Beyoncé Runs The World in her 1st Thread - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 19th June 2011, 06:02 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
4's reception here is a lot brighter here than anywhere else

I can't stop listening when it leaked. I think it'll end up like b'day, where all the singles flopped til Irreplaceable, then a revised edition will be released with another popular single.

I personally despise I was here... it's a very self-serving song imo, and I don't mind beyonce having an ego (love that song!) but as a ballad it rubs me the wrong way. My favourite song is End of Time, but does anyone else hear "don't **** with me" at the beginning XD
Irreplaceable was huge, needless to say, but Deja vu and Ring the Alarm did good on the Hot 100... Girls is flopping waaayyyy harder than those songs. Hopefully the next single will pick the album up to pace.

There's just so many strong female singers who have been around for a lot shorter time who are getting the attention atm like Katy Perry, Adele, Rihanna, Ke$ha, Gaga, TaySwift, Nicki Minaj, etc... so it's hard too standing out when there's all these girls who are all on top and have been in the business a whole lot less time.
Old 19th June 2011, 06:26 AM
glitter Initiate

I haven't heard the new album yet, but I don't know, she was doing so well just a couple of years ago with IASF, that album was surely fresh and amazing, to me anyway, it made me a hardcore fan and appreciate her older works too.

I do think that those girls might be stealing the spotlight a little bit, specially Rihanna and Nicki, since they can be somehow compared to Bee.

I think Beyoncé's musical style is very defined and particular, and the best example to that is the first single of 4. Just like ayu's music is very characteristic, some people might just get tired/bored of that musical style and look for new fresh things?

I do hope all those people who went to see Bee live will remember what a great artist she is, and support her always She totally deserves it!
Old 19th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
I haven't heard the new album yet, but I don't know, she was doing so well just a couple of years ago with IASF, that album was surely fresh and amazing, to me anyway, it made me a hardcore fan and appreciate her older works too.

I do think that those girls might be stealing the spotlight a little bit, specially Rihanna and Nicki, since they can be somehow compared to Bee.

I think Beyoncé's musical style is very defined and particular, and the best example to that is the first single of 4. Just like ayu's music is very characteristic, some people might just get tired/bored of that musical style and look for new fresh things?

I do hope all those people who went to see Bee live will remember what a great artist she is, and support her always She totally deserves it!
That's what I think too. B's sound is really particular and she always tries to impress with something different like Single Ladies or Girls.

Anyway, in that list the only artist that can be compared to B right now is Nicki Minaj. Rihanna's been releasing some electronic stuff lately so she kinda moved away from her R&B past. Almost every female singer is releasing electronic based music (not Adele, but she's great and I love her <3 LOL) and B's still releasing her great R&B songs... maybe people just wants more electronic music and forgot about R&B :/ Idk. xD

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Old 20th June 2011, 04:16 AM
BEST Initiate

I really applaud B for releasing an album that goes against the current trends, and then apparently defending it after the apparent lukewarm reception (if those rumours were true!) I really liked this review I read that said "this album is proof she doesn't need to prove herself anymore".

It's funny how the album seemed such a shock at first because it was mostly ballads, but pretty much every B album other than B'day has been ballad heavy.
Old 20th June 2011, 05:47 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I like her new singles so I need to try out her album. She's so hot
Old 21st June 2011, 12:29 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
Irreplaceable was huge, needless to say, but Deja vu and Ring the Alarm did good on the Hot 100... Girls is flopping waaayyyy harder than those songs. Hopefully the next single will pick the album up to pace.

There's just so many strong female singers who have been around for a lot shorter time who are getting the attention atm like Katy Perry, Adele, Rihanna, Ke$ha, Gaga, TaySwift, Nicki Minaj, etc... so it's hard too standing out when there's all these girls who are all on top and have been in the business a whole lot less time.
oh ur right! never knew deja vu and ring the alarm did so well!
Old 21st June 2011, 01:37 PM
Far away Initiate

Pictures of last night's show in Nice to promote 4:

Setlist:
Crazy In Love, Single Ladies
Naughty Girl
Baby Boy
If I Were A Boy
Sweet Dreams (medley)
Why Don’t You Love Me
Sex is on Fire
1+1
Irreplaceable
Best Thing I Never Had
Suga Mama
DC Medley
Telephone/Video Phone
Bootylicious
2nd Destiny’s Child
At Last
Run The World
End Of Time
Halo

Creazy in Love

Bohemian Rhapsody

End of Time

Old 21st June 2011, 06:03 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Perfection.
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:55 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Honestly, this album is one big for me. I'm really disappointed because I love 'I am...SF' and I can't believe that the same artist sings these songs. It's like, the first half of the album - boring ballads, the second half - boring upbeat tracks/ballads. WTH? There is no one song that stands out.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:26 AM
Far away Initiate

I don't find it boring at all :/ I think it's an intimate album and shows she's also vulnerable. It's a great album and everytime I hear it grows on me a lot!
With this album she proves that she doesn't have to follow the main music style to sell. She takes risks and releases 90s RnB songs with high beats and drums. It's a different album, that's how I see it.

Old 23rd June 2011, 03:07 AM
from your letter Initiate

^ she hasn't proved she can still sell just yet...
20 02 02 BRITNEY SPEARS I Wanna Go
02 03 03 BRITNEY SPEARS Till The World Ends
03 04 04 THE SCRIPT For The First Time
04 05 05 RIHANNA California King Bed
09 07 06 LADY GAGA Americano
06 06 07 BEYONCE Run The World (Girls)
05 08 08 LADY GAGA Judas
07 09 09 COBRA STARSHIP You Make Me Feel
11 15 10 JESSIE J Nobody's Perfect
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:25 AM
glitter Initiate

She's grown so much... she's experienced so much during her tour around the World, and I'm sure this album reflects all of that.

I am so excited to hear it! I think I'll buy the deluxe edition
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:31 AM
BEST Initiate

Can't wait for the four bonus tracks. I really like she separated the bonus tracks from the album, it reinforced than 4 is a completed piece of work. I just prefer the original cover lol
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:07 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
^ she hasn't proved she can still sell just yet...
I didn't say she'll sell, I said she doesn't need to release 'mainstream' music just because of sales, she doesn't care about that anymore. She could say she changed her style and release an electronic influenced album just to sell but she didn't. That's what I meant.

Old 23rd June 2011, 01:12 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I understand, it wasn't my intention to say that she should make only 'popular' music in order to gain better sales. No, I don't care about the sales or style as long as I like it, enjoy it and as long as I am not bored to death. Sometimes artists produce what they want, but that doesn't mean it's still good. ^^ of course, to each their own, this is only my opinion I guess.
Old 24th June 2011, 09:53 AM
BEST Initiate

ooo I saw 4 in stores today but they only had deluxe edition, I want the standard one (the cover is more epic!)

The bonus tracks are so awesome. I wish they were incorporated into the album. Lay Up Under Me could easily replace Love On Top (lol) and Dance For You could replace Party.

Last edited by Yukitora; 25th June 2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 25th June 2011, 01:31 PM
glitter Initiate

apparently 4 debuted #1 in 13 countries or something!!

soooo proud!!!!!
Old 25th June 2011, 02:11 PM
Far away Initiate

^That's GREAT news! I'm so proud of her

Old 26th June 2011, 02:11 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I feel silly for being worried.
Old 26th June 2011, 07:06 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I feel silly for being worried.
I was worried too I'm so happy she can still sell like the music queen she is.

Tags
beyonce