[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~sixxxxxx~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 12th August 2015, 05:20 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

(sighs)

This is going to be one nightmare (putting a pun on Dreams Come True to Ayu) that Ayu fans are going to have to deal with. That bitter pill Ayu and her fans have to take all because of DCT...

Come on Japan, give Ayu a chance at #1!!! Koda Kumi got #1 this year, Namie got #1 (among albums)...#WhyNotAyu??? Clearly this wasn't fair! How could a month-old BEST album outrun Ayu???

For one last time...this is plain old stupid. Stupid Oricon!!!
Old 12th August 2015, 07:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Out of curiosity... All of those 47 songs released after Bold & Delicious either got certifications, huge youtube view numbers, had strong tie-ins, above average sales, were said by her team to be popular among her fandom or are frequently played at her concerts:

Ladies Night
1 LOVE
Startin'
JEWEL
BLUE BIRD
talkin' 2 myself
decision
Together When...
Marionette
glitter
MY ALL
EnergizE
Sparkle
Rule
Days
Microphone
Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~
Lady Dynamite
Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL
You were...
RED LINE
Love song
Last Angel
crossroad
MOON
Last angel
Virgin Road
progress
BRILLANTE
how beautiful you are
Party queen
Wake me up
Song 4 u
SAKURA
You & Me
XOXO
Feel the Love
Hello new me
Pray
Merry-Go-Round
Last Minute
Zutto...
The Gift
Movin' on Without you
The Show Must Go On
Step by step
Summer Diary

A Best 2 had 30 old tracks + Part of me... A lot of those songs were pretty big, so I guess A Best 3 would perform well.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 12th August 2015, 10:51 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post

(sighs)

This is going to be one nightmare (putting a pun on Dreams Come True to Ayu) that Ayu fans are going to have to deal with. That bitter pill Ayu and her fans have to take all because of DCT...

Come on Japan, give Ayu a chance at #1!!! Koda Kumi got #1 this year, Namie got #1 (among albums)...#WhyNotAyu??? Clearly this wasn't fair! How could a month-old BEST album outrun Ayu???

This is the Webster definition of overreacting. Please calm down before you give yourself a heart attack. I promise you, there was no industry-wide scheme to deny Ayu another weekly #1.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:27 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

sixxxxxx dropped to #9 yesterday

Man the sales for albums' yesterday is so poor , it's not even funny . The #1 spot for yesterday , only sold 8,131 copies o_O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 12th August 2015, 11:30 AM
Lelio Protector

Wow still in top 10!

Sales must be really bad this week, except for DCT of course
Old 12th August 2015, 01:17 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Honestly though the rank doesn't matter at all, it's more about the numbers. The rank os more of a symbol and it always depends on the competition

tumblr

Old 12th August 2015, 02:04 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

(sighs)

Dude, I'd assume that DCT's best of would sell at least a bit more than Ayu's mini album with no prior singles. As I said before a #1 is meaningless when the numbers are so low. Back in the days AAA got a #1 with 26 000 copies with their single and it was laughable at best, the same happened with DEF DIVA with a little over 22k if I remember right. Also for your own sake you need to chill. This is not a big deal and surely not an end of the world.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th August 2015, 02:27 PM

lol Bigtop having a meltdown if any artiste he 'supports' doesn't get #1 , epic

I support/listen to so many artistes & not everyone of them has any #1's in their catalogue but do they care ? No , they still continue to release music as it's

#1 or #100 , it's no big deal , really

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 12th August 2015, 02:36 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriStar View Post
Comparison with other female solo artists that are doing better in this oricon year:

Namie Amuro - _genic 227,962 debut: 1995
Superfly - White 129,091 debut: 2007
Taylor Swift – 1989 90,555
JUJU - Request II 77,836 (COVER ALBUM) debut: 2004
Nishino Kana - with Love 75,720 (in 2015, total: 257,032) debut: 2008
miwa - ONENESS 70,246 debut: 2010
Ayaka - Rainbow Road 65,216 debut: 2006
May J. - May J. W Best -Original & Covers- 61,988 (BEST-OF ALBUM) debut: 2006
Taylor Swift – 1989 90,555
JUJU - Request II 77,836 (COVER ALBUM) debut: 2004
Nishino Kana - with Love 75,720 (in 2015, total: 257,032) debut: 2008

These were released last year I think, those don't count

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 12th August 2015, 10:04 PM
poker face Initiate

JUJU's album was released in December 2014, so in the 2015 oricon year. Swift's and Kana's numbers are just those of 2015 - in total, they even sold more.
Old 13th August 2015, 07:19 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Okay, for those of you who complain on my overreaction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
This is the Webster definition of overreacting. Please calm down before you give yourself a heart attack. I promise you, there was no industry-wide scheme to deny Ayu another weekly #1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Dude, I'd assume that DCT's best of would sell at least a bit more than Ayu's mini album with no prior singles. As I said before a #1 is meaningless when the numbers are so low. Back in the days AAA got a #1 with 26 000 copies with their single and it was laughable at best, the same happened with DEF DIVA with a little over 22k if I remember right. Also for your own sake you need to chill. This is not a big deal and surely not an end of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
lol Bigtop having a meltdown if any artiste he 'supports' doesn't get #1 , epic

I support/listen to so many artistes & not everyone of them has any #1's in their catalogue but do they care ? No , they still continue to release music as it's

#1 or #100 , it's no big deal , really
Again, I'm sorry for all those overreactions. Of course we wanted Ayu to get #1...but it was unfortunate that DCT stole the day. But understanding the fact that DCT was a BEST album and Ayu was only a mini-album...it was understandable that DCT can sell more, especially non-fans. I do understand that such best albums are compilation albums of greatest hits, and is ideal for even non-fans to pick up...since it features some of the greatest songs performed throughout the career.

Ayu, however...that wasn't a best album.

After all, there isn't anything that made an unfair advantage to DCT - it seems more people were more interested with DCT than Ayu. After all, there was that speculation about that "wonderland tour that happens every four years" - and it's understandable why DCT had the edge at the end. It's pretty crazy how DCT sold that much at the final day of the week (Sunday) that would lead to the demise of Ayu's #1 run. But then again, more people were interested in DCT, especially when it was a best album, and not Ayu.

I have to relate Ayu's loss to DCT to this: (imagine - Ayu is the white race car who led until before the final turn of the race, DCT is some green race car)

The overreacting that I did here undermines my tendency of why I sometimes overreact pretty much everywhere, including at my house. (I even overreacted when the Seahawks' pass to win the Super Bowl back in February was intercepted by the Patriots in the final 30 seconds of the game! :O) But I have to understand overreacting isn't appropriate in general, and I have to accept these situations that we don't like, such as Ayu losing out #1 to DCT. Then again, these days happen, and we have to move on - we, from Ayu herself, to ourselves here in the AHS community, will have learned lessons from the experience we had throughout the week.

I know it is becoming difficult for Ayu to get #1 this time (compared to the yesteryear), but that's what we have today. This is 2015, NOT 2010 or 2000. Ever since I first joined Ayu fandom back in late 2006/early 2007, I knew that she was on a run of #1 releases. But a year later, when Kobukuro broke Ayu's #1 album streak, we learned the lesson that no streak is safe, and Ayu is now pretty much square one.

It's disappointing though how the string of potentially controversial personal life moves may have turned some of the fans away, but then again, it is normal for soloists to decline sharply in the career, whereas groups such as DCT, Mr.Children, and even SMAP, are more likely to perform well for a long time compared to soloists, after reading some pieces from this thread.

As for this week...I don't think it's likely. And I have a feeling DCT could do it all over again...the albums competition is pretty weak this week.

And, to be honest...I have NOT listened any of the songs from the album yet. Haven't had a chance yet, so I have to question myself why have I not been listening to Ayu recently...

Last edited by Bigtop; 13th August 2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 13th August 2015, 08:23 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Okay, for those of you who complain on my overreaction...

Again, I'm sorry for all those overreactions. Of course we wanted Ayu to get #1...but it was unfortunate that DCT stole the day. But understanding the fact that DCT was a BEST album and Ayu was only a mini-album...it was understandable that DCT can sell more, especially non-fans. I do understand that such best albums are compilation albums of greatest hits, and is ideal for even non-fans to pick up...since it features some of the greatest songs performed throughout the career.

Ayu, however...that wasn't a best album.

After all, there isn't anything that made an unfair advantage to DCT - it seems more people were more interested with DCT than Ayu. After all, there was that speculation about that "wonderland tour that happens every four years" - and it's understandable why DCT had the edge at the end. It's pretty crazy how DCT sold that much at the final day of the week (Sunday) that would lead to the demise of Ayu's #1 run. But then again, more people were interested in DCT, especially when it was a best album, and not Ayu.

I have to relate Ayu's loss to DCT to this: (imagine - Ayu is the white race car who led until before the final turn of the race, DCT is some green race car)

The overreacting that I did here undermines my tendency of why I sometimes overreact pretty much everywhere, including at my house. (I even overreacted when the Seahawks' pass to win the Super Bowl back in February was intercepted by the Patriots in the final 30 seconds of the game! :O) But I have to understand overreacting isn't appropriate in general, and I have to accept these situations that we don't like, such as Ayu losing out #1 to DCT. Then again, these days happen, and we have to move on - we, from Ayu herself, to ourselves here in the AHS community, will have learned lessons from the experience we had throughout the week.

I know it is becoming difficult for Ayu to get #1 this time (compared to the yesteryear), but that's what we have today. This is 2015, NOT 2010 or 2000. Ever since I first joined Ayu fandom back in late 2006/early 2007, I knew that she was on a run of #1 releases. But a year later, when Kobukuro broke Ayu's #1 album streak, we learned the lesson that no streak is safe, and Ayu is now pretty much square one.

It's disappointing though how the string of potentially controversial personal life moves may have turned some of the fans away, but then again, it is normal for soloists to decline sharply in the career, whereas groups such as DCT, Mr.Children, and even SMAP, are more likely to perform well for a long time compared to soloists, after reading some pieces from this thread.

As for this week...I don't think it's likely. And I have a feeling DCT could do it all over again...the albums competition is pretty weak this week.

And, to be honest...I have NOT listened any of the songs from the album yet. Haven't had a chance yet, so I have to question myself why have I not been listening to Ayu recently...
Oh, you're fine. I was very disappointed as well when I heard she got #2. It's disappointing, as DCT's streak should have fairly ended a week or two ago, and I think sixxxxxx deserved #1. It is, like A ONE, such a return to form for Ayu. But, that's just life I guess...

Anyway, Hello there, neighbor. I'm like 1 hour south of you lol.

-> <-
Old 13th August 2015, 08:37 AM
Lelio Protector

We will see if DCT can stay almost 2 years mostly on recochoku's top 5 like A BEST does j/k

But it's great for DCT to stir interest with their hits so far this point in their career.

sixxxxxx is already doing good enough.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:20 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Really, 30k for a mini-album is a great result! Especially in an Oricon world full of gimmicks (not aimed at DCT, more aimed at the countless K-pop/J-pop idols with their handshakes and entry to events/concerts for buying X number of copies of their single...). I'm not familiar if Ayu had any, but I'm guessing not.

Dreams Come True's best-of sold so well because it is a 3-disc career best-of priced insanely well. 3500 yen for 50 songs! Compare that to 1800-3200 yen for Ayu's 6 songs.

I don't think them being a group is the reason why it sells so well. They are very well respected and for good reason. They're versatile with their music, especially in the last decade. Someone similarly well respected, Yuming, released a best-of that was exactly the same: career best-of, 50-ish songs for 3500 yen, and it sold just as well as DCT's.

The Oricon chart is becoming less relevant. You can't really compare numbers between artists anymore like you could 10, 20 years ago. It went from being like comparing peaches and plums to comparing peaches and dog food. Uh yeah, they're both food...and that's it. So don't be upset Ayu lost to a release so completely different to her. She still had the best-selling original album (mini or full) for the week! Good job Ayu!
Old 13th August 2015, 11:18 AM

sixxxxxx went up to #6 (no pun intended)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2015-08-12/

Old 13th August 2015, 11:45 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

sixxxxxx at number six...GREAT!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 13th August 2015, 01:53 PM
winding road H-Initiate

wow.. it might stay on top 10 again!

Old 13th August 2015, 01:53 PM
Far away Initiate

I hope it stays on Top 10 this week!
Old 13th August 2015, 02:48 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

it would be amazing it if could sell at least 5k this week
Old 13th August 2015, 04:41 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I'm confident that Sixxxxxx is going to stay in the top 10 for another week!

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi hamasaki, charts, oricon, sixxxxxx