[Utada Hikaru] Midsummer Rain Shower ♪٩(✿′ᗜ‵✿)۶♪ the 53rd thread - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th April 2016, 10:56 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
God no! Utada can't sing enka!
Well, like a Utadafied version of Enka.

-> <-
Old 5th April 2016, 11:51 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Has she ever sung enka? I can't remember.

Btw, does anyone know about the reception in Japan? Do they like the songs?
Old 6th April 2016, 12:20 AM
æternal Initiate

I actually do think that Manatsu no Toori Ame is about her mom's death. Is it too early to suspect? XD anyway, the lyrics on the preview are quite sad for me especially the last line "shadow of the standing person sayinh farewell."

Once she called her mom the goddess of storm, and IMO this time she refers to her as the rain. She died sometime in August and that's like midsummer. A sudden rain on summer is probably referring to her sudden death.

And i kinda think that the reason why she refers to her mom as "rain" this time is because its calm, like probably how she'd wish her mom is at peace wherever she may be at right now.

This song is giving me life even from the short preview. I can't wait to hear it in full.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 6th April 2016, 01:17 AM
Interlude Initiate

^Well, that have a lot of sense. I mean, I've read that the song "Arashi no Megami" was written to her mother or dedicated to her...

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 6th April 2016, 02:18 AM

I'm starting to love Mantasu no Toori Ame more. I know that she's always have a special place in my heart (as I've been her fan since 1999), but listening to her new songs really diggin my inner heart out, that how I've been missing her voice so much for the past few years.
Old 6th April 2016, 03:39 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

You know, not to totally change topic here, but I'm starting to really like Hanabata wo Kimi Ni. I've listened to it several more times and it's just.. enjoyable in a very soft, relaxing way. Was it what I was expecting for a comeback song? No. Perhaps I put too much pressure and was thinking too much of what I was hoping it was going to be rather than what it was. I actually find myself listening to it more than Manatsu no Toori Ame.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 6th April 2016, 04:03 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I really am enjoying what we've heard of both songs so far. I'm confident that the full versions will both be great, but I'm betting Manatsu no Tooriame is gonna be earth shattering.
Old 6th April 2016, 11:37 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Neko View Post
Hey would anyone be able to pretty pretty please upload the songs (not on youtube)? For some reason I can't listen to them because copyright stuff in the US. I'm kinda going a lil crazy not being able to hear these lol .
What label is Utada right now in? Because whatever label she is in...that label hasn't complied with the dreaded YouTube Red rules that its videos are blocked pretty much anywhere YouTube Red is offered, e.g. United States (along with AKB48, Victor Entertainment (with Leo Ieiri), Pony Canyon (e.g. Rina Katahira, aiko), Being group (such as B'z, BREAKERZ))...

(Seriously, I don't like YouTube Red at all. Especially when it comes to limiting J-pop stateside. (>_<))
Old 7th April 2016, 05:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

Is she going to make PVs for her new songs..

any information..?

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 7th April 2016, 06:20 AM

Know how lazy hikki is, probly not lol. The last so-called decent pv (to me) was HEART STATION. Prisoner of Love was plain as butt, Goodbye Happiness was cute but I would not call that a decent production (even I know hikki was the director). I really wanna see hikki making pvs as beautiful (if not prettier) as the ones directed by kiriya, but I doubt she will put efforts in pv nowadays (if she's doing it).

Last edited by bluegie; 7th April 2016 at 06:24 AM.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:44 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Is she going to make PVs for her new songs..

any information..?
Both songs will get a PV.
Quote:
The new songs “Hanataba Wo Kimini” (title tune of NHK drama serial “Toto Nee-Chan: Fatherly Sister”) and “Manatsu No Tooriame” (theme song of Nippon Television “NEWS ZERO”) will be both premiered today on TV programs.

Utada Hikaru resumes her music activity today (April 4, 2016) at last.

The new song “Hanataba Wo Kimini” will be finally revealed in the opening of NHK drama serial “Toto Nee-Chan: Fatherly Sister”, airing from 8:00am JST (7:30am on NHK BS).
Then, at night, “Manatsu No Toorimae” will premiere in the ending of Nippon Television “NEWS ZERO” airing from 23:00 JST.

Both songs will also be released digitally on April 15 (Fri) at major digital download sites including iTunes, Rekochoku, Mora etc.
Music videos of the two songs will also be unveiled on April 15 (Fri) on Utada Hikaru’s official site and the video streaming site GYAO!.
Source: http://www.utadahikaru.jp/news-e/
Old 7th April 2016, 05:58 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
What label is Utada right now in? Because whatever label she is in...that label hasn't complied with the dreaded YouTube Red rules that its videos are blocked pretty much anywhere YouTube Red is offered, e.g. United States (along with AKB48, Victor Entertainment (with Leo Ieiri), Pony Canyon (e.g. Rina Katahira, aiko), Being group (such as B'z, BREAKERZ))...
She's under Universal Music Japan.

Old 8th April 2016, 01:21 AM
appears Initiate

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/program...gs::19302.html

Did anyone else see this? Apparently Toto Nee-chan ("Hanataba" theme song) had the highest ratings for morning drama in 15 years, with some 20% of TV viewers tuning in to the show.

The news program NEWS ZERO had their highest ratings for the year after debuting Manatsu.

I wonder if this will actually be a huge comeback for Utada.

-> <-
Old 8th April 2016, 01:25 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
She's under Universal Music Japan.
Universal? I didn't know that... But I thought we could watch Perfume videos (Perfume's also part of Universal) on YouTube here stateside! Hmm... Not sure why...
Old 8th April 2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/program...gs::19302.html

Did anyone else see this? Apparently Toto Nee-chan ("Hanataba" theme song) had the highest ratings for morning drama in 15 years, with some 20% of TV viewers tuning in to the show.

The news program NEWS ZERO had their highest ratings for the year after debuting Manatsu.

I wonder if this will actually be a huge comeback for Utada.
Now I have more faith in hikki getting no. 1 on digital chart. At the very least, people are still interested in hikki. She's really Godtada .
Old 8th April 2016, 07:56 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Were we ever worried she wasn't going to get no. 1? haha xD That is very good news, however. Good to hear and better to see.

Old 8th April 2016, 08:06 AM

I still remember how sad I was when hikki couldn't get no. 1 anymore after she released Passion. And technically Sakura Negashi didn't get weekly no. 1 (it was monthly no. 1 tho ). Btw, both new singles will be released on Friday, so unless loads of people downloading the songs in Japan, they might end up not getting weekly no. 1.
Old 8th April 2016, 08:09 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Oh Goodness, you're right. I completely forgot about that. My bad, my bad.

Still, that news is good to hear!

Old 8th April 2016, 05:26 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Regardless of whether she hits number one, I bet they'll both crack the top 10 and that'll be impressive to have two songs charting in the top 10 simultaneously!
Old 8th April 2016, 07:53 PM
Naturally Initiate

Rankings dont really matter with Hikki, even though her singles used to have a great longevity, but she isnt really a single artist after all. both of ayu and kuu used to sell more singles, but eventually in terms of albums hikki was selling way more.

Anyways im soo excited about the new singles. New day of slay

. . . . . . .

Last.fm
Tumblr
Closed Thread

Tags
jpop, utada hikaru