her fashion team failing.

Second point, the idea that a female artist can have her peak and then recover sales based on the quality of her music is literally almost non existent in j-Pop... Once you release your 3 albums and your 1 compilation your sales drop massively, unless your going on to become one of the legends of Japanese music.

Last point: I love this album <3 it's so amazing. Can't stop listening to ittttt

set made my me

Old 15th March 2016, 03:48 PM

^I agree, I really lover her style.
Old 18th March 2016, 04:31 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
Once you release your 3 albums and your 1 compilation your sales drop massively, unless your going on to become one of the legends of Japanese music.
Best compilation is like test: are you worth to still invest in you. If your "best" will sell poorly you'll loose your contract or eventually they'll try to extremely change your image and music style to rise sales this way. If your "best" will sell well it'll strenghten your position on the music market and give you chance to continue your music career. I could give in this place multiple examples of singers for who best compilation was actually the true beginning of a career.
Old 20th March 2016, 10:25 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
Best compilation is like test: are you worth to still invest in you. If your "best" will sell poorly you'll loose your contract or eventually they'll try to extremely change your image and music style to rise sales this way. If your "best" will sell well it'll strenghten your position on the music market and give you chance to continue your music career. I could give in this place multiple examples of singers for who best compilation was actually the true beginning of a career.
If you could actually give me examples I'd be really interested! I love statistics so I'd love to check them out. Apart from the legends of jpop and even them are suceptible to the trend. By going down hill I mean their album sales, if your referring to their musical career as a whole that's a different thing tho!

set made my me

Old 20th March 2016, 11:38 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
Oh Lord, Amuro Namie is the penultimate example of a Best relaunching an artist's entire career. BEST FICTION is still such a huge deal in terms of solo Best albums.

A few examples for artists who declined significantly after a Best album (in bold) are:

Ai Otsuka:
2007 - Ai AM BEST - 750k
2008 - LOVE LETTER - 180k

MIKA NAKASHIMA:
2005 - MUSIC - 550k
2005 - BEST - 1.2M
2007 - YES - 300k

Kana Nishino:
2011 - Thank you, LOVE - 380k
2012 - Love Place - 350k
2013 - Love Collection - 600k (Two-Disc Release)
2014 - with LOVE - 250k
2015 - Secret Collection - 250k (Two-Disc Release)

YUI:
2008 - I LOVED YESTERDAY - 480k
2008 - MY SHORT STORIES - 270k
2010 - HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN - 315k

Utada Hikaru:
2002 - DEEP RIVER - 3.6M
2004 - Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol. 1 - 2.6M
2004 - Exodus - 1M
2006 - ULTRA BLUE - 900k
2008 - HEART STATION - 1M

We shouldn't discount that HEART STATION actually sold far more than the million Oricon counted. If we average out the online sales for every song (15M / 5 [a single song download is about 1/5th the cost of a full album]), HEART STATION actually generated almost 4M in physical-equivalent sales. But still, her overall sales declined sharply after Single Collection Vol. 1.

There are sooo many more good examples. I'm just tired of sifting through wiki data.

Edit: Just to clarify I used the standard cost of 3,990Y for a full CD and 750Y for a single song download.

-> <-

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 20th March 2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 17th April 2016, 10:40 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

The tour started, is there a stelist?
Old 26th April 2016, 12:10 PM
Two of us Initiate

^Here you go!
I saw DRAMATIC LIBERTY tour 2016 last night, it was fantastic! Great show, great energy, pretty decent setlist and interesting performances. Think Madonna meets Grimes with a hint of Kylie and some typical messy Miliyah. The crowd were a little bit dead but I didn't mind, I ended up having a fantastic view being in the front row on the 3rd level - got to see the whole stage unobstructed. Great screen visualisations and props (a mechanical unicorn being my favourite), but the outfits were messy. Her vocals were on point. Nearly all the old songs were half/short versions though which was annoying, but most of the songs (including latest album tracks) were re-worked for the tour which was nice.

They were really pushing the new album though, she spoke about it in her one MC, they had signs trying to get people to buy it everywhere, they played the CM for it after the show... they seemed quite desperate (trying harder than I'd ever seen at a show before).

I hung around afterwards with 50~ people, Miliyah came out about 1 hour after the show finished. She was nice enough to actually get out of her minivan and say hi and thank everyone for coming out and hoping we had fun and waved at us and then left, which was nice. She looked so cute!

Setlist:
Pre-show DJ set
M.U.S.E.
00. Opening (video montage)
01. WANNA BE
02. デアー ロンリーガール
03. I miss you
04. FASHION
05. Lonely Heart
06. MIRROR MIRROR (video montage)
07. LIBERTY
08. This is my party
09. Love / Affection
10. うたかたの日々
11. Never call me again
12. dancer interlude
13. H.I.K.A.R.I.
14. 天国のドア
15. Want You Back
16. 女神の光
17. Love is...
18. CLIMAX (video montage / dancer interlude)
19. 少年少女
20. リップステイック
MC
21. 今夜はブギー・バック
23. Higher
24. HEART BEAT
25. ピース オブ ケイクー愛を叫ぼうー
E1: FUTURE LOVER-未来恋人-

I audio-recorded the whole show but my soundcloud isn't letting me upload it ...

Pic of the stage after the show: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEoChlaF-4d/
Compulsory pic with Miliyah display: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEoC3o0F-5I/

CDL 2010.12.31 * CDL 2011.12.29-31 * AT 2012.07.28, 08.11-12
AT 2013.07.13 * CDL 2014.12.30-31 * AT 2015.06.06-07
TA 2015.10.19-20 * AT 2016.05.15 *AT 2017.06.17-18, 29

Old 26th April 2016, 06:09 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I completely forgot to listen to LIBERTY when it came out...I remembered randomly yesterday and listened to the album on my way in to work this morning and HOLY SHIT IT'S PHENOMENAL. idek what my favorite tracks are yet but I see this album getting a lot of replay for me this summer and I can't wait to pick up a copy when I'm in Japan in a couple of weeks.

edit: My only complaint is Piece of Cake...that song has absolutely no place on this album
Old 28th April 2016, 07:13 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELian View Post
^Here you go!
I saw DRAMATIC LIBERTY tour 2016 last night, it was fantastic! Great show, great energy, pretty decent setlist and interesting performances. Think Madonna meets Grimes with a hint of Kylie and some typical messy Miliyah. The crowd were a little bit dead but I didn't mind, I ended up having a fantastic view being in the front row on the 3rd level - got to see the whole stage unobstructed. Great screen visualisations and props (a mechanical unicorn being my favourite), but the outfits were messy. Her vocals were on point. Nearly all the old songs were half/short versions though which was annoying, but most of the songs (including latest album tracks) were re-worked for the tour which was nice.

They were really pushing the new album though, she spoke about it in her one MC, they had signs trying to get people to buy it everywhere, they played the CM for it after the show... they seemed quite desperate (trying harder than I'd ever seen at a show before).

I hung around afterwards with 50~ people, Miliyah came out about 1 hour after the show finished. She was nice enough to actually get out of her minivan and say hi and thank everyone for coming out and hoping we had fun and waved at us and then left, which was nice. She looked so cute!
I'm SO jelly you saw her live and got to kind of.. meet/see her (if you will)!

~~~~

I've been listening a lot to Thelma's 'One Day feat AI and Miliyah'. I am not that familiar with Thelma's discography, but I feel like that song could of been on a Miliyah album.
Old 28th April 2016, 08:54 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

tbqh, it's basically the same....only less risky, less inspired and less good.
Old 29th April 2016, 03:26 PM
Two of us Initiate

Audio from the show I went to. https://soundcloud.com/goldtransam29/m-dlt16-425-kyt

I'm gonna take it down in a few days so be quick if you wanna listen! Show starts after about 20 minutes.

CDL 2010.12.31 * CDL 2011.12.29-31 * AT 2012.07.28, 08.11-12
AT 2013.07.13 * CDL 2014.12.30-31 * AT 2015.06.06-07
TA 2015.10.19-20 * AT 2016.05.15 *AT 2017.06.17-18, 29

Old 29th April 2016, 10:36 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ thanks!

KUMONOITO.NETDEVIANTART.COMTWITTER

Old 30th April 2016, 07:15 AM
Interlude Initiate

Thank you so much

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 30th April 2016, 09:38 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Talking

thanksss for the audio
Old 30th April 2016, 07:35 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

thanks for sharing the audio.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 11th July 2016, 05:40 PM
still alone Initiate

This is random but
I was at my university vs another university soccer match and then half time came and the half time act ended up being Miliyah Kato, spazzed cuz I had no idea!!
She performed with the cheerleaders one song i didn't recognize and Future Lovers,

it was funny and she was still promoting her tour to the audience

set made my me

Old 11th August 2016, 04:52 PM
SEASONS Initiate

LIBERTY Tour will be broadcasted on August 19th on Space shower countdown, does anyone knows how to watch this overseas? Will anyone record this?
8/19(金)22:00~23:00放送
『SPACE SHOWER COUNTDOWN』の中で、
先日開催された加藤ミリヤ “DRAMATIC LIBERTY” tour 2016
のライブ映像がオンエアされます。

Also, new single announced to be released on October 19th! Details are TBA.
Old 11th August 2016, 06:16 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Talking

thxx for the info
Old 12th August 2016, 02:10 AM
SAKURA Initiate

So much news, tonight! I love it. Can't wait for a new Miliyah single!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!