what's the difference between Overseas version and the Japan version - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 19th May 2004, 09:49 AM
Two of us Initiate

albums: japan vs. overseas versions

edit: for those of you who are saying that there is no difference in sound quality between the two...do you have a high fidelity stereo systems or are you just listening to your cds on a small boombox? im into high quality music and background noises such as "hissing" annoys me. i can detect these static noises right away, so i wouldnt mind spending more on the japan versions. i just want to know for sure if there is a sound quality difference between the OS and JPN versions.

Last edited by Ayu no Koi; 19th May 2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old 19th May 2004, 09:55 AM
MY STORY Classical Initiate

Wrong section

But NOoOOOoOoOoOoO, Not this question again o__O'

Anyways, go here:

http://eneabba.net/ayu/music/guide/09.jp-os.htm

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 1st July 2004, 12:47 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pSyko_mEi_ xD
al da cds i own of ayumi are also overseas... not cux im too cheap but i could hardly find any jpn versions here... and besides da jpn version and overseas are all the same to me...

hey did u know dat krn version cds are cheaper than overseas verison??
yea i saw on yesasia that BoA's new korean cd is SOOOOOOOO cheap! i think its bcoz the korean music industry isnt going so well...
Old 1st July 2004, 12:55 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxesven
I highly doubt that. Avex would have sued Yesasia or so years ago already for selling bootlegs in that case. So just NO.

yea my OS version of everlasting (ELT) had a little paper in it with a survey from avex in hong kong and the address of avex in hong kong. i dont think they would have that in a bootleg by another company
Old 1st July 2004, 12:56 PM
ever free Initiate

and also my 'everlasting' the booklet pics seem kinda bad quality but i dunno if its supposed to be like that - like its artistic kind of photography - or if its better in the japan version
Old 1st July 2004, 01:05 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

There is such a thing as grainy photography. I don't know of which CD you speak, but it is likely that is was done on purpose.
Old 1st September 2004, 10:03 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

A Japanese Version refers to an item which is manufactured and released in Japan whereas an Overseas Version refers to the same item but it is released and manufactured by a licensed local distributor. In most cases, the content of the item is the same except that the Overseas Version may include some slight changes such as the booklet has been translated into local language.
From Yesasia
Old 22nd December 2004, 10:26 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~K+
Wrong section

But NOoOOOoOoOoOoO, Not this question again o__O'

Anyways, go here:

http://eneabba.net/ayu/music/guide/09.jp-os.htm
Uhm.. the link's not working?

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 23rd July 2005, 08:33 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

does anyone know if the overseas versions have Region 1 dvds, or are they all region 2?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 14th August 2005, 10:02 PM
Ayumi no Yume

I don't know if anyone siad this yet, but i think the japan version is like, in all japanese text, like the overseas one, is the original. like when you open the booklet, there's names, like "Max Matsuura" might be in Hiragana and Kanji instead of Romanji
Old 30th November 2005, 03:14 AM
BEST Initiate

Thank you Pharaoh.
Old 2nd December 2005, 08:31 AM
immature Initiate

I didn't want to open another thread so I'll ask here:

Starting next year I'll start buying Ayu's albums (at last) and there's no doubt about it, I'm going for the japanese versions (I don't mind paying up to $35 plus S&H on her albums). But for concert DVD's is different, I think that the price for the japanese versions are quite expensive, so my question is this: are the overseas versions of Ayu's DVD's bad or almost the same as the japanese ones; also, are chinese subtitles imposed throughout the concert or can you turn them off (including the extras, and do japanese editions of her concerts have subtitles in any language?) and finally, from all the overseas versions that exist, which are better: korean, taiwanese or from Hong Kong?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Eigakan; 2nd December 2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 2nd December 2005, 08:45 AM
from your letter Initiate

^ japanese dvds and overseas dvds have the exact same video content. on dvds (if subtitles exist), they must be turn-off-able. however on VCDs, that might not be the case. VCDs will have a lesser quality than DVDs, but overseas and japan DVDs are identical in quality. hope that helps
Old 2nd December 2005, 09:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I have all Ayu concerts on DVD (os versions) and they DO NOT have any subtitles.
Old 6th December 2005, 10:20 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Sorry if this has been asked before but do the OS versions come with the same stuff that comes with JPN version first pressing and all that?
Old 21st December 2005, 09:05 AM
immature Initiate

I didn't want to start another thread so: I ordered my (miss) understood album from www.play-asia.com and it's the Japan version. Has somebody bought from them (they're in HK) and if so: do you think they'll get first press, because it didn't say anything about being the first press, it just says that's the japanese version with DVD...
Old 15th July 2006, 07:11 PM
SCAR Initiate

this explains alot ^_^! hehe i think i'll just stick to overseas most of the time in the near by future :3
Old 17th July 2006, 02:06 AM
Because of You Initiate

Wanted to address some of these questions even though they are quite old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalaxie
yea i saw on yesasia that BoA's new korean cd is SOOOOOOOO cheap! i think its bcoz the korean music industry isnt going so well...
No, it's because the Korean standard of living is cheaper than Japan's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigakan
I didn't want to open another thread so I'll ask here:

Starting next year I'll start buying Ayu's albums (at last) and there's no doubt about it, I'm going for the japanese versions (I don't mind paying up to $35 plus S&H on her albums). But for concert DVD's is different, I think that the price for the japanese versions are quite expensive, so my question is this: are the overseas versions of Ayu's DVD's bad or almost the same as the japanese ones; also, are chinese subtitles imposed throughout the concert or can you turn them off (including the extras, and do japanese editions of her concerts have subtitles in any language?) and finally, from all the overseas versions that exist, which are better: korean, taiwanese or from Hong Kong?

Thanks for your help
As far as I know subtitles only exist in the overseas VCD versions, and in none of the DVD versions. For DVDs I don't think there are Korean Versions, but I could be wrong. Either way, all 3 of the options in your last question are the same product and there is virtually no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikotogawa
does anyone know if the overseas versions have Region 1 dvds, or are they all region 2?
Region 3.
Old 30th July 2006, 11:30 PM
Ayu_Fan_00

*confused* help

I`m surfing Yesasia and cdjapan (mostly yesasia) right now for some Ayu cd`s and dvd`s. What`s the difference between overseas version and Japan version? and then there`s the hong kong version and korean version, etc. O.o

sorry

edit: feels stupid. I just now saw this thread.

Last edited by Ayu_Fan_00; 30th July 2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:08 AM
BALLAD Initiate

for your first question, please read the 1st page, it's been answered very clearly.

second answer: hongkong version will have translation of the songs in chinese, while the korea version are in korean. and the cd is remanufactered in hongkong(or known as overseas) or Korea.

My Instagram