Ayu and Religion - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2005, 06:05 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleCookies
Maybe people just want to know what religion she is, so they can obsess themselves more by copying that too? O_o
lmao I havent thought about that.

モーニング娘。の34thシングル

「女に 幸あれ」

CD CD+PB CD+DVD SingleV

Old 13th June 2005, 06:06 AM
y2687

Quote:
Maybe people just want to know what religion she is, so they can obsess themselves more by copying that too? O_o
I seriously wouldn't doubt it.
Old 13th June 2005, 06:25 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i believe that she is a catholic

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 13th June 2005, 06:43 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
^highly unlikely, isnt it less than 1% in Japan? I dont know, it was dicussed somewhere in this thread...

Wait! She's famous so she's probably a scientologist!!!

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 13th June 2005, 06:50 PM
Initiate

In Japan there are ALL types of religions that do exist! And they have different rituals: they can funreal person like he/she is a buddist, but can bless it as he/she is a christian...so...

I don' think Ayu has time for religion...it doesn't really matters for me, `cause it's not an important characteristics of a person..

Old 13th June 2005, 08:48 PM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar
Backstage at Stadium Tour 2002 she was wearing a "Jesus died for you" tshirt (I thought this was pretty funnny.)
She definitely believes in SOMETHING, because she was having a prayer circle with all her dancers and musicians before going onstage. But my Japanese is bad so I couldn't tell what they were saying.
That wasn't necessarily a prayer circle. I've been in many productions and there's always been a "power circle" type thing were we mentally rev up for the show and sometimes physically and vocally warm up as well.
Old 14th June 2005, 04:47 AM
devilayu

I love how this topic keeps getting resurrected, lol. Ayumi or anybody wearing a shirt with Jesus or wearing a cross means nothing for the most part. I could put on a Jesus shirt and I actually own crosses but it doesn't mean I'm Christian.

Also, I dunno if it was someone in this forum who smartly brought it up, but Ayumi learned about Maria from a friend. This means, she wasn't brought up Christian at all. Conversion is possible but doubtful.
Old 14th June 2005, 08:50 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
^True dat, I have a cool old bible, but I'm not christian.

She's probably a mixture of shinto and buddhist like the rest of the country

Haha this topic will never die.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 14th June 2005, 09:50 AM
y2687

..maybe she doesn't even have a religion. I don't. Well I still believe in God and Jesus, but I don't believe in dogmas. Maybe it's possible that Ayu just likes crosses and doesn't really follow anything.
Old 14th June 2005, 06:50 PM
devilayu

I forgot to mention that PicklesCookies comment is so on the mark for some Ayumi fans. I've seen blogs of people who were like, "Whatever religion Japanese people are, I'm going to convert to." I was like, "Whaaaat?" Stupid.

I was going and reading through old Ayumi articles (circa 2000) and in one she says a cross was given to her when she met her stylist (yes, she has one, it's not all her) and has the "A" logo on the clasp because it was made to order. That appears to be the first time she ever mentioned or wore a cross. And it's filed under fashion accessories.
Old 14th June 2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu
I forgot to mention that PicklesCookies comment is so on the mark for some Ayumi fans. I've seen blogs of people who were like, "Whatever religion Japanese people are, I'm going to convert to." I was like, "Whaaaat?" Stupid.
I love everything Japanese, because it's Japanese. I'm going to accept it without any questioning whatsoever. It must be the best because it's Japanese. ^_^
Old 14th June 2005, 11:34 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Why do people even care? Religion is something personal.

As for the cross necklace, it's not because you wear a cross necklace that you are a catholic. My friend wears one but it's really just for the style.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 15th June 2005, 03:20 AM
Banned

That whole fashion thing is pretty confusing. O_o
Old 15th June 2005, 04:52 AM
Beyond the Sea

I believe Ayumi is just like the normal japanese religion saying goes:

"Born Christian, live Shinto, die Budhist"

I feel she doesn't take religion THAT seriously, maybe she'll casually go to a shrine, there's always New Years. But she's not some sort of religious fanatic like a ton of Americans.

I've also noticed that crosses and churches are a sort of fad/fashion statement. It's more of an aesthetic thing rather than it's religious counterpart meaning.
Old 15th June 2005, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_nerd
I feel she doesn't take religion THAT seriously, maybe she'll casually go to a shrine, there's always New Years. But she's not some sort of religious fanatic like a ton of Americans.
Americans aren't the only ones who are religious "fanatics." Basically every country in the world is.
Old 15th June 2005, 10:49 AM
Initiate

Quote:
I love everything Japanese, because it's Japanese. I'm going to accept it without any questioning whatsoever. It must be the best because it's Japanese. ^_^
Same as me! Can't live without Japan, just because it's Japan.

Old 15th June 2005, 03:41 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
That whole fashion thing is pretty confusing. O_o
I agree. My friend just thought the cross necklace was cute and beautiful, so she bought it.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 15th June 2005, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAISKA
I sure hope you were joking.
Old 15th June 2005, 08:05 PM
y2687

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAISKA

..you can't be serious. O_o
Old 22nd June 2005, 07:09 AM
Replace Initiate

I'd rather NOT know what religion ayu is, personally. I don't want to have my favorite singer believe in one of several religions that I find ridiculous (there are a few, I won't elaborate), because though I'd TRY hard not to, I WOULD think less of her. I also don't want her attacked by less-quiet versions of me who find her religion ridiculous. Phantoma expressed hope in the "fairyland" thread that ayu isn't a pagan. I've done SO much research on paganism and there's nothing really anti-christian, evil, or really hateable at all about ANY of the popular pagan religions, like wicca, or even older pagan religions that are pretty much dead now.

I also REALLY don't want to see the aforementioned types who convert to ayu's religion just cuz it's ayu's. For heaven's sake, believe what YOU believe! That's why it's a BELIEF. If you just copy someone else's belief and don't think about it and calculate it on your own, then it's just an idea or a thought, not something dictating your life.

(If you don't wanna know my beliefs, don't read on. I know it's controversial.)

I'm sort of agnostic, if anyone cares. I believe in something but I don't know what, and I believe in being a good person and leaving this planet in better condition than when I got here. My beliefs are a combination of Christian ethics, Taoist/Buddhist ideals and observations about the world, Pagan mythology and metaphors, and yes, Science and Mathematics and Physics. I also believe in the power of both prayer and "love glows", and just plain being nice. I'm one of those people who thinks that no one religion has it totally right yet but they're all pretty much on the right track. ^_^
Closed Thread