Ayu is now on Spotify - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th July 2018, 06:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Promotional mess or not, let's be factual. Spotify: Currently 3,070 plays (200k monthly listeners); Awa: 5,616, added to favourites by 163 people (out of 76k subscribers). Somebody mentioned it was occupying number 6 in terms of popularity on this platform. Honestly, the only thing it proves then how weak awa is. Also, as somebody else mentioned, barely any media noticed it (1 portal?), only users who subscribe saw that something weird appeared but those numbers clearly show that even they didn't show much interest.

Let me add one thing. I am trying to provide a constructive criticism of the "promo" I don't like. Even if it's an accident or not, neither one of these options forbids anyone from enjoying it. Like I said, I think I would enjoy it if I got a proper release of the song.
Gosh those numbers are so poor. How do people in Japan consume music nowdays?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th July 2018, 08:27 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's a lot of YouTube if they can. Or via Apple sources? When I saw anyone listening to July 1st, it was on old iPods or using iTunes somehow.

The chart that the song got on for AWA was "recently added songs total plays" or something and has gone up to no.4 on there but it doesn't seem like there's a ton of plays to begin with on AWA.

Last edited by truehappiness; 6th July 2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 6th July 2018, 09:45 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think it's a lot of YouTube if they can.
How can they do that though? Japanese official channels never upload music videos entirely lol Short versions are still a thing there it seems.

Physical sales overall are decreasing, streaming isn't very common either, seems like japanese people don't really care for music anymore?

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 6th July 2018, 09:53 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
How can they do that though? Japanese official channels never upload music videos entirely lol Short versions are still a thing there it seems.

Physical sales overall are decreasing, streaming isn't very common either, seems like japanese people don't really care for music anymore?
That's just true for certain companies/artists, not for the whole market.
Even within avex it depends on the artist.
Especially artists being popular with the younger generations are uploading full videos and doing YouTube lives and so on.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th July 2018, 10:40 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post

YouTube is not an option for some artists, but some bigger artists have full videos out especially nowadays. In the cases where there isn't a YouTube option people probably either rip them from rentals or buy.

I think CD rentals (then ripping files from them) are probably the big thing that is not as common anywhere else that Japan has access to. Streaming isn't nearly as big as physical in Japan still but it's growing, same for downloads... but people are still able to get their music somehow, lol.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...outube-report/
http://musically.com/2017/09/25/riaj...reaming-japan/

Quote:
38.4% listened to physical CDs.

27% played their favorite tracks from ripped digital files.

9.7% listened to music downloads.

8.7% listened to online radio.

6% used free streaming platforms.

3.9% paid to stream their tracks.

The key question: the RIAJ asked people how they listen to music, with 42.7% saying they used YouTube.
Here's a somewhat recent report. Basically it says physical CDs + CD rips + YouTube are what people use but the amount polled wasn't too large. Still, it's something. The numbers may add up a bit strangely due to allowing multiple answers from the participants.

Last edited by truehappiness; 6th July 2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 7th July 2018, 08:48 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Here is a good list for YouTube channels, if you wanna have a look:
http://minuskakugo.blogspot.com/p/ja...resources.html

If you look at avex' official channel alone, you'll see that the majority of uploaded PVs are full ones.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 7th July 2018, 12:39 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
If you look at avex' official channel alone, you'll see that the majority of uploaded PVs are full ones.
I always thought these full videos were blocked for japanese users (like Ayu ones).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 7th July 2018, 12:55 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^often that's the case

Old 7th July 2018, 01:16 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^in ayu's case, all these full songs (e.g. if someone uploads "Heartplace") and videos on avex's channel are blocked in Japan. Thus, the 'small' amount of views. They can watch all the stuff on ayu's channel though and those few full PV's there (like Last Minute).

Old 7th July 2018, 01:27 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I always thought these full videos were blocked for japanese users (like Ayu ones).
I've just checked the restrictions for a bunch of videos on their channel - none of them have one.
And when I lived in Japan last year, I've never had problems accessing YouTube videos.
So this might be a thing of the past, except for a few artists.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 7th July 2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 8th July 2018, 06:16 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I don't have access to Ayu videos in full, so there's still restrictions in play here.

Japan doesn't really have a radio culture either, so streaming probably won't take off.

You can literally rent CDs for 1 dollar, not to mention buy them for dirt cheap at book off.

Sales, in terms of physical releases, still sees Japan at or near the top. If Oricon properly counted digital sales as well, I doubt artists would pale that much in comparison to western countries.

It takes Japan like 10 years to finally start adapting to changes. I do think that eventually sales will be counted...

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 8th July 2018, 08:14 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Gosh those numbers are so poor. How do people in Japan consume music nowdays?
I thought they used LINE Music?
Old 8th July 2018, 10:33 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think LINE Music is counted along with the services like Spotify and so on. LINE Music also doesn't have a free option, it's subscription only.
Old 9th July 2018, 01:13 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't use any streaming service? I hate streaming services with passion. I'm still using my sony walkman mp3 player (which I noticed a lot of Japanese people also use) and for me streaming services would take away a lot of my music listening experience.
Old 9th July 2018, 03:05 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ no, you're not the only one.

I wouldn't say it's something to brag about though - streaming is the future.
Old 9th July 2018, 03:05 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't use any streaming service? I hate streaming services with passion. I'm still using my sony walkman mp3 player (which I noticed a lot of Japanese people also use) and for me streaming services would take away a lot of my music listening experience.
Same. I really don't feel the need of getting streaming apps, I get my music from Jpopsuki or Pirate Bay, sometimes from here and YouTube using conversion softwares.
Old 9th July 2018, 04:06 AM
still alone Initiate

I'm not going to start that debate again but it makes me happy to see Japan keep physical media alive. I use both physical music and streaming (youtube, spotify ect.) We have the best of both worlds and the freedom to choose.
For now, anyway.
Old 9th July 2018, 05:56 AM
still alone Initiate

Looks like the third arrangement has been released.

AX_WAT_516 SMZ-ATS_arr#3
Old 9th July 2018, 06:32 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

whatever this song is meant to be, I want it already! this arrangement has minor changes but I like it. and now the song has an ending, the previous one cut in the end
Old 9th July 2018, 07:06 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ Yea high five! I am in love with the demo, it sounds promising. A mix of Summer Diary and TODAY. The melody is really sweet!
Hopefully she will sing this song on a'nation. I need it already... what title will it get...
I don't know about you guys but I have become very very excited about the new album because of the demos. New material is coming soooooooon and I am literally checking any spare time on AHS hoping there is news!

Closed Thread

Tags
spotify