How to get Ayumi Hamasaki concert tickets in Japan - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 2nd August 2006, 07:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

I'm also trying to attend AT07 in Tokyo, just hoping that the dates will match my schedule so I can go I'm gonna travel with couple of my friends so it would be really cool to gather around in Tokyo if theres ppl attending at the same time from ASH ^^
Old 5th August 2006, 08:54 PM
Ayu_Fan_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallelujah_united
Guess I'll need help from this thread too. Currently planning for AT 2007, anybody who wants to join me?

I do, pm me.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:24 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I'm seriously planning for AT 2007 as well. I will probably go in June to one of the last concerts in Yoyogi (doesn't have to be the very last one).
I will (like any one would) buy some tickets before I go to japan (yahoo, ebay, whatever), and then go to those ticket resellers for a second concert and maybe try to get some deal for some good tickets. But it would be nice to go with a few AHS members together, all from different parts of the world.

I will be going to Tokyo for a week at the end of october and I'm going to check on those ticket resellers, where they are exactly in Harajuku. Will probably take some pictures how to get there and prepare some other stuff as well.
And also one tip if you buy tickets before you go to japan, DON'T use akibado, they are very slow lately (meaning 1-2 months), fdjp is probably faster.

So count me in too for AT 2007 too. PM me as well if you want. I'm a good planner.
Japan 2009 Trip Travel Blog (April 26-May 13,Ayu & Perfume Concert & Dolls Party 21)
Tokyo 2009 (Dec 27-Jan 3, Ayu CDL Concert)
Japan 2010 (April 6-23, Ayu & Kuu Concert?)

January 28th 2010: The day everything changed for international Ayu fans. <3
Old 2nd September 2006, 02:08 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatix View Post
I will (like any one would) buy some tickets before I go to japan
Not necessarily .
Old 2nd September 2006, 06:47 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel View Post
I know you got them when you got there, but I'm still somewhat reluctant. But since you only decided 7 days before you went to Tokyo it would be a bit short to buy them beforehand.
But I'm still not sure what i'll do next year, buy some before I go. As I will probably buy another one when I'm there to go to 2 concerts .
I was actually almost going to go in June this year, but I got that idea out of my head because I had just went 3 weeks on vacation in May, and would need to ask for another week at my work, just a few weeks later. But if it wasn't for that, I would have gone in june already. I was just like you, that you just HAD to go. I had also read on the reviews by others that went already. So now I'm SO going next year . And I'm not unsure of traveling alone (as i"m also going alone to Tokyo end of october), but I may have my best friend who wants to go as well (and also is a fan of Ayumi).
But still, about the tickets, I'll see what happens next year .

And I just bought my flight tickets, and if you wait a bit and not too long you can get a good price. I got some for just 650€ (with Swiss Int. Air Lines). So I will probably only have spent about 1000€ for flight and hotel for 1 week Tokyo, not bad. But then there comes the spending on other stuff ;p
Japan 2009 Trip Travel Blog (April 26-May 13,Ayu & Perfume Concert & Dolls Party 21)

Last edited by Hatix; 2nd September 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 4th September 2006, 06:15 AM
YOU Initiate

lemme join the boat
i am planning on going next year as well.right now i'm struggling to find cheap tickets(both plane and concert tickets)........and well,reading the posts on here have made me realize how expensive things will be overall.
i'll need 2000 CDN,easily at least that much.

i still dunno when exactly i'll go because

1.i'm going with some friends of mine,so we'd have to agree on a date.
2.still dunno when ayu will hold concerts either.

so yeah........but i visited that Japan-guide site and browsed it for a little more than an hour to check out the places and hotels.so i have a good idea of what to expect now.

i also dream of going to A-nation aside from an ayu concert ^^

Last edited by Shiva; 4th September 2006 at 06:18 AM.
Old 4th September 2006, 06:20 AM
MY ALL Initiate

Struggling to find cheap concert tickets? There haven't even been any confirmation of any tour during 2007 yet o_o;
Old 4th September 2006, 07:47 AM
YOU Initiate

lol yeah......well anyhow i said that because of what people said they usually sell for.
Old 11th September 2006, 12:03 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Ok, how you get concert tickets: (many of these have already been mentioned here)

1. The official way - Just forget it, it ain't gonna happen if you aren't living in Japan and you likely will not be able to get the very best seats because they all go to fan club members and foreigners can not join the fanclub. So just resign yourself to that.

2. Yahoo!Auctions - However sellers will only ship to Japan so you need to either be living in Japan or get someone in Japan to bid on the auctions for you and then send the tickets to you - you might have to pay this person to do so as well as pay for shipping costs.

3. Akibado is a website that offers to bid on Japanese auctions for foreigners, but their prices to do look pretty high to me and I haven't used them before. However you might want to give them a try if you can't find anyone else to bid on the auctions for you and the Harajuku option listed below isn't possible for you either.

4. THE BEST way to get tickets is to not get them until you are actually in Japan. It sounds very risky, I know. If you are flying to Japan and getting a hotel room and spending all that money just to see Ayu live, you would generally like to have the tickets first so that you know for sure you are going. But trust me that this way is the easiest, least confusing, and ultimately cheapest way to go.

If your concert is in Tokyo or the surrounding area (Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Tochigi etc) what you want to do is go to a ticket reseller shop in Harajuku. It's very easy to find since it is on the famous Takashita Dori st.(famous for its crepes, fasion, and idol shops.) On the Tokyo Metro system, take the green Chiyoda line to the Meiji-Jingumae stop. Exit the station and you should see a big store across the street called Snoopy Town.(this is a cool place to check out since it has more Snoopy merchandise than anywhere in the US.^_^) Cross the street to Snoopy Town and then continue down the sidewalk to the left. Soon you will see Takashita Dori on the right. (You really can't miss it, there is a big archway over the start of the street that says Takashita Dori) It's a narrow crowded street filled with Idol shops that sell every photo, key chain, pen etc with Ayumi, Gackt, MM, L'arc and zillions of boy bands on them - Don't spend all of your money before you get to the Ayumi tickets! lol. About 3/4s of the way down the street there will be a lingerie store called LOVX on your left.(don't confuse it with the LOVX building that will be on your right about 1/2 way down the street. That store just sells cosmetics.) There are a set of stairs in front that lead up to the second level of the LOVX building and inside of there is concert ticket mecca. They have tickets for sale for every major concert tour currently going on as well as sell tour goods from past tours, all in glass displays, so you can easily pick out what you want. Best of all, the prices are reasonable. I actually paid less at that shop for Ayu tickets than I did through Yahoo!Auctions and the seats were comprable. Also, as the concert gets closer they will seriously mark down tickets that haven't sold yet. I saw one 400 level ticket that they had for the Saitama show which hadn't sold yet(the concert was the next day) and they were selling it for 3000 yen! Pretty amazing considering that the ticket originally cost 7,800. They have tickets for all over Japan, but obviously the area they are the most well stocked for is the Tokyo area.

Much Japanese isn't required to buy the tickets. You can simply point to the one you want and they'll get what you mean. Of course speaking at least some Japanese is helpful, but you should be able to get by mainly on gestures and their limited English ability.

So if you want to go to a concert in or around Tokyo all you need to be thinking about is that shop in Harajuku. It's easily the best option.

5. The last option are scalpers. Your likely to pay more, but usually they are better seats. For example, I had 2 tickets for the Sun. Saitama performance - both were for the 400 level(far back from the stage). So I found a scalper and traded my 2 400 level tickets for 1 200 level ticket + I had to pay 3000 yen. You generally don't have to try and spot the scalpers. If your concert is one of the main ones(like Saitama, Yoyogi, Osaka) they will be waiting to pounce on you just as you leave the train station. Authorities must not care about scalpers because they do it wide out in the open and very obviously. It's worth noting though that I didn't see any scalpers at the Hiroshima show last year. However, they were all over the Saitama show this year. For this option it's good to at least know how to count in Japanese and know what 'man' and 'sen' yen mean, that way you can bargain with them. As I found out, this is also an excellent option if you already have your tickets but want a better seat.

I wish. The tickets to start with cost 7,800 yen which is roughly $80. But expect to pay at a very minimum 10,000 yen. But it more than likely will end up being between 12,000 and 17,000 yen. ($120-$170) And that is just for bad to mid range seats, not the best seats.
thank you soo much for the info!!! it helps out a lot, especially about the store you told us about!

avatar by last.september from http://www.jpopmusic.com/forums/view...=asc&start=210
Sig by Aeshma from http://www.jpopmusic.com/forums/view...=asc&start=405
Old 28th September 2006, 01:13 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

i want to go to CDL 06-07, but im not sure on how to get tickets for it.. anyone living in Japan willing to buy me a ticket?
Old 28th September 2006, 01:25 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1s3k1 View Post
i want to go to CDL 06-07, but im not sure on how to get tickets for it.. anyone living in Japan willing to buy me a ticket?
You are in an entire thread about how to get Ayu concert tickets. lol.

Tickets for the CDL won't go onsale until around Nov. anyways. btw, I'm going too. Any other AHSers planning on it?
Old 28th September 2006, 02:45 PM
MY ALL Initiate

I was planning on going until two months ago. If I go I will probably have a place to stay at for free, so it's very tempting.

Around 10 people I know, of which 4 are close friends, left for Tokyo this very morning and are going to stay there for a year, visiting them for new year wouldn't be wrong either.

I kind of need my money badly though, so many other things I want to do, other places I want to go... but meeting up with people from AHS to go for CDL, that would be pretty awesome.

I hope I have my priorities worked out by when the tickets are released, maybe every AHSer who want to go can join in a pool, and we buy tickets together so that we can all go together .

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 28th September 2006, 11:47 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel View Post

I hope I have my priorities worked out by when the tickets are released, maybe every AHSer who want to go can join in a pool, and we buy tickets together so that we can all go together .
That sounds cool, we just need an AHSer in Japan to get the tickets for us.
Old 28th September 2006, 11:54 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Maybe that can be solved, although my friends will probably not be fluent in Japanese in two months, hehe... I don't know, there might be other possibilities apart from that, but it's not very likely. Hopefully someone know someone .

Old 29th September 2006, 11:55 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

if someone in Japan can buy me a ticket that would be great -_- coz i will be going to Japan in December.. and by that time it would be sold out i guess..
Old 29th September 2006, 12:14 PM
MY ALL Initiate

^You can probably get tickets through the ticket reseller stores, if you are ready to pay a high price for them. I guess they'll be around double the original price.

Old 29th September 2006, 12:15 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1s3k1 View Post
if someone in Japan can buy me a ticket that would be great -_- coz i will be going to Japan in December.. and by that time it would be sold out i guess..
As has been stated in the thread, go to the ticket resale shops. No wait, don't. We'll be going after the same ticket. :-P
Old 11th November 2006, 04:41 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Well, I'm back from Tokyo a week now, finally getting into my normal rhythm after a short week.
Well, I think I found another reseller shop as I walked past it (I didn't went to check afterwards). It's actually very conveniently located if you go by plane to Tokyo. If you're coming to Tokyo/Japan through Narita Airport, you will most probably take the Keisei Skyliner or Keisei Limited Express and arive at Ueno Keisei Station (not the normal Ueno Station which is about 200m further). If you leave through the main entrance of Ueno Keisei station, cross the street (Chuo Dori), and then a little further (about 200m) in the direction of Akihabara, you'll find the reseller shop (ground floor). I think it was a reseller shop, or at least it had a lot of artist stuff and advertising for concerts.

I also went to check out that other reseller shop on Takeshita Dori in Harajuku. It's not a very big shop, and about 90% of the shop is filled with photographs and some merchandise of artists. But close to the counter, there's a display with tickets. I forgot to take some pictures though.

Anyway, had a great time in Tokyo (spent quite some time in Akihabara though :p ), and as a loyal ayu-fan, I went to have a look at the Tokyo Dome & Yoyogi National Gymnasium :p

Old 11th November 2006, 04:52 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatix View Post
Well, I'm back from Tokyo a week now, finally getting into my normal rhythm after a short week.
I should start with saying welcome back .

Quote:
Well, I think I found another reseller shop as I walked past it (I didn't went to check afterwards). It's actually very conveniently located if you go by plane to Tokyo. If you're coming to Tokyo/Japan through Narita Airport, you will most probably take the Keisei Skyliner or Keisei Limited Express and arive at Ueno Keisei Station (not the normal Ueno Station which is about 200m further). If you leave through the main entrance of Ueno Keisei station, cross the street (Chuo Dori), and then a little further (about 200m) in the direction of Akihabara, you'll find the reseller shop (ground floor). I think it was a reseller shop, or at least it had a lot of artist stuff and advertising for concerts.
About this reseller store, I also found one in Ueno and I have pointed out its location in google maps in the tutorial thread, would you mind checking if that one is the same? If it isn't the same, would you mind me adding this information to the tutorial?

Quote:
I also went to check out that other reseller shop on Takeshita Dori in Harajuku. It's not a very big shop, and about 90% of the shop is filled with photographs and some merchandise of artists. But close to the counter, there's a display with tickets. I forgot to take some pictures though.
How many displays they have with tickets probably varies based on how many tours is going on, when I was there the entire store was filled up with tickets wherever you looked. The Ayu ones was right at the entrance.

Quote:
Anyway, had a great time in Tokyo (spent quite some time in Akihabara though :p ), and as a loyal ayu-fan, I went to have a look at the Tokyo Dome & Yoyogi National Gymnasium :p
Akihabara is awesome, I never went to look at Tokyo Dome when I was there, which I regret ().

Old 11th November 2006, 05:59 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hmm, seems it's been a while since I read that tutorial, didn't remember it also said about that one in Ueno. But I can confirm that it is still there and that's the exact location of the one I saw. I didn't look for the one in Shibuya.

About the one in Harajuku: at the entrance there was a cabinent with a lot of ayu tour stuff, so that's probably why the tickets were also displayed there. Hmm, why oh why didn't I buy that big ayupan & nice towel (probably had no time left). Also about other little ayu-stuff in Harajuku (or at least in Takeshite Dori), didn't find much, except for some pictures & pencil boxes. Maybe looked in the wrong places, there seems to be a lot more boy band stuff.

Hehe, you may find it a bit over the top, but when I was almost at Tokyo Dome, I played the concert mp3 of Dome Tour on my mp3-player :p (wish she did another concert there). Made a travel blog with some pictures here

Last edited by Hatix; 17th April 2007 at 10:18 AM.

Tags
countdown