Ayu one of the hardest working artists? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 15th July 2016, 10:05 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Ayu one of the hardest working artists?

I was just thinking about the artists of the world after, and many are not true artists what I call (people who are just a voice and sign when told, not write there own lyrics) then we have ones like ayu, writes all her lyrics, multiple tours a year, an album a year (were west artists were lucky to get 2 albums in 2 years, and a tour every 3+ years). I guess its more about there own work and effort over endorsements and who is currently #1, more about content and its quality on a years basis. But who do people think is truly a hard working artist who gives it their all, and do you think ayu could be top on the list of artist who are a true music star. Also referring to current signers who are still active in the world

Old 15th July 2016, 01:58 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Ayu is definetely hard working, but it's hard to say if she works harder than Koda for example who also releases stuff and tours yearly or your average brazilian big star who will perform 20 days a month or more (really). Also, we don't have real access to what happens out of the public view and there are several cases where the final result we have access may look simple but took a ton of work behind the curtains.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th July 2016, 04:22 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Ayu is a hard worker and it clearly means a lot to her.

An artist who comes to my mind as someone who was practically married to music is Prince. That guy was sooooo dedicated to his field.
Old 15th July 2016, 04:46 PM
Far away Initiate

Of course! She is not called a workaholic for nothing.

Considering how she took control over her production during the LOVEppears era, even sacrificing her sleep to check her music video editing and stuff
Old 15th July 2016, 07:06 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I think many japanese artist work really hard.

VAMPS working a lot. Even if they don't release much music, they touring, touring and touring. Not only attending but also organizing many events.
Old 15th July 2016, 09:22 PM
Daybreak Guardian

She is definitely a hard-working woman, but I'm not going to compare her to other artists. I really appreciate the fact that she used to have so much creativity control over her artistry at some point, and that she still writes all of her lyrics. That makes me feel like I can relate to her at least, which doesn't happen often with other artists.
Old 15th July 2016, 11:13 PM
still alone Initiate

I think another hard working artist is Enya.
She spends years just to record one album. But she really does work hard during those years. She spends all that time layering her vocals over and over.
Then on top of it all, she always releases a high quality album in the end!
Old 16th July 2016, 01:56 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Ayu is definetely hard working, but it's hard to say if she works harder than Koda for example who also releases stuff and tours yearly or your average brazilian big star who will perform 20 days a month or more (really). Also, we don't have real access to what happens out of the public view and there are several cases where the final result we have access may look simple but took a ton of work behind the curtains.
Totally agree!! And I think one also needs to take into consideration what counts as hard work. Like, Britney Spears may not write her own lyrics, but the woman clearly works hard on her stage shows, being in top shape. Honestly, is so relative it's really hard to say who is more hardworking than whom.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 16th July 2016, 04:33 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I think another hard working artist is Enya.
She spends years just to record one album. But she really does work hard during those years. She spends all that time layering her vocals over and over.
Then on top of it all, she always releases a high quality album in the end!
100% agree. Enya is amazing.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><