WOWOW to broadcast ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ on September 23 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th September 2018, 11:25 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
I'm sad she changed outfits and hair for the final for HBYA on July 21st she looked just like in the PV and when she started singing and the video was shown behind her at first I thought they are showing her live. I really wanted to see it that way again (((
My thoughts exactly! She looked stunning on the 21st, I was really amazed by her beauty and it fitted the hbya performance so well.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 24th September 2018, 01:16 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I didn't expect to see my face so often
So much memories and feelings Give my that bluray asap!
Old 24th September 2018, 03:19 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
My thoughts exactly! She looked stunning on the 21st, I was really amazed by her beauty and it fitted the hbya performance so well.
Agreed. I was on 21st show~ I realized 21st her hair was totally different from 22nd for forgiveness and evolution
Old 24th September 2018, 05:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I love the Mad world performance it was so raw ! Great overall and strong vocal throughout the whole concert.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 25th September 2018, 11:37 AM
Over Initiate

So I just watched it, and I'm sorry, this was maybe one of her most boring concerts yet. Her vocals were flawless and it was all really great, but I just didn't feel it. The whole orchestral theme didn't do anything for me either.

There were a few good things though.

A Song is Born was way better than I could've expected, she did that really well. Nothing special, but she nailed the vocals. I was even very positive with Timmy in Brillante, his performance was amazing and it really added a lot to the whole thing.

And when they went back to forgiveness at the end, I was close to being in tears, it was so beautiful and such a great end to the show. And that was quite the accomplishment, since I think that song in general is one of the most boring she's ever made But she added much more power to it in this show, than the original track has.

But basically everything in between was just 'meh'. As we know that she'll be downsizing, I hope her next tour will be more in the spirit of Chapter 3, that was absolutely amazing.

Edit: Oh, and also, ever free <3 <3 <3

Last edited by PinkShinigami; 25th September 2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 25th September 2018, 03:00 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Don't know if it's me, but I couldn't hear much of a big difference with the string orchestra in some of the songs (ex. B&D, B&G) Unless they fix it in the DVD/Blu-ray and turn up the sound from the orchestra. I think the orchestra played a bigger role in PoM 2011?

Last edited by ayuinh.k?; 25th September 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 25th September 2018, 09:13 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Just finished watching. And finally I can take a breath, cause this left me totally BREATHLESS-SPEECHLESS - I watched it in one go.

I love just everything - flawless vocals (!!!), astonishing orchestral rearrangements, beautiful visuals, refreshing setlist. This tour turned out to be not about props, discomegadrive and pop-show entertainment, and I find it ultimately inspiring. What an unexpectedly charming, elegant and gorgeous celebration of 20 years...

And after 20 years of music creation and ultra-heavy performing (ayu's fans are the most spoiled fans in the world, no doubt) she still SLAYS. Ayu NAILED it.

It might seem stupid and childish for a 30 y.o. man (it definitely is), but during these moments I'm sooo proud to be her fan!

P.S. I need blu-r, I need flac of the live, cause every single song shall be downloaded on my music player NOW!
Old 25th September 2018, 09:37 PM
Voyage Initiate

Loving reading all the reviews! I hope we get a Blu-Ray release. I'd actually love a boxset of TA Tour 2016, JTB Parts 1-3 and POM 2018, thanks!
Old 26th September 2018, 01:25 AM
Initiate

Ah...too bad they cut diary. I liked the new arrangement w miccie and yongae. Was curtain call cut from the wowow also or did Ayu not sing it on that day?
Old 26th September 2018, 02:10 AM
still alone Initiate

Hearing all these reviews makes me want to watch it asap.
Old 26th September 2018, 02:38 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ (WOWOW Ver.)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av323...50708690749136
Old 26th September 2018, 06:42 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Ah...too bad they cut diary. I liked the new arrangement w miccie and yongae. Was curtain call cut from the wowow also or did Ayu not sing it on that day?
curtain call was replaced with The way I am on the last day.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 26th September 2018, 09:26 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Something bugged me about Mad World footage though. In one shot she had different hair, more flat and ironed. I also laughed hard one time. Catcher In The Light was supposed to end with frog guy doing his swing trick but he slipped on a mattress. They cut that part
I hope TROUBLE reveal will be back in full release too — it was intense.
Old 26th September 2018, 07:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
curtain call was replaced with The way I am on the last day.
Thanks for clarifying. It's a shame they cut diary though, it was nice with both miccie and yongae

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3ye View Post
Something bugged me about Mad World footage though. In one shot she had different hair, more flat and ironed. I also laughed hard one time. Catcher In The Light was supposed to end with frog guy doing his swing trick but he slipped on a mattress. They cut that part
Wow that does sound pretty intense...I feel like (Suke3?) pulled it off when I was there (different day) but I honestly don't remember now haha. TBH I actually like when they include the screw ups and mistakes from the actual show they record, it makes performers more human and less perfect in my opinion. Iirc they used different footage for CDL 15-16, at one point her dress was stuck in the stage but they erased it from the bluray

Last edited by AJFmzk; 28th September 2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 28th September 2018, 03:48 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3ye View Post
The hair issue in Mad World bugged me too. I was like whuuut?!

and yes, the frogman did not have a perfect landing on 22 July. I witnessed it.
Old 30th September 2018, 04:33 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikagai View Post
Just finished watching. And finally I can take a breath, cause this left me totally BREATHLESS-SPEECHLESS - I watched it in one go.

I love just everything - flawless vocals (!!!), astonishing orchestral rearrangements, beautiful visuals, refreshing setlist. This tour turned out to be not about props, discomegadrive and pop-show entertainment, and I find it ultimately inspiring. What an unexpectedly charming, elegant and gorgeous celebration of 20 years...

And after 20 years of music creation and ultra-heavy performing (ayu's fans are the most spoiled fans in the world, no doubt) she still SLAYS. Ayu NAILED it.

It might seem stupid and childish for a 30 y.o. man (it definitely is), but during these moments I'm sooo proud to be her fan!

P.S. I need blu-r, I need flac of the live, cause every single song shall be downloaded on my music player NOW!
you speak my mind!!! I lost my words really!

and for me this show really speaks THAT Power of Music, yea maybe she didnt have like the full orchestra members there, but all the time we only get Ayu, Ayu and music, I loooove all the arrangements!

omg cant get enough that Mad World/ Ever Free performance!! during Mad World where runs towards Yo chan ( I love the angle of the back cam here) then she changed a bit the key for "kono jidai wo dou ikiru" gosh that jrock side of herrr,

Ever Free arrangement especially towards the end!!! the lighting job works really well here <333333

Brillante, I feel like screaming "wakanda foreverrr" loool but really she looked gorgeous and loved the feel, better than PoM 2011

Season <3333 HBYA <333 the dress and the tiara, also I would love to see her in that dress of HBYA PV too!

Next Level new arrangement, love it, fun , brilliant, she danced a bit during the chorus

then Surreal full version!! Love it after so long didnt hear this song in full version live.

so yeah bluray asap pleaseee

ps: still cant move with real me at TA Tour 2016, and now she slayyeeddd with PoM 2018 lol
Old 30th September 2018, 07:46 AM
too late Initiate

I really enjoy this show more than TA TOUR 2016, it is one of her best concerts ever. Although the outfits are reused and the performances are not so attractive as she did in the past, I can feel her whole emotion and the concert is like the review of your career. She is the singer in this show, not the performers anymore.

evolution, Mad World, TO BE, hbya, NEXT LEVEL.... all of the songs make me say "Happy your 20th anniversary, ayu" unreasonably. It's true
Old 30th September 2018, 12:01 PM
rainy day Initiate

I'm watching it now. Wow, really impressed by the show and (edited?) vocals so far!!

No dancers in the ASfxx - ever free section? YAS. I also loved the part where Ayu and Yochan were on the treadmill thingy during ASfxx. I feel like it's sort of an homage to DT01.

-EDIT-

After watching it in full, I have to say this is probably one of my favourite Ayu concerts ever. Sure we don't have the signature Ayu theatrics which may be a good thing because it's been... too much in recent times. In a concert like this, we really just need Ayu's amazing stage presence and great vocals which were both there. I really loved ever free's and NEXT LEVEL's new arrangement - really breathed new life into these songs. I want to own it physically now!

Last edited by jiarongisme; 1st October 2018 at 03:43 AM.
Old 30th September 2018, 12:40 PM
Initiate

I've just finished watching the concert and I'm speechless. It was an amazing show, the setlist was great and her vocals (edited or not) were soooo good. Simple and touching performances of classic songs with powerful lyrics.

That's the type of tours I definitely wanna see in the future.
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:53 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

It was really good.

Tags
arena tour 2018, power of music, wowow