Online Shopping Help **READ FIRST** - Page 14 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2009, 02:30 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
^ya, but their padded evelope is with bubblewrap and quite safe. I have not heard anyone who have crack cases from hmv before.

actually I did received a cracked CD case from HMV Japan before . That happened last year when I ordered both CD only's editions of BREAKERZ's Angelic Smile / WINTER PARTY

but it's ok , I have spare CD casings on hand so I just replaced them as it's

Quote:
--->sorry you are right i got confused writting cuz i order from many many website not only mumo and hmv and cdjapan , i always go for whoever is the cheappest on the book or the cd .

i have always received my item in exellant condition with hmv. their huge ems padded envellope are great .they are enough tick to hold the cds and small books .

well what i like about cd japan is that the poster never get damaged thanks to the box but if the cd doesnt come with the poster than i dont order it from cdjapan because the shipping remain a little bit pricy ( they have a good selection of jrock and visual kei though) .
well the bad side of things (depending on how you look at it) for HMV Japan's that when comes to posters & etc , they folded them & stuffed it into the padded envelope

I know because last year when I ordered both CD only's editions of BREAKERZ's Angelic Smile / WINTER PARTY , both of them came with a B2 sized poster each & HMV Japan stuffed both posters into the envelope in which I'm frankly OK with it

It's not like CDJapan where they roll them nicely/proper & put them inside a bigger box

I know for CDJapan's case as I bought BREAKERZ's GRAND FINALE single earlier this year & the 1st press item was a B2 poster again so yup

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th September 2009, 03:09 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i agree with you karenpang. i dont really care that they fold the poster ( because when i buy those shoxx magazine the poster come folded inside anyway, so i got used to it lol ) but if i know that the single or album will come with the poster i prefer cd japan because of the box and i would advice anyone to do the same if they care about the lines on the poster .
i wonder why hmv doesnt start to ship the cd and poster in a box too .it would be so much nicer and they would get more costumers.

did you contact hmv about the broken case? maybe they could have replace it for you.good things you had an extra case :-)

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/

Last edited by gothicayu; 5th September 2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 03:42 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^i think you are just unlucky with YA's customer service. they are not that bad, or maybe it's the US site.
Although their tour merchadise seem over price, but if you were to order using middleman, it costs almost the same, just that YA's price is USD$1 to $4 more(except the umbrella when first listed, but come to think of it, the price at auction sites had gotten way higher then YA's, it's still okay). But during their sales period, the prices for tour goodies are amazing CHEAP!!!! some of them are even cheaper then the price on mumo, like the PCDL towel, and those ayupan x hello kitty pouches.
so, don't give up on them yet!

About their customer service, I once had a order, lost in the mail, since the items are already sold out, they gave me a refund. but i order from the global site, since i'm in Singapore.
And, my friend had good experience with them, that time he order 30 pieces of 10th anniversary ayupans and it got lost in the mail, they resend them to him.

My Instagram

Old 5th September 2009, 03:46 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicayu View Post
i agree with you karenpang. i dont really care that they fold the poster ( because when i buy those shoxx magazine the poster come folded inside anyway, so i got used to it lol ) but if i know that the single or album will come with the poster i prefer cd japan because of the box and i would advice anyone to do the same if they care about the lines on the poster .
i wonder why hmv doesnt start to ship the cd and poster in a box too .it would be so much nicer and they would get more costumers.

did you contact hmv about the broken case? maybe they could have replace it for you.good things you had an extra case :-)
yeah I used to buy local magazines here & they always have folded posters inside them so I'm used to that in this aspect of things

HMV Japan's probably lazy in a way or 2 that's why they rather stuff a poster & a CD inside the padded envelope & it's not the normal size . It's HUGE , it's even bigger than the ones I used when I sometimes mail things overseas to friends

& ah I didn't contacted them about the broken CD cases because I already replaced the broken casings with new ones & I don't see the need to go after them on this matter

it's different if they were to sent me a different CD from what I ordered though them

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th September 2009, 03:46 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

lacus,they fully refund or refund 50% of the total?do they delay the payment?like wanna check with the post office if really get lost-delay few weeks....
then wanna refund-check with banks or what-so-ever - delay few weeks
like that?

Old 5th September 2009, 04:07 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^it's a full refund, they gave me back in YEsasia credits, so i can use the refund for future purchase.
and it has been 1 full month after shipment, so it is lost.

My Instagram

Old 5th September 2009, 04:21 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i see...i thought they will revert it back to your bank account...

Old 5th September 2009, 04:52 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

there is one thing that surprised me i was looking at avex taiwan http://www.avex.com.tw/4th/index.asp?cateid=2&subid= it seems they sell music online at eshop ( not sure if its mp3 or actual cd, i even saw goodies) anybody have ever use that website ?. how come they dont do that at an international level? itunes japan have surch an amazing selection of japanese music ... if only they could sell more jpop music on itunes europe and us that would be great .

by the way anyone know if ayu gonna have a new happy box coming soon?

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/

Last edited by gothicayu; 5th September 2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 04:57 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

ya..i noticed that too...they sell only to taiwan and not international... >.<
(but its now closed)
need to find middleman to get it...and another taiwan site that provides international shipping is www.books.com.tw
but the shipping to outside taiwan is superb expensive.its almost the same price with that item @@

Last edited by nanakopy87; 5th September 2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 05:01 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thank you nanakopy87 . that other webiste looks amazing, i didnt know about that one. they have a HUGE selection of books . i guess i will start doing my shopping on that one . as for the shipping mmmm i m sure if you ask somebody they must have some kind of cheap shipping ( via boat or like media mail ). i will search if its possible to get cheap shipping from taiwan if so its really interresting to buy books from there . they have really good prices.
i think all you need to do is to ship it taiwan to taiwan and than use somebody to ship it international. the price that they are giving for international seems high . it might be for fast shipping?

Last edited by gothicayu; 5th September 2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 05:21 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

gothic,where are you from?
i once tried to buy something from taiwan...it needs around 1 week to reach my country here,malaysia...but its very expensive(shipping fees) and i don't really buy for there anymore...unless i can find a good and reliable middleman who can charge me more cheaper :p
just like that day i saw books.com.tw there selling ayu's PCDL sports towel for approximately USD30++ .this excludes postage...so,expect the price will go up to USD40 and above after include the shipping fee

Old 5th September 2009, 05:45 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i m in the us.1 week is pretty good than that explain the expensive shipping . i know japan have those slow shipping for dirt cheap but it takes 3 weeks to a month. i wanna try to find if taiwan have the same system at the post office . in america we have media mail to ship heavy stuff for cheap sadly media mail can ony be use if ship within us .

Old 5th September 2009, 05:54 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i see....you know chinese words?

Old 5th September 2009, 06:09 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i m learning that's why this website is interresting.its easier to speak than read lol. i can find easily books in japanese but i can never find books in chinese. you can use babel fish to translate :-) (even though it give funny translation sometimes )

Old 5th September 2009, 06:50 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

hahahaha....the translation is funny...i don't use them,i can red but not very fluent ...lol...i don't like to use books.coom.tw because they need your passport ID and so on which i don't really like to reveal online ...this is why i rather let middleman to do it...
anyway,good luck in exploring this site

Old 5th September 2009, 09:34 AM
BALLAD Initiate

well shipping fees in TW aren't cheap(especially for books), it might be almost the same, or even more expensive if you use a middleman. like china, taiwan prefer to use register(aka something like ems) mail, as lost mail or mishandling is common in taiwan, it might not be due to the staff's fault, as taiwan have a lot of natural disaters(floods for example). with a tracking code, at least they can know where's the item last seen.

as for taiwan avex shop, they can only ship within taiwan because japan side only gives them the lisense to sell within their country. I had enquiry them about that years ago, when they first start to sell tour goodies, along with other members from china, but that is the answer avex taiwan gave us. so i end up using a middleman from mumo

My Instagram

Old 5th September 2009, 09:41 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thanks lalcus for those informations.that's a pity for avex taiawan becase they have a very good selection of cds and goodies. avex really need to open an "avex wolrd " for people that live outside of taiwan and japan.

it somewhat make sence though since ayu is only touring in japan and taiwan, they dont wanna take risk i guess spending a lot of money on something they dont know ...

Old 5th September 2009, 10:02 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

in case,if anyone wants to try www.books.com.tw
this is how they charge :
http://www.books.com.tw/exep/qa/item..._id=0000000129
博客來寄送至海外地區運費之計算方式:【(基本費 + 商品定價8%~100%)*(1+ (兵險費率%+燃油費率%)

in short, the amount you need to pay is
[service charge(A)+ITEM PRICE BEFORE DISCOUNT(B)*ITEM charges 8~100%(C)]=(D)
[1+(insurance 2%(E)+ fuel surcharge 15%(F))]=(G)
(D)*(G)= (H)
(H)+(I)=(J)

note : (I) is the discounted price(if not discount,use back the normal price)
(H) is your postage fee

so lets say you wanna buy ayu's s/s single from there,http://www.books.com.tw/exep/cdfile.php?item=0020134375
you need to pay
[(150+269)*8%=33.52
[1+(2%+15%)=1.17
33.52*1.17=39.2184
39.2184+269=NT308.22

so,the price for s/s single is
9.38065 USD

(THIS IS THE PRICE FOR SHIPPING TO ASIA...different countries,different charges)

hmm,its hard to understand this calculation....hope you guys can understand it :p

in case no one can understand what i'm talking about,this is the page translated by google translate
http://translate.google.com/translat...state0=&swap=1

Old 6th September 2009, 04:31 AM
BALLAD Initiate

i tried not to order books online as the shipping kills me, like normal manga cost like USD$8 with shipping to me(considering i get 5 volumes to cut down shipping cost), but i can jolly well get it in my local kinokuniya for USD$4.50 each, and that is without my membership discount.

buying books from a bookstore is well better, as they buy in lots and save a lot on shipping.

My Instagram

Old 6th September 2009, 05:22 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

wow manga are only 4.50$ brand new in singapour ????? omg i need to do a trip there lol its dirt cheap . here its like 7 or 8 dollars brand new+tax its almost 10$already T-T so i dont buy many manga because its expensive .

Closed Thread

Tags
bootleg, cdjapan, hmv japan, online shopping, ordering, play-asia, yesasia