Ayu's Teeth - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20th December 2008, 01:53 AM
ImpactBreaker's Avatar
ImpactBreaker ImpactBreaker is offline
The Judgement Day Guardian

 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brazil
Posts: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
lol impact breaker xD
the teeth are the only thing she had done.
There's no "proof" the teeth is the only thing she has done. That's why it's a neverending discussion, and it's often biased, because most people often have a negative view over plastic surgery, so those who love ayu so much often are biased saying she absolutely didn't do it, so they try to "pull the negative factor off her" and those who don't like ayu as much or her fans, are biased to defend that she did have it and try to "push the negative factor into her". Of course there are some people who are neutral to those and either agree, disagree, or are still wondering whether she did it or not. Still the truth is only with ayu (and her Plastic Surgeon haha joking here). But I'm sure a couple of people are in the bias example I gave when it comes to artists doing plastic surgery thing.

I agree with zoomzoom though, that the surgery thing is always quite debatable, because there's always the "amke up + aging changes" vs "surgery" thing, and the changes can't be objectively analyzed as they are with crooked vs fixed teeth. I agree with emiko's points too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
i hate it when ppl say she had "plastic" surgery done.
and teeth don't count as "Plastic" surgery. it's normal to get your teeth done. it's only normal to get your teeth fixed because they can cause you a lot of health trouble if you don't. and i'm NOT talking about caries.

unlike when ppl get "plastic" surgery to make their chin of nose smaller or get fake b00bs.
the only surgery you should have on your nose is rhinoplastic, BUT only to cut the inner part if you're having trouble breathing. i lol hard when someone says they had rhinoplastic because of health issues but make theis noses totally diferent xD
Actually you can fix your teeth solely for the reason of looking pretty, just for esthetics. The fact you have slightly crooked teeth, or a few imperfections in your teeth doesn't necessarily mean you have a functional problem in your bite or anything that might cause troubles over the teeth or the jaw joint. So if you were to think that plastic surgery is something futile because it deals with esthetics, fixing the teeth can be as "futile" because it can be just dealing with the esthetics sometimes as well. On the other hand, I'll also have to disagree about the external plastic surgery thing. People often have too many misconeptions that all plastic surgery is wrong and that's not true. Unfortunately, many people use it for futile reasons that could have been dealt with otherwise, however, just because it deals with esthetics doesn't mean it's necessarily futile. Many people regain their dignity back or at least part of it because plastic surgery exists, and I could give a couple of examples here, though I think it's unnecessary LOL Even "boob" jobs can be really important in some situations .
__________________

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 20th December 2008, 02:32 AM
Kingdom's Avatar
Kingdom Kingdom is offline
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
^how are you so sure?

Of course she has veneers.

On the plastic surgery thing...you know...she wears so much make-up and changes her hair so much, I really can't tell. Make-up really does WONDERS, ESPECIALLY when it's professionally done. And the fact that she's aged...unless she tells us, I don't think anyone can ever be absolutely sure.

I'm not, and of course I leave the option open because, it's not really that incredulous. And in fact...I wouldn't be surprised if she has had stuff done. So what?

If she's happy, I'm happy. People need to get over their crap about plastic surgery. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else except the person getting it done, and if they're happy, then everyone else should be too.
good way to put it!

and i like impactbreaker's post too.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 20th December 2008, 10:38 AM
bluegie's Avatar
bluegie bluegie is offline
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,827
Regarding about whether or not she has plastic surgery. Well, what emiko said is rite. She has too many different images so it's hard to tell if she really does it. But even if it's true who really cares?? At least I dun. It's not like she can't make herself prettier. In the end it's her choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
i doubt the gap between the teeth was because of Madonna, maybe she just didn't have the time to finish her teeth.

anyways i don't know, and i actually don't really care too much about it.
Well, if you look at her teeth during LOVEppears era, she didn't have that gap. Then why all the sudden she made a gap there when she didn't have one before? It can't be the dentist gotta make a gap there in order to fix other teeth..
__________________
...
...
...
.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 20th December 2008, 09:02 PM
Tom Punks's Avatar
Tom Punks Tom Punks is offline
Heartplace Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Regarding about whether or not she has plastic surgery. Well, what emiko said is rite. She has too many different images so it's hard to tell if she really does it. But even if it's true who really cares?? At least I dun. It's not like she can't make herself prettier. In the end it's her choice.



Well, if you look at her teeth during LOVEppears era, she didn't have that gap. Then why all the sudden she made a gap there when she didn't have one before? It can't be the dentist gotta make a gap there in order to fix other teeth..
She has always had the crooked front tooth.

http://zyrex.org/gallery/d/4108-2/1_014.jpg
http://zyrex.org/gallery/d/4326-2/ayumi_hamasak001.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 21st December 2008, 06:06 PM
Uemarasan Uemarasan is offline
End roll Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In Asia dreaming of Asia
Posts: 773
I never got why people suddenly brought up the Lauren Hutton/Madonna/whatevs gap thing either. She's always had crooked front teeth.

And it never fails, we're talking about teeth, and suddenly the plastic surgery issue worms its way into the discussion!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 22nd December 2008, 04:31 PM
haikudasai haikudasai is offline
P.S II Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,003
Well it's quite obvious she's fixed her teeth and very happy she did. Her previous choppers weren't very pleasing to the eye.

If I were to get veneers I would model them after Anna Nicole Smith's. Her life was a mess but her teeth were gorgeous.
__________________
you ain't nuthin'

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:01 PM
jimex289's Avatar
jimex289 jimex289 is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,347
I would say without a doubt she had them done. Her old teeth and her smile back then were actually pretty cute. Obviously when she reached stardom she had to "perfect"; this is something the public demands and it's only natural then that she had them done I think.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:16 PM
CoriKaru's Avatar
CoriKaru CoriKaru is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Behind You, In The Closet, Pushing You Out
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by haikudasai View Post
If I were to get veneers I would model them after Anna Nicole Smith's. Her life was a mess but her teeth were gorgeous.
HaHa.
__________________

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 23rd December 2008, 01:50 AM
Sweet_Ai's Avatar
Sweet_Ai Sweet_Ai is offline
Who... Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: candyPOP land.
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0210989 View Post
lol impact breaker xD
the teeth are the only thing she had done.
i hate it when ppl say she had "plastic" surgery done.
and teeth don't count as "Plastic" surgery. it's normal to get your teeth done. it's only normal to get your teeth fixed because they can cause you a lot of health trouble if you don't. and i'm NOT talking about caries.

unlike when ppl get "plastic" surgery to make their chin of nose smaller or get fake b00bs.
the only surgery you should have on your nose is rhinoplastic, BUT only to cut the inner part if you're having trouble breathing. i lol hard when someone says they had rhinoplastic because of health issues but make theis noses totally diferent xD
Actually, yes, in some places getting your teeth fixed is considered cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery. Even if your teeth are bad on the outside, if you can still eat and breathe then nothing is wrong. That is what my insurance company tells me and that is the reason why I cannot get braces under insurance. I have no medical issues.

Anyways, I never knew AYU had this done. Does anyone have any comparison pictures?

edit:// saw them. nevermind.

Last edited by Sweet_Ai; 23rd December 2008 at 01:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:12 AM
panda♥'s Avatar
panda♥ panda♥ is offline
Real me Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ayu's closet
Posts: 3,622
Regarding plastic surgery: I do agree that it's hard to tell if she's had it or not, but seriously. Think about it. Before her debut with Avex I really doubt she had the funds or even that her mother would let her get plastic surgery at a young age. Any kind of plastic surgery done to change your eyes, face, shape of your face etc takes alot of time to recover from, so I still don't think there's any way that she could have had plastic surgery before or after her debut with Avex. :/
__________________



tumblr

Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:44 AM
ImpactBreaker's Avatar
ImpactBreaker ImpactBreaker is offline
The Judgement Day Guardian

 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brazil
Posts: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV*izm View Post
Regarding plastic surgery: I do agree that it's hard to tell if she's had it or not, but seriously. Think about it. Before her debut with Avex I really doubt she had the funds or even that her mother would let her get plastic surgery at a young age. Any kind of plastic surgery done to change your eyes, face, shape of your face etc takes alot of time to recover from, so I still don't think there's any way that she could have had plastic surgery before or after her debut with Avex. :/
Not to take the PS discussion further, but, it really depends on the type of surgery. Not all kinds of plastic surgeries asre like a pancreatoduodenoctomy with a Roux-en-Y jejunostomy, or a coronary bypass grafting with extracorporeal circulation. A good ammount of the surgeries can be rather simple and have a quick healing, specially taking into account they are elective surgeries in perfectly healthy patients.

My brother's mother-in-law had a lifting plastic surgery over her eyelids (both). Both for esthetical and medical reasons. She was able to resume all of her activities in less than a week, with no restrictions. Some celebrities go through plastic surgeries and sometimes the media isn't even able to detect they were hospitalized. So that doesn't necessariily exclude that possibility.
__________________

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 26th December 2008, 08:06 AM
Kikaru Kikaru is offline
Naturally Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Actually you can fix your teeth solely for the reason of looking pretty, just for esthetics. The fact you have slightly crooked teeth, or a few imperfections in your teeth doesn't necessarily mean you have a functional problem in your bite or anything that might cause troubles over the teeth or the jaw joint. So if you were to think that plastic surgery is something futile because it deals with esthetics, fixing the teeth can be as "futile" because it can be just dealing with the esthetics sometimes as well. On the other hand, I'll also have to disagree about the external plastic surgery thing. People often have too many misconeptions that all plastic surgery is wrong and that's not true. Unfortunately, many people use it for futile reasons that could have been dealt with otherwise, however, just because it deals with esthetics doesn't mean it's necessarily futile. Many people regain their dignity back or at least part of it because plastic surgery exists, and I could give a couple of examples here, though I think it's unnecessary LOL Even "boob" jobs can be really important in some situations .
My orthodontist told me that having straighter teeth for aesthetic reasons actually also lead to less cavity, because brushing is easier and food is not as likely to be trapped. Granted, he was also making 6000 USD from the whole procedure. But it's pretty standard nowadays to have braces, at least in the US nowadays...

Is the procedure she used to straighten her teeth done in one sitting or a period of time? Because I remember when I had braces there was a period where I had a gap between my two front teeth, but it went away later.
__________________



It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 27th December 2008, 12:22 AM
sitara's Avatar
sitara sitara is offline
P.S II Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,019
more pictures please!!
i've never noticed she fixed her teeth quite recently...

but it is obvious she had a job done during loveppears... bc in the first pvs you can see her ugly bottom teeth... pointing in all directions :p
__________________
please check out my artwork
-www.starplexus.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 27th December 2008, 03:24 AM
shannon-nonnahs's Avatar
shannon-nonnahs shannon-nonnahs is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
My orthodontist told me that having straighter teeth for aesthetic reasons actually also lead to less cavity, because brushing is easier and food is not as likely to be trapped. Granted, he was also making 6000 USD from the whole procedure. But it's pretty standard nowadays to have braces, at least in the US nowadays...

Is the procedure she used to straighten her teeth done in one sitting or a period of time? Because I remember when I had braces there was a period where I had a gap between my two front teeth, but it went away later.
What you said is true, I work in an orthodontic clinic and know that having crooked/over-crowding teeth may lead to cavity. Maybe that's why she choose to straighten her teeth for beauty and health purposes. (: I'm not sure what exactly did she do during that period, perhaps she wore transparent braces?
__________________

Set's credits to majrakun
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 27th December 2008, 04:22 AM
Ayu_no_tenshi's Avatar
Ayu_no_tenshi Ayu_no_tenshi is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA/JPN
Posts: 1,664
it's obvious that she had her teeth fixed and there is nothing wrong with that. it's also obvious, in my opinion, that she did NOT have plastic surgery. people have commented on her "big, beautiful eyes" or the "wide-eyed girl" even before she was famous. looking at pictures of ayu without make-up, she looks just the same as when she was younger and she looks more japanese. just as others have said here, make-up and hairstyles can make a dramatic difference and there are many techniques and products to do different things to your eyes. do a little research. it's not that hard. lol and even if she did...why does everyone care so much? how is getting your eyes, nose, boobs, teeth, or whatever fixed any different that putting on make-up, cutting your hair, or even getting a tattoo bc it's "cool" for example?? many girls wake up every day and put on a "fake face" to make themselves feel better and just bc it's mainstream and accepted in society as 'normal' it's ok. god forbid anyone change their image some other way. just bc something isn't readily accepted by society doesn't mean that it's wrong or bad as long as it's not hurting anyone. and as others said...MOST (there are those that do it just because) people have plastic surgery done for health issues. every possible procedure that you can think of can be linked to a health issue or simply the aesthetics argument. also, i've noticed that no one has mentioned that plastic surgery isn't very common in japan anyway. it's happening more and more but it certainly wasn't very popular 10 years ago when ayu would have allegedly had it done. now i feel like i'm just rambling on so i'm gonna shut up for now. haha
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 27th December 2008, 09:43 PM
noidea's Avatar
noidea noidea is offline
A BALLADS Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,343
@ Ayu no tenshi, I think you are right about her eyes, its make up, but her nose GOT fixed, im sure it has, its straight now, but it wasnt in her earlier days, it WAS ugly and looks good now, she had no BIG change, her nose was not shortened like its sometimes done(its tip is still kind of..hanging?), but it WAS changed
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 28th December 2008, 04:24 AM
dreamland2.0's Avatar
dreamland2.0 dreamland2.0 is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
@ Ayu no tenshi, I think you are right about her eyes, its make up, but her nose GOT fixed, im sure it has, its straight now, but it wasnt in her earlier days, it WAS ugly and looks good now, she had no BIG change, her nose was not shortened like its sometimes done(its tip is still kind of..hanging?), but it WAS changed
I agree. I think she got her nose done but not her eyes. I believe it is the make-up that makes her eyes look the way they are..
anyways about her teeth... It seems to me... I'm just thinking... that there seems to be quite a few Japanese people with bad teeth?? And Ayu was no exception when she was younger.. maybe it's just not a big thing to have straight teeth in Japan... maybe that's not how they perceive beauty?? I don't really know
anyways Ayu's teeth are beautiful now!!
__________________

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.