New singles crossroad 9/22 and 「L」 9/29 [VI] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th August 2010, 08:00 PM
still alone Initiate

I think blossom will be like this (only a different storyline, but the concept is still a drama PV):

Before people will comment on it, I only know this drama PV and yes, it's from DBSK. You know, Ayu is a fan of them, so I won't be surprised if she thought about making such a PV after seeing it. She became a fan of them during the time they were promoting "Stand by U" and this PV has both a drama version and a member version. The drama version was released first, then the member version. What if Ayu might follow this? Blossom PV with Jaejoong (drama version) on crossroad and blossom PV with Ayu (normal version) on L?

For those who are interested in the member version:
Spoiler:

And don't kill me for making this comparison, okay? This would be a kind of special thing for her to do, since she never did something like this before. Both the drama PV and the two PV's for one song.

29-01-2010: Ayu in London
Old 29th August 2010, 08:13 PM
End of the World Initiate

Best marketing scheme by Avex in a looong time. Those preorders seem very promising. I guess thats why Ayumi postponed Blossom PV's release? Was Jaejoong busy with something else in the last month or so (promo activities/tour etc). Its interesting that the PV tells a sad story, even though I don't feel sadness when I listen to Blossom; but I guess we'll see how good of an actor he is.
I wonder what they're planning for L now.
Old 29th August 2010, 08:18 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura~ View Post
And the preorders are still up like that!! OMG

Found this news on a DBSK fanblog:

[INFO] 100829 Jaejoong Effect to Ayumi Hamasaki’s ‘Crossroad’ Single Sales?

Below is the archive of Ayumi Hamasaki’s pre-sales rank of her single ‘Crossroad’ in amazon Japan from August 19th – August 28th.

[see picture uploaded above by aura~]

"Crossroad"s highest ranking was at 156th on August 20th before any info about Jaejoong’s appearance in song ‘Blossom’ revealed. However, once the information about Jaejoong’s participation was released on August 27th, the sales boosted up to 5th on August 28th, the next day.

Coincidence? Kinda hard to believe it was, since the rise is too sudden and extreme.
In any case, we all know Ayumi Hamasaki is still the most recognized J-Pop Queen.

source: rankbank.net
shared by: sharingyoochun.net + DBSKnights

Toho fans respect Ayu

Last edited by LizBrazil; 29th August 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 29th August 2010, 08:21 PM
Initiate

I love JJ and Ayu, but i don't wantnthis single to become a hit only for JJ...
Old 29th August 2010, 08:32 PM
monochrome Initiate

I love crossroad covers because this is so surprising ! and so different ad Moon/blossom, she always surprises me ! I love the dress and the "sexy" behaviour it's so incredible and unexpected ! Can't wait for the songs because make new things with older ones could be a great idea if it's good making !
I'm so excited for this 2 singles, Ayu does a great job !

Old 29th August 2010, 08:34 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBrazil View Post
I think blossom will be like this (only a different storyline, but the concept is still a drama PV):

Before people will comment on it, I only know this drama PV and yes, it's from DBSK. You know, Ayu is a fan of them, so I won't be surprised if she thought about making such a PV after seeing it. She became a fan of them during the time they were promoting "Stand by U" and this PV has both a drama version and a member version. The drama version was released first, then the member version. What if Ayu might follow this? Blossom PV with Jaejoong (drama version) on crossroad and blossom PV with Ayu (normal version) on L?

For those who are interested in the member version:
Spoiler:

And don't kill me for making this comparison, okay? This would be a kind of special thing for her to do, since she never did something like this before. Both the drama PV and the two PV's for one song.
I like this idea. She never did this before, and I'd love to see the differences between both PVs ^_^
I hope she does that, it's really interesting.

And the preorder thing... it's really amazing! I really don't care if Jaejoong was the cause of the boost it's good for Ayu and that's it ^_^ Actually, I'm happy to see it was thanks to JaeJoong xD

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Old 29th August 2010, 08:44 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Drama ver. PVs are a very common thing in Japan (and have been prior to that one). However I believe this will actually end up like one of GReeeeN's PVs, as they never appear in their videos, but kinda make short movies, considering that Stand By U actually had clips from a real drama.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 29th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
^O.O I missed that >.>
I think ayumixx was the one who told me who hes was in another thread but
I didn't know how he looked like.

hmmm he's smexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
he is!!! jaejoong is the hottest member out of the band, and he's 24 years old! same age as me~~~ wakakakak~~~ i'm actually looking forward to blossom pv more then crossroad pv!!!
does that make sense????

and the good news about him in the pv, i have got 2 THSK fans who asked me to help them order the CD+DVD, TA version, as they find that ayu's covers is always nice and they would like to have a big sticker of it too.
there you got it!!!!!!! THSK fans buying the cd because of jaejoong~~~ (^-^)
Quote:
Here is a post from the Tohoshinki thread:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=435
Under the spoiler you can see crossroad preorders at amazon.jp after the news was released Jaejoong would be in blossom PV.

I first thought about passing for buying this single too (waiting for her next album), but I'm going to preorder it now Some Japanese THSK fans I'm following on twitter are going to get it too

And this is from an a-nation fanaccount by a JYJ fan:
"We were able to hear ayu hamasaki’s live performance of “Blossom”. During ayu’s song, I tried to imagine how Jaejoong would look in the PV. I know that it would be lovely to the eye."
Quote:
Originally Posted by aura~ View Post
And the preorders are still up like that!! OMG

Quote:
Found this news on a DBSK fanblog:

[INFO] 100829 Jaejoong Effect to Ayumi Hamasaki’s ‘Crossroad’ Single Sales?

Below is the archive of Ayumi Hamasaki’s pre-sales rank of her single ‘Crossroad’ in amazon Japan from August 19th – August 28th.

[see picture uploaded above by aura~]

"Crossroad"s highest ranking was at 156th on August 20th before any info about Jaejoong’s appearance in song ‘Blossom’ revealed. However, once the information about Jaejoong’s participation was released on August 27th, the sales boosted up to 5th on August 28th, the next day.

Coincidence? Kinda hard to believe it was, since the rise is too sudden and extreme.
In any case, we all know Ayumi Hamasaki is still the most recognized J-Pop Queen.

source: rankbank.net
shared by: sharingyoochun.net + DBSKnights

Toho fans respect Ayu
I think my prediction from yesterday seems to be right! Why do we really need to worry about the covers and Kuu? Maybe the Tohoshinki-related involvement in one of Ayu's content must have boosted her pre-order sales! We don't need to worry about low sales - she's going to easily get #1 and get her 24th consecutive #1 single, tying Seiko Matsuda's record, and puts it as a stepping stone for the record-breaking 50th physical (51st overall) single that could be her 25th consecutive!
Old 29th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Curtain call Initiate

imo ayu shouldn't worry about kuu like ever

so that guy is just not a pretty boy meheheheh I'm glad that ayu's sales increased
and thanks for the answer ayumixx ^.^ idk what she meant either
Old 29th August 2010, 09:05 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I love Kumi, but she's hardly a threat anymore. But the pre-order issue might still be. What if people order crossroad and L together, same problem?
Old 29th August 2010, 09:06 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I personally don't like the covers, I think this is the first time I have disliked her covers this much, except for sunrise/sunset....
well, that's OK, I hope for L's covers!
Just because of the titles: crossroad and SEVEN DAYS WAR
I expected a different cover concept!

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 29th August 2010, 09:14 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I love Kumi, but she's hardly a threat anymore. But the pre-order issue might still be. What if people order crossroad and L together, same problem?
You can bet that the majority of JJ fans who pre-ordered crossroad for blossom PV won't care about L.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 29th August 2010, 09:28 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
I love JJ and Ayu, but i don't wantnthis single to become a hit only for JJ...
Ayu most likely would have gotten number one anyway, even with the popularity of kuu's single, other people releasing usually aren't an issue for the two of them.

It was inevitable that her sales and popularity would increase by a ton the announcement of Jaejoong's participation.

DBSK is like the most popular group ever. And Jae is like, right in front lol They have the most die hard fans I think...isn't their fan club like the largest in the world?

It just floored me when a bunch of members were like "I dont even know who he is".

It's just one of those times where people are gonna buy it, just because he's in it.

Not only that, I mean, it IS a special situation too. Ayumi Hamasaki and Jaejoong working together? It's huge.

Maybe she'll gain some new fans too ^^

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 29th August 2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 29th August 2010, 09:32 PM
still alone Initiate

JYJ's official website is 'promoting' crossroad CD+DVD: http://rhythmzone.net/jyj/news/

Notice that the blossom remix is named here.

Old 29th August 2010, 09:35 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^Wow, thats nice of them.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 29th August 2010, 09:36 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^awesome

Clockwork Yellow mix!

why thank you CMJK lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 29th August 2010, 09:38 PM
End of the World Initiate

Clockwork yellow? interesting.
How in the world will they turn Blossom into anything resembling the horror that was Clockwork orange, lol.
Old 29th August 2010, 09:40 PM
Far away Initiate

LOL @ Clockwork Yellow
Nice and funny wordplay hahaha But I hope it isn't as horrible as the film xD

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Old 29th August 2010, 09:40 PM

I cried at the end of the dorama PV for Stand by U. y.y
Old 29th August 2010, 09:45 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
Ayu most likely would have gotten number one anyway, even with the popularity of kuu's single, other people releasing usually aren't an issue for the two of them.

It was inevitable that her sales and popularity would increase by a ton the announcement of Jaejoong's participation.

DBSK is like the most popular group ever. And Jae is like, right in front lol They have the most die hard fans I think...isn't their fan club like the largest in the world?

It just floored me when a bunch of members were like "I dont even know who he is".

It's just one of those times where people are gonna buy it, just because he's in it.

Not only that, I mean, it IS a special situation too. Ayumi Hamasaki and Jaejoong working together? It's huge.

Maybe she'll gain some new fans too ^^
Not only Japanese fans will buy it, also Korean fans. Most of the time they buy lots of their Japanese stuff too I'm kind of surprised we didn't get Korean newspaper articles yet Something like "Youngwoung Jaejoong will feature in big jpop star Ayumi Hamasaki's blossom PV".

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, l 3a, single