[Official Message] Last Minute - full PV - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 29th March 2015, 01:23 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It's actually her A TPOP.
Her A TPOP could mean A thing.
Even though I'm meh about the video i cancelled my cd order and bought the blu ray.
Old 29th March 2015, 01:40 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
What the fuck is happening right now lmao. This video is so simple and harmless but the discussion that it's caused is montrous.

Meh, I still enjoy the video. If anything I LOVE HER DRESSES. I WANT.
I feel U!! I mean God forbib someone might think any different.
Old 29th March 2015, 03:22 AM
Replace Initiate

You know what this thread reminds me of? The black & blue versus white & gold fight that the entire internet had.

People who didn't like the video aren't mad because of the video, they're mad because they don't understand how anyone could possibly not share their point of view on things.

Don't even deny it, yes you are. And I can tell because there are people who LIKED the video who are getting just as defensive.

Look carefully at your reasons for your dissatisfaction, and THINK about whether or not you're arguing with people on this thread for the right reasons before you say anything else.

Just because I like the video doesn't mean I'm attacking you for not liking it, and just because someone doesn't like the video doesn't mean you're knocked down as somehow less of a person because you DID like it.

Don't get combative - HOWEVER, feel free to critique the video with valid observations like "her crying didn't appear genuine to me" or "the swinging light made it too hard to focus on what was going on" or "I was unhappy with how little we saw of Black Dress Ayu." CRITIQUE, don't criticize - there is a huge difference.

Mentions of toilets, telling people flat-out "your opinion doesn't matter to me" despite the fact that you're reading & responding to them, using words like "cheap" and "embarrassing" that have NO possible positive connotation without elaborating on WHY you feel that way, that stuff takes you into the realm of criticism rather than critique - or rather, "hating" instead of expressing your dissatisfaction in a productive, conversation-contributing way.

Those of you explaining that the light bothered you, or that you didn't like the apparent lack of a story, THANK YOU for being productive and actually DISCUSSING the video rather than just blasting it. You're making AHS and the world a better place.
Old 29th March 2015, 03:44 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
"I was unhappy with how little we saw of Black Dress Ayu."
Now that you bring it up I wad kinda bummed that black dress ayu got so little screen time. She should have been the focal point tbh.
Old 29th March 2015, 04:17 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Now that you bring it up I wad kinda bummed that black dress ayu got so little screen time. She should have been the focal point tbh.
I think if black dress ayu would've had the same screen time as red dress ayu, the ending would've been just boring. Black dress ayu reappearing at the end after just seeing her a couple times at the beginning was kinda cool.

Old 15th April 2015, 05:54 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

So I stayed out of this thread before when the PV was first put online, since I wanted to wait until my copy came to watch it. Now that I've seen it...omfg, I never expected it to be this polarizing.

I was absolutely transfixed the entire time; this is one of my favorite PVs by her in as long as I can remember. It doesn't hurt that she looks gorgeous and her arms are totally ripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
The song is way too emotional to have something overwhelming as a PV.
I absolutely agree with this. The lyrics hit me like a punch in the gut the first time I heard the song and I feel like a more simplistic style was definitely the way to go. Anything too overwhelming and the meaning of the song would have been diminished imo. It's clearly very personal to her and that shows here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
It was just ayu, and you get her feelings so easily with the PV. Love, love, love.
+1!!!

While I do wish that black dress Ayu had gotten a little more screentime, I really enjoyed the dichotomy of black dress Ayu vs. red dress Ayu. It reminded me of the struggle within herself that she talks about in the song, about wanting to be loved (red dress?) vs. not being able to love anyone (black dress?) and when she sings at the end "Give me myself back" black-dress Ayu disappears...but the light keeps on swinging. I like to think it means that she's still dealing with that internal struggle and those polarizing feelings.

brb watching again

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute