[Scan and Translation] Cawaii! Feb 2005 cover story - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 15th January 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolution Xavier

[Scan and Translation] Cawaii! Feb 2005 cover story

Ayumi Hamasaki : Always our princess

Ayu’s year 2004 is finally closing… The last big news on 2004 is all about her latest album, “My story” and also her private life, plus some personal fantasies… so let us know Ayu complete in this moment…

In the end, it’s still going back to short hair style!

I don’t know why I would always cut my hair at every year’s end. I remembered that my very first blonde short hairstyle was also at that same period. While on last year I just did the same thing to my hair straightforwardly… Even though at that time I thought “Yeah! My hair is long! So happy! ” but I would kept on doing the same thing over and over again, maybe simply because I just love short hair, it might also because this is my style!

Now under guitar special training~

On every year’s end, I’ll be thinking things like, “Oh yeah! What happened with that thing?” “If I start this does it still have the time to complete it?” which is some kind of a feeling that I suddenly wanted to do a certain jobs badly. Therefore, this year I wanted to try is, “Oh, I wanna play guitar!” Actually I tried a few times back then but I just can’t pick the skill up nicely… , but then I set a goal inside myself that I must reach a certain level that would enable me to perform on the stage live! So everybody, please look forward to my performance~

It feels happy if we can date to meet in the street..

Well… I realize that perfectly myself, because I can’t do that in the reality. But to be true, I once thought that my current life was so boring, such as if I just having a party or have some outings, the first thing in the next morning, I’ll be in the tabloids being exaggeratedly “scooped”… that was scary! (laughs) I do sometimes wanna take the subways like every normal Japanese citizen does, or doing something like hardly combing the crowd in front of the Cyuuinu Yaku statue (note) and yell, “I finally see you!” to my best friends that I saw from far away. It is a feeling filled with happiness. Those things were quite common for me during my high-school era and it is taken for granted, but I didn’t notice these little things during that time, I felt a bit regretful though…. Hey, why am I complaining? (laughs)

Although I don’t want to become a real princess, but I still have the mood to become one, and it’s high!

I always feel that princesses are unfortunate; they always seemed to giving others an impression of having a stressful life. So, that’s definitely no way for me. (laughs)

I would rather be a free common girl than being a princess, but then, I of course love the feeling of being shiny and graceful or bouncy! Girls do feel over the moon with that sort of thing. It’s good too to turn the flavour of the day with a surreal feel, but today it seems a bit overboard. (laughs)

The very first album that I felt very OK and exciting with!

Me myself have a perfect one-word definition for this album : Rockish. For a person like me, who is always being at the extreme border on everything, from the tune selection, self composing and lyrics writing until the compilation and mixing, I spend a lot of time and effort into this, and often during the recording, I would have a good vision saying that this will be a good album, just like the album’s name “My Story”, it talks all of my personal feelings and flash-back since my first debut until present.

At the same time of the album’s compilation, I would view and judge the album in the third-person perspective to try determining the overall balance-ness of the album, followed by putting in various tracks with different styles, but this time it hit the jackpot; not only that the overall is integrated, which is better than my expectations, also I wrote the lyrics of what I really wanted to express, while selected my preferred music style… such a free attempt without any restrictions naturally produced a rockish album. I really wasn’t meant it, but when I normally listening to songs, I would always choose rock songs therefore it’s no harm done.

To sum up, this album does truly expressed what’s in my mind it really feels great doing this, it even made me realized some parts of me… Until now, even when I considered several issues when writing a song, such as seasons or a change of a trend, I do sometimes being required to write something that I don’t intend, like “sing ballads during winters”, but, that’s because I too wanted to try that, so it’s really nothing to complain about.

Since the single “INSPIRE” I can finally doing things I really wanted to do, thus I started to planning something which is not a seasonal theme but a freely theme. Luckily, I have enough time so I can take my time during lyrics writing and compose tunes that I wanted.

If I have to choose between lyrics writing and singing, I would definitely take lyrics writing with no doubt! It really can let me know that I like being a creative singer. In fact that’s the only thing I’m truly good at and let go of living pain out of me. It’s just like “BOOM!” being plucked out from the bottleneck! It’s been so long since I had that feeling last time! (laughs)

Every time when I finished a song it will be a “,” , then when another song finished it’s a “,” again. Then when I wrote this song named “0000” then it is a “.”. This is what this album truly gave me. It is not only having the greatness of achieve or completion but the good feeling of conquering bottlenecks of creativity during the making of this album. The completion of this album makes year 2004 very meaningful for me, and so I wanted to continue more freely in the year 2005. Although I can now fully use of my space but I wanted to further use any free space available, I think maybe this is the way that can only make me see and experience a lot more things. This time, this album considered to be reached a new phase of my career. And I felt I’m a brand new self again in this phase. Therefore, I hope every one can listen to my “self-confidence work” by heart this time, and do stay tuned for a brand new Ayu in the year 2005!

Translated by Isaac Hiew
Translated from Cawaii!
Chinese International Edition
Vol. February 2005
Translated on 15th January 2005

Side note: The statue thingy is a famous tourist attraction and a good place to meet up your dates and your friends at Shibuya, Tokyo.

http://www.tcvb.or.jp/ch/image/tokyo...kyo/e_hati.gif

Ayumi fashion caption

Page 2 (Ayumi with a white dress)

Ear rings: 8295 yen / Baby Doll
Luxurious lamp: 9800 yen / Ash and Diamonds
Flowers and fur set on the microphone: 7500 yen / Vacancy Club
Pink fur: 1449 yen

All stores above are under Claire’s and can be found in front of the Harajuku Station. Others are Ayumi’s personal items.

Page 3 (Ayumi looking in front)

Zebra-style doll dress: 9900 / Besty Johnsson (PEACH JOHN THE CATALOG)
Inner layer yellow shoulder-strap dress: 9870 yen / Besty Johnsson (PEACH JOHN THE CATALOG)
Neck chain: 10290 yen / DelilaH
Bangle with diamond chain: 52290 yen / Baby Doll

Others are Ayumi’s personal items.

Page 5 (Last Page, Ayumi with a leopard dress)

Leopard strap blouse: 10290 yen / DelilaH
Long fur:30450 yen / FACETH
Bangle on the left hand: 4095 yen / G2?

Others are Ayumi’s personal items.

Notice: This article/picture is translated/scanned by Isaac Hiew and should be posted in Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai only . If you would like to use this piece of article/pictures on other online websites or printed material, please kindly send a PM, email or notify me on MSN Messenger for permission.

All currency stated are subject to change on current price tag shown on the date of publishing.

All ownership rights are belong to Miss Ayumi Hamasaki, Avex Trax, Cawaii! Magazine Taiwan and Japan. This article only serves as a share for those Ayumi Hamasaki fans who only understands English. So please don’t sue me, dude. :-P

Old 15th January 2005, 04:15 PM
July 1st Initiate

Great! Thanks for the translation. I can really see how much Ayu has felt for this album, it truly being herself. I think she's trying to change the perspective of fans as well, like what kind of music does Ayu herself like to listen to? Then maybe we can feel more for her songs as well!

And I share the same sentiments too! MY STORY is indeed a well balanced and great way to end off 2004!
Old 15th January 2005, 04:52 PM
from your letter Initiate

Thanks for the translation!! ^_^

Old 15th January 2005, 05:48 PM
Evolution Xavier

http://www.ahsforum.com/mod/Isaachiew/

phew after a battle of nearly 4 hours i finally uploaded the pics.....

THANK GOD!

this is the hardest mission ever in my life. I encountered so many setbacks and difficulties, dead ends during the translation, scanning and uploading....

finally it all has been done.

a big thank you to nmskalmn and Lebutler as my tech support, I think FTP isn't that bad after all.... can use some experience after all!

Enjoy the pics!

Old 15th January 2005, 05:51 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

it says it's a private account right now. thanks for the translation.

tsubasa wo kudasai.
www.youtube.com/mtrlevolution
www.dashiz.com
よろしくね!
Old 15th January 2005, 06:16 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Thanks for the translation!

livejournal / last.fm / tumblr / goodreads

Old 15th January 2005, 06:28 PM
Two of us Initiate

If thes files are 5mb or under i can store them on one of my personal dedicated server
Old 15th January 2005, 06:35 PM
independent Initiate

super thanks!! btw I'm clueless about your past life haha

Last edited by lolo66; 15th January 2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 15th January 2005, 07:14 PM
forgiveness Initiate

thanks for the translation!! I'm so excited that Ayu will be learning to play the guitar. I can't wait to see her play it <3 <3
Old 15th January 2005, 07:18 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Thank you for the translation
Old 15th January 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolution Xavier

thanks for your offer for storing my files but I already have completed my job. All you have to do is to enjoy.

Old 15th January 2005, 09:37 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I loved that interview! It was wonderful! Seeing Ayu playing the guitar is a wonderful thought... I can't wait!

Old 15th January 2005, 11:10 PM
glitter Initiate

Thanks soooo much for the translation!

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 15th January 2005, 11:44 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
thanks for the translation!!! lol i wanna see her play guitar too!
Old 15th January 2005, 11:48 PM
ever free Initiate

thank you soo much!! it was very nice of you to do this!

~thanks to takke for the ava n sig~

aisu koto wa itami wo kanjiru koto demo aru, dakedomo ikiteiku tame ni wa ai ga hitsuyou nanda...

my xanga...hannanah
Old 16th January 2005, 04:16 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Thank you so much for taking the time to translate this. I often wondered why there aren't more translated articles about Ayumi, considering how popular she is. Anyway, thanks so much for this! I'm excited to see if Ayumi will learn how to play guitar and I'm also looking forward to her work in 2005.
Old 16th January 2005, 05:54 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Wow, thank you so much for your time! It's really great to be able to read all this! I can't wait to see her play the guitar and see the new Ayu in 2005! I'm excited all over again!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 16th January 2005, 06:29 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Thanks for the translation!

Upcoming Hello! Project CD releases
11/23 Berryz Koubou - Gag 100kai bun Aishite Kudasai
12/21 Pucchi Best 6
1/25 Maki Goto - [14th Single]

k so i don't post that much anymore. if anything in my sig is off title-wise/date-wise, i apologize. i'm not on here all that often anymore.

Thanks to thejadedangel for my lovely set! <33
Old 16th January 2005, 09:24 PM
BEST Initiate

Thank you so much, how awesome of you, Isaac! I feel very informed.
Old 16th January 2005, 11:48 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

*o* sugoi! She's learning guitar!! It's so great to hear how proud she is of this album! ^__^ I love it as well. hehe. THANKS FOR TRANSLATION!

I always hear a voice calling my name.
I will think of you for ever and ever.