what's the difference between Overseas version and the Japan version - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 4th July 2008, 11:53 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
yup, the china version are the worst sound quality of all. it sounds like 192kbps to me.
lol. I've got authentic OS Ayu CDs and the quality of that sounds absolutely Identical to any Japanese version. As someone else mentioned it's all in your head.

EDIT: I confirmed this by listening to it on my 5.1 surround sound system.

Recently Listened Tracks

♬ Last.fm ♬

Old 6th July 2008, 08:23 AM
BALLAD Initiate

well....i got 2 china version album some years back.

Jolin Tsai Castle and J Game from a friend, but the quality isn't as clear, there are some ruffing at the background, and some parts aren't as clear as the taiwan version....

AND i already had the taiwan version of J Game, which i bought to get the Hello Kitty first press gift.

My Instagram

Old 4th August 2008, 05:16 PM
independent Initiate

I have only two Overseas CD's - Hellsing OST RAID & RUINS. I didn't know that it was Overseas versions when I ordered them, I would definitely wouldn't buy it. Why? 'Cause buying domestic Japanese I'm supporting my artist. All my J-Music CD's are Japanese.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 2nd January 2009, 02:25 AM
Far away Initiate

Lol original Japan version is for the hardcore collectors and overseas version is lighter on people's wallets. From what I've seen on A COMPLETE, the authoring on the overseas version was botched. Something with the wrong track titles, etc. There's my two cents.
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:50 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Most of my ayu albums are overseas & hong kong versions and they're just as good as Japan versions imo
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:38 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisyume View Post
Most of my ayu albums are overseas & hong kong versions and they're just as good as Japan versions imo
I agree with you

most of my JPop items are OS presses . I don't see the need to get Japan presses as I feel it's silly to spend so much $ on them . I rather wait a bit longer to get the OS presses & it saves a LOT of $ on my part especially with regards to DVDs (particularly Johnny's ones )

I only will do buy Japan presses as the last resort in that if the artiste/s I support doesn't have any OS presses of their stuff at all

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 3rd January 2009, 08:06 PM
Far away Initiate

Heh. I guess in the end it comes down to money. If they are virtually the same with little to no difference, OS is more economic.
Old 4th January 2009, 01:49 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I thought it was just a difference of booklet photos and such? I've heard sound quality is usually nearly identical.
Old 4th January 2009, 02:21 AM
BALLAD Initiate

ssome OS version have poorer sound quality, especially the China version.

but the most obvious part is the paper quality and packaging, and the color is better on the japan version.

take A Complete for example, her hair's color look very plain and dry out on the OS version, compare to the japan version

My Instagram

Old 4th January 2009, 03:13 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
ssome OS version have poorer sound quality, especially the China version.

but the most obvious part is the paper quality and packaging, and the color is better on the japan version.

take A Complete for example, her hair's color look very plain and dry out on the OS version, compare to the japan version
Yes don't forget the botched the authoring on too lol. I have no idea how. I saw a lot of YesAsia views written about that.
Old 4th January 2009, 07:29 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimex289 View Post
Heh. I guess in the end it comes down to money. If they are virtually the same with little to no difference, OS is more economic.
yup that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Panda View Post
I thought it was just a difference of booklet photos and such? I've heard sound quality is usually nearly identical.
that's what I was told with regs to the Japan press in that the quality , be it the booklet & the casings of the CDs are top notch .

In terms of sound quality , it's also said to be better although frankly I can't tell the difference at all

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 6th January 2009, 08:24 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Well, for me I think the quality of both versions are quite identical so it doesn't matter.. But still, it's different if you have a authentic Japan version. The booklet paper are different.. My GUILTY(O.V) has a glossy booklet unlike to my A BEST JP.Ver has matte paper.. I like the matte-finished better...I dunno..

rusuke's music Livejournal /// rusuke's music blogspot

Ayumi Hamasaki is my Right wing and GACKT is my Left wing

Loving AYU ~15th AYU-versary~(2002.02.02)

Old 6th January 2009, 12:46 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

personally i m a japanese version only . one because i support the artist and her sales (at oricon) two because japanese version have better colors than overseas and better casing too three because japanese version is the original, four because i prefer to read the titles in japanese than chinese.five because some japanese version come with free goodies and i just love those goodies . if the artist is japanese i buy japanese version if he is korean i buy korean version etc . i always prefer original .

after its a question of personal choice.

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 16th March 2009, 09:00 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

[Ask] The difference between OS and Japan Version

Hi, i'm still newbie about ayu's stuff...
I want to collect all ayu's new single and album, but i'm confused the difference between Overseas / HK and Japan version.

Is there any differences with the font? I've ever found the chinese version in one of the CD shop in Indonesia, it doesn't write ayu's name in japanese kanji and hiragana, but written in china's kanji.

I'm also want to collect the Mirrorcle World and Green Long Sleeve version, is the all the HK version have the Long Sleeve or just the box?

Thanks so much in advance!!
Old 15th April 2009, 08:30 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ In Chinese (and I think Taiwan) presses of albums, the title of the album is translated to become a pun on Ayu's name. I remember that (miss)understood's title was changed to read (Ayu)Understand in Chinese and I think that NEXT LEVEL's title was changed to read something like New Level for Ayu (but don't take that for gospel, I'd have to check it somewhere =[ The pictures at least remain the same, I think in most cases the English title remains and the translated title goes on the Obi.

HK might be different though....but I've looked on HMV's Hong Kong site and they all have the original japanese covers listed for their HK presses, so i think you'll be fine

To answer your second question: Mirrorcle World and Days/GREEN or GREEN/Days first presses come in the long boxes. I think the second presses are housed in a fat jewel case but someone else would have to confirm. I have the Taiwan and a JPN copy of Mirrorcle World and both the Days/GREEN singles in JPN version.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 13th June 2009, 03:52 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i wonder if anyone of you have de scans for both HK and TW version for PCDL 08-09?am considering which version should i buy.
as many said,TW version printing is better than HK version.but i don't see any scans from both version

Old 13th June 2009, 04:14 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ You can't really see the difference between both versions by scans. You have to feel it. The paper quality is the main point here, then comes the color.
Old 16th June 2009, 03:15 PM
As if.. Initiate

if there's anything, dont buy the CHINA's version. most of them are sold are cheap prices well below the retail price, and the quality isnt good. You ccan say them as "pirated". they are almost there already. Taiwan, HK or Sg is okay.
Old 16th June 2009, 03:18 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I have a few china versions and there you can clearly hear that the quality is not as good as korea, japan, hong kong versions

Old 16th June 2009, 03:45 PM
Liar Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhana View Post
if there's anything, dont buy the CHINA's version. most of them are sold are cheap prices well below the retail price, and the quality isnt good. You ccan say them as "pirated". they are almost there already. Taiwan, HK or Sg is okay.
The sound quality of the China version isnt bad at all. Its the packaging that sucks. I have a China version of A-Complete and the box and cases are horrible. Although I must say, the Photobook is super high quality and has no indication of being China press