[Official Message] A ONE tracklist - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:02 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I miss her lyric intros so muchhhhhh
Old 3rd March 2015, 01:02 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I rather have 6 new songs to concentrate on than 15. Its is enough since I get new ones every year. i would even go as far and say I could live with having 1-2 mini-albums a year.
Old 3rd March 2015, 01:08 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I like the titles

a BELL is probably an interlude, but the rest may just as well be full songs. I hope so, since the tracklist isn't big.

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:12 PM

I hope we get to see the covers soon

Prolly 5 covers like we got with Colours...I forgot there wasn't a TA CD-only edition. oop

Last edited by chocopockymaster; 3rd March 2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 3rd March 2015, 01:13 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Listening to The GIFT's official preview on her Discography page and it sounds really good imo. *shrug*

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:34 PM
independent Initiate

The GIFT isn't bad. It's just boring (for me at least).

I am looking forward to the lyrics though cause it seems like she loves this song a lot so I'm just going to assume she put a lot of thought into writing this.

Hopefully Anything for You is a full song.
Old 3rd March 2015, 01:39 PM

I posted a tiny snippet in the album thread if you wanna go look. It's missing the first two verses bc I'm not entirely sure of a few words.
Old 3rd March 2015, 01:40 PM
July 1st Initiate

In French, "a bell" (une cloche) is how we call a dumb person :3

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:46 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
yes, I'm greedy. I think it's better to wait longer and work slowly to release full album, than make something between mini and full but to special date.
Who ask Ayu to release something so soon?
This is what I was going to say lol.

If she can't make a full album because it hasn't been long enough since the last one, then she should just, uh, wait? No one really asked her to put out a new album right now. Of course, she could just be releasing this out of contractual obligations, but people around here get really touchy when you say stuff like that lmao.

I would much rather she took 2 years to release a proper full thought-out album than keep putting out these mixtapes though.

ANYWAY. Judging from positioning, a Bell is totally going to be an introlude, but Anything for You looks like it might be a full track. Hopefully NOT another ballad or I might just scream.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:09 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^you are in the space of the japanese idol sytsem...altough she has many features of an artist, she remains and idol - who has to stay on the scene as much as possible. She has the luck that, despite her ppor sales, her live shows are still selling...and she needs new music for that.

The reasons she is releasing this so soon can be of different nature - it could have to do with her label, the japanese music-industry or personal needs. We can just speculate about those, but 11 tracks to e is already a full album.

Moreover - only very few albums are better, just because she took 2 years (and she probably wont. since almost always - asia or western countries - albums are produced and recorded 2 month before its release date. You just think they took so long because there was a gap)
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:27 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Moreover - only very few albums are better, just because she took 2 years (and she probably wont. since almost always - asia or western countries - albums are produced and recorded 2 month before its release date. You just think they took so long because there was a gap)
I'm not really talking about how long it takes to record the album.

Just because she recorded the album in a 2 month span doesn't mean that's the entire time she spent conceptualizing and creating the album. Ayu doesn't really compose anymore, so she doesn't have the "excuse" of spending excess time writing new material, but there's still plenty of other factors. For example, MY STORY ended up being her 2nd longest album and the first one she started conceptualizing from the very first single. I don't remember exactly how long it took to get from Moments to MY STORY, but she did spent at least about a year planning out and conceptualizing that album, and had definitely started picking out tracks for it long before the "2 months" period before it was released. (I seem to remember the About You CM coming out eeeons in advance at least.)

Furthermore, I wasn't even saying she should literally spend 2 years making the album in the first place lol. I was saying she should take 2 years to RELEASE one. That's why I said "she should take 2 years to RELEASE", not "take 2 years to RECORD." As in, wait until she feels inspired, has something to write about, has a clear VISION in her mind, and has a good selection of demos that make a proper album.

I mean, you're basically just reiterating that she's releasing it out of contractual obligations, which is what I already said in my original post lol.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:33 PM

I find it hard to believe A ONE is being released out of contractual obligations, as it's only been 9 months since Colours was released. She sounds like she's really pumped up about AT2015 and probably wanted a new album to be able to promote while on tour.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:36 PM
rainy day Initiate

So I decided to check out the preview of the GIFT.

Terrible. And I don't actually believe it's the composition or the song itself, it's ayus voice! It totally clashes with the style of the song, which is very A Song For XX era. You can literally hear the filter they have place over ayus voice at certain parts. She's just all over the place in this song.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:37 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I find it hard to believe A ONE is being released out of contractual obligations, as it's only been 9 months since Colours was released. She sounds like she's really pumped up about AT2015 and probably wanted a new album to be able to promote while on tour.
this
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:38 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
Maybe that too, but they're both equally bad to me lol. I hate the idea of releasing an album just for something to tour with. IMHO it really shows and makes for poorer music quality when artists do that.

I'd rather she waited and produced an album because she actually felt like making the music itself, not because she wanted to tour or avex was holding a gun to her head lol.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Maybe that too, but they're both equally bad to me lol. I hate the idea of releasing an album just for something to tour with. IMHO it really shows and makes for poorer music quality when artists do that.

I'd rather she waited and produced an album because she actually felt like making the music itself, not because she wanted to tour or avex was holding a gun to her head lol.
lmao true enough
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:44 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^^you are a really tough person to talk to..even in other threads. I still think it has to do with the concept of the Japanese music, and as i wrote my masterthesis about it, I actually read a lot about it. And as an artist i can say it takes very different timespans to get something ready.. if the concept is ready in her eyes, she can relase what ever she wants. Maybe she just did not feel like she needed the
time... and sometimes overthinking won't help.

and MY STORY is a bad example in my eyes...even if it second on my favourite album list, I think the album could have easily been shorter. It drags on to much especially towards the end. I dont need an album where I get the feeling "I have to sit through". But yes, it has a good overall concept, but so has Love songs, I am and even GUILTY.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:49 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^^you are a really tough person to talk to..even in other threads.
I apologize. I just didn't really "get" your argument because you were basically saying everything I said but in a contradictory tone as if you disagreed lol.
Old 3rd March 2015, 03:09 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^oh no I'm sorry. I'm in favour of leaving everyone with its own opinion - like I prefer shorter albums oppsed to you - and I think that is okay. I just don't like when people (not you in particular) try to act like they are able to look inside Ayus (and other artists) mind and pretend to know their artistic process and the reasons for their decisions. I'm sorry if I sounded offending.
Old 3rd March 2015, 04:44 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The GIFT sounds so beautiful in HQ.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one