[a] Ayu and Max? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 20th December 2008, 09:07 PM
xLitax

Ayu and Max?

Does anyone know a better story of how they met? All I know is they were at a bar and he wanted to sign her to avex. Thank you.
Old 20th December 2008, 09:56 PM
Far away Initiate

Nope it wasn't at a bar. It was at Velfarre, a famous avex-owned disco club once owned by famous producer Tetsuya Komuro. Ayu's friend apparently knew Max and invited him to come along and karaoke. Max saw Ayumi sing and thought she should do it for real. She turned down his offer because at that time she wasn't very trusting of people. Eventually he got her to do it. That's basically how the story goes...

Quote:
Then a friend who worked at the club, owned by the record label Avex, invited her out for a night of karaoke that forever changed her life. The friend had also invited Masato ("Max") Matsuura, who introduced himself to Hamasaki as a producer. "I'd never heard of Avex," Hamasaki recalls, laughing. "When he asked if I wanted to pursue a singing career, I said, 'No way.' He was this older guy, and I thought the whole thing sounded fishy." Over the following year, though, Matsuura persisted. Finally she relented to his request that she at least attend vocal training, only because "I had nothing better to do." ...
Source: http://www.time.com/time/asia/featur...ki/cover3.html
Old 20th December 2008, 10:33 PM
ever free Initiate

^Ayu was new in Tokyo at that time, and if you see a picture of Max you can see one of the reasons why she thought it was something fishy xD He looks like someone who could be part of something related with prositution or things like that, and Ayu was this pretty girl who was already a model, so Iīm sure she already had a lot of indecent prepositions and things like these. Also, if someone gets to you on the street and says "hey, wanna be a singer?" you donīt believe him at all. xD
Old 20th December 2008, 11:09 PM
xLitax

^^ Thanks for the correction.

^ Haha yeah. I wouldn't have taken him up on the offer either.