new album "A ONE" 2015.04.08 in stores III - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 15th March 2015, 09:41 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
A ONE isn't really 'edgy' but it's not 'safe'?
It's exactly that ! It depend of the perspective. If it's compared to her own discography it's so so ...(nothing really news I think for her) but if compared to what is currently trendy in Japan or in the world I'm sorry like it or not but songs like NO FUTURE or The Show Must Go On are not safe ! They can be revival of the 90's but that don't make them less interesting than a trendy song.

Quote:
because Last minute and Out of control fall on the ballad scale for me
Maybe for you but it's not true they are both (from what we can hear from Out of control) Pop-rock mid-tempo ! Zutto... is a conventional ballad not Last minute or Out of control.
4 Ballads/2 mid-tempo/3 upbeat (we will see for "anythig for you") it's well balanced to me !

Jumped on the bandwagon of what is trendy in the world is not "edgier"

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 15th March 2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 15th March 2015, 10:14 PM
End of the World Initiate

Seriously people not many of Ayu albums had compact concept. It's usually mix of various type songs just to satisfied different fans. For example "NEXT LEVEL" was fast and up-beat album with about 2 ballad fillers and 1 mid-tempo (title track). Upcomming album gonna be ballad album with some 2-3 fast tracks. It really smells like "Love songs" and I wouldn't be surprised if Ayu's housband would starring in PVs (that was sarcasm).
Old 15th March 2015, 10:46 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Uh...

I'm sorry, Koumori, but that's just a little draconian of you lmao. This isn't even remotely off topic. The discussion of whether the album is edgy or not is still discussion about the album. The definition of the word had to be brought up since some members here don't know it, and one even asked. It's not about dissecting someone's English usage just to be an ass, it's about explaining why the album isn't edgy. If we aren't allowed to discuss that in public, then that's pretty fucking sad.
I'm hardly draconian. You're actually being pretty aggressive about all of this, which is why I requested what I did. Try and tone it down, especially if you're correcting someone. There's a way to discuss things properly and then there's a way that puts people off commenting again, which is against what a forum's purpose is.

You accused pepper of not knowing what the word means before even knowing if they do or not. That was pretty rude. I'm all for letting people know the definitions of something when asked, but on reading that discussion I felt a few people were spinning it into way more of a big deal than they need to.

Let's keep it relaxed in here, keep the assumptions to the album and the insults completely out of it. That includes 'draconian'... My inbox is always open for feedback.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:09 PM
Because of You Initiate

just gimme the covers already lol
Old 15th March 2015, 11:46 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Perhaps 'edgy' is another way to express how 'cool' the new album is?
Oh well whatever. Come on A ONE! Waiting is terrible.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:48 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Ayu will never be edgy like Angela Aki. She gave us monkeys for god sake! When would Ayu.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Maybe for you but it's not true they are both (from what we can hear from Out of control) Pop-rock mid-tempo ! Zutto... is a conventional ballad not Last minute or Out of control.
Zutto has some waltz influence on its chorus... What while not edgy on anyway, is not that usual for pop ballads either.

Ayu always mix influences from different genres and more often than not gets an unique but accessible result. But when I read people complaining about an album that wasn't even released yet I have to keep in mind people around here believe Ayu's music is generic and Namie's music is avant garde.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 16th March 2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:59 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
What I meant by conventional ballad was not negative at all (I wanted to refer to the slow tempo) but what you said is interesting !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 16th March 2015, 12:03 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Zutto has some waltz influence on it's chorus... What while not edgy on anyway, is not that usual for pop ballads either.
That's what I love about it!

Old 16th March 2015, 12:19 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
^
What I meant by conventional ballad was not negative at all (I wanted to refer to the slow tempo) but what you said is interesting !
Oh, I got what you meant^^... I was just pointing that the song does have some surprises on its own, while people tend to dismiss is as a generic ballad.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th March 2015, 12:53 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Ayu will never be edgy like Angela Aki. She gave us monkeys for god sake! When would Ayu.
Eh... I don't want `Edgy Ayu`. I fell in love with her ballads (including progress and Song 4 u) and would love for her to keep writing more. I guess nowadays being predictable is not too good for business. I hope if she ever strays so far out of her comfort zone it'll be from the heart and not because Avex and her fans pressured her.
Old 16th March 2015, 12:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Ayu is always going to be more than just a 'ballad queen' or a 'rock diva'. There are so many sides to Ayu and we've seen so many with more to come imo.
Old 16th March 2015, 02:33 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
Eh... I don't want `Edgy Ayu`. I fell in love with her ballads (including progress and Song 4 u) and would love for her to keep writing more. I guess nowadays being predictable is not too good for business. I hope if she ever strays so far out of her comfort zone it'll be from the heart and not because Avex and her fans pressured her.
Angela Aki gave us monkeys when she gave birth. She also gave us those steel drums, a ukelele, and some weird jazz. If Ayu will step out of her comfort zone it will be when something life changing happens. She's already been married like 3 times or something so it won't be marriage that changes her. I don't know about breakup though. When she mistakenly broke up with her long time boyfriend we got guilty, which was great. When she broke up with the grass eater we got a rehash album. When she broke up with the Australian we got party queen. It's 1 hit 2 miss. Maybe she needs to visit Africa and see the situation there. Then we'll get I am 2 or something.
Old 16th March 2015, 03:00 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
jeez you guys, let people be. Someone calls Love songs "amazing" someone calls PQ "hideous" third calls this album "edgy". WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? lol For all i know i could say none knows what "amazing" means because Love songs is nothing like that lol For some folks Zutto.. might be an edgy one lol seriously, don't be picky guys.
Wait until the font of the cover is released

Old 16th March 2015, 03:01 AM
Replace Initiate

I thought GUILTY was sort of a more ironed-out, poppy version of the rather raw and surprising Secret and I didn't like it that much, whereas I thought PQ was risky and personal and dark and brilliant but with some arrangement issues... so to me it's 1 hit and 2 misses but not quite the same as yours lol... All 3 albums certianly had their issues, whether you like them or not is really gonna depend on personal taste.
Old 16th March 2015, 03:24 AM
Don't look back Initiate

im seriously dying for this album...its great Ayu actually gave us long previews..so that we can judge the song in more entirety than 45s previews... and i really long them more and more each day
Old 16th March 2015, 03:46 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
Yep, it made way more fuzz than Colours
Colours is not a bad album at all.. but so many people criticized it.

The idea of Colours are different colours, each track represents different colour.. That's why no plain music or intro for this album..and this album seems to have many different tracks not connecting each other.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th March 2015, 04:03 AM
End of the World Initiate

Colours: 8 new songs (Pray, Hello new me previously released, but new songs for me)
A ONE: 8 new songs (3 previously released)

If we delete Pray and Hello new me we have 6 new songs from Colours
And if "a Bell" and "Anything for you" are intro/interlude we will have 6 new songs on A ONE

So maybe she reduced the numbers of new songs for some reason but I don't understand why, but maybe with less songs we don't have 2 or 3 songs that no grown on us and we can enjoy more the new 6 songs xD

"Total 11 songs produced by famous songwriters will be recorded in the album"
The 2 songs are full songs ...

Last edited by Isicio; 16th March 2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 16th March 2015, 05:01 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Colours is not a bad album at all.. but so many people criticized it.

The idea of Colours are different colours, each track represents different colour.. That's why no plain music or intro for this album..and this album seems to have many different tracks not connecting each other.
Giving me namie uncontrolled vibes.
Old 16th March 2015, 09:23 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Wait until the font of the cover is released
lol and i am going to be one of those complaining for sure

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one