[Translation] Lyrics: Out of control, Story (previews) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th March 2015, 10:19 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Lyrics: Out of control, Story (previews)

These translations are based on the previews. I had to listen by ear, which means I can't guarantee 100% accuracy (although I'm pretty sure I got it right).

Out of control

I cried all alone, having nowhere to go
I cried without even knowing why I was sad

The tears flowed those days, didn’t they?
I let them flow, didn’t I?
I can no longer cry nowadays
I’ve forgotten how to cry

I smile and smile but I feel my heart isn’t happy
I wonder why the more I smile the more my heart aches

The nights when loneliness overpowers me mercilessly
to the point I can’t even cry anymore, you’re the only one I want to see
It has to be you and no one else
"Why?" There’s no reason

Story

Meetings don’t happen by chance
I realised this when I met you
While always telling myself somewhere in my heart
that I should deny it

If this was our story, how beautiful was it?
But this story won’t be only ours forever

We pass each other with a smile
like strangers
While gazing at each other’s backs
we wish each other well

Japanese lyrics:
Spoiler:
Out of control

ひとりきり泣いていた 行くあてもないまま
分からずに泣いていた 何が悲しいのかも

あの頃は流れたね 涙 流せていたね
この頃は泣けないよ 泣き方を忘れたよ

笑っても笑っても 心 満たされない気がしてしまってるよ
笑えば笑う程に 胸が 締めつけられてゆくのは何故なんだろう

涙も出ないくらいに無情に孤独が
僕を支配する夜は君にしか会いたくないんだよ
君だけにしか 君じゃなきゃ駄目なんだよ
なんでかって? そんなのは理由なんてないよ

Story

出会いは偶然なんかじゃない
ことに出会ったとき気付いたね
それを心のどこかいつも否定しなきゃと言い聞かせながら

もし二人のStoryなら どんなに素敵だったの
ただこれだけは永遠に 二人きりのStoryにならない

笑顔ですれ違うよ 知らない同士のように
背中で見つめ合いながら 君に幸あれとお互いに
祈って

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 7th March 2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 6th March 2015, 10:47 AM
I am... Initiate

I like the contrast between Story's lyric, "Meeting's don't happen at random" and M's lyric where she says "beginnings come at random but endings always have a reason". Seems she's changed her opinion on things now she's married lol

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 6th March 2015, 10:53 AM
Sky high Protector

Those lyrics seems so beautiful! After her lack of inspiration in her previous album I'm glad to see that she's back with great words finally
Thanks!
Old 6th March 2015, 11:43 AM

I really like those! Thanks a lot!
Old 6th March 2015, 12:51 PM
No way to say Initiate

I wonder if Ayu deliberately references past lyrics/motifs or if she is just not aware that her lyrics are all really similar?
Old 6th March 2015, 01:25 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
She speaks about her life after all so I think there are references to her old lyrics but at the same time she repeats herself because it's autobiographical and she felt that way when she wrote them.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 6th March 2015, 01:57 PM
WE WISH Initiate

An older but not that old me resonates well with Out of Control. Enough to make me a bit emotional.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 6th March 2015, 02:21 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
I like the contrast between Story's lyric, "Meeting's don't happen at random" and M's lyric where she says "beginnings come at random but endings always have a reason". Seems she's changed her opinion on things now she's married lol
I also remembered M lyrics when i saw those line...those ending part of M is so powerful...but now so contrast with Story lyrics

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 6th March 2015, 02:49 PM
Don't look back Initiate

o gosh...i can relate to these PERFECTLY. why are they so sad!?
Old 6th March 2015, 02:55 PM
appears Initiate

Well, I think the lyrics are okay, but I'm a little disappointed at the love stuff again. I'm a little confused by Out of control. Is she talking about how she's so used to faking happiness that she doesn't know how to express the actual sadness in ways other people normally do?

And on Story... is this about Manny? It seems to be very reflective of her having grown from a serious relationship in her past. Like she ran into him and realized that, although she wanted to deny that he had to happen, she had to go through what she did with him so she could move on and be happy with her husband?
Old 6th March 2015, 04:05 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The "you" she is singing to on her lyrics isn't always a love, even if its dubious sometimes (this is pop music on the end on the day, and giving it opening to be understood as romāntica love makes it more accessible to more people) a lot of times she is talking about her career (microphone), herself (letter), her fans (who...)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th March 2015, 04:17 PM
Replace Initiate

The "M" comparison is justified, and the concept is definitely the same... She does often use similar terminology and motifs in her lyrics (the idea of her as an angel with one wing comes up multiple times, the idea of a flower that's going to wilt but blooms anyway, etc)... that said, in this case, I don't think it's a deliberate revisiting of that lyrical motif, but she is demonstrating an alteration of her original mode of thinking.

In "M" the actual wording is "wakenaku hajimari wa otozure" ("With no reason behind them, beginnings will come."), while the wording in "Story" is "deai wa guuzen nanka ja nai" (which could be better translated with subtext as something like "First encounters aren't just, like, accidents or coincidences or anything.") The wording and tone are TOTALLY different, which isn't usually the case when she revisits themes deliberately.

When she wrote "M," as young and busy as she was, I think she was more likely to ignore or forget about people she met, and was less open-minded about someone she met possibly being a huge part of her life at some point later. "Story," if it's about Manny, is reflective of her newfound respect for the people in her life (including him). She's acknowledging that he was a big deal to her at one point, and I think these lyrics are apologetic about the fact that they have to be little more than casual acquaintances now rather than being friends, because she's sharing her life with someone else now.

On the topic of "Out of control," this is the most clear & honest I think Ayu has been outside of interviews regarding the fact that she hides her sadness among apparent happiness. She does it SO OFTEN that it's actually hurt her music for me in a big way... earlier in her career she seemed to be optimistic - looking towards the light from a very dark place - but she didn't lie about the fact that she was in a dark place, and that made her very accessible. And early fans would talk about her lyrics being very encouraging despite being so frankly sad. In recent years Ayu has hid her sadness and hid her darkness so much that listeners entirely misunderstand what she's saying (and that includes me). She presents things that are sad, tragic, or upsetting to her as being fun, interesting, and silly (see the "Party Queen" album photos, the "Bold & Delicious" PV, that kind of thing). In "crossroad" she sings about "umaku waratteru (smiling well)" which implies that smiling takes practice and talent for her to do. In "Out of control" it seems like it's gone the other way, and honestly crying is getting harder. Like ayu's falsely smiling Mr. Hyde has taken over her truthfully sad Dr. Jekyll or something.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 6th March 2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 6th March 2015, 04:40 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Love your interpretation Delirium! It truly makes these lyrics come to live...and I mean, very relatable and just so real and raw. I think A ONE is gonna be a really personal album...and it's a great step from Colours (with things like XOXO and Lelio..which lyrically are just alright)

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, out of control, story